12-30-2013 10:58 AM
54 123
tools
    Thank u all of u guys for giving ur ideas about 1520...It changed my mind :D...I'm definitely go for 1520 to give a shot..
    12-29-2013 01:06 PM
    I could make a joke about having bigger things in my pants but I won't. That's just too easy.

Anyway everyone I've handed my phone too makes a comment about it not actually feeling too big and being comfortable in a pocket.
    sajith930 likes this.
    12-29-2013 02:08 PM
    Add me to the "can't imagine going to something smaller than a 6" crew. The 1520 fits completely in my pocket.
    Ditto and ditto. I originally bought the 1520 in spite of its 6" screen, but now the 6" screen is my favorite thing about it. Prior to getting it, I thought 5.2" (like the LG G2) was the sweet spot, and that Nokia was insane for jumping up to 6", but after getting it and using it, I now completely understand. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

It's like when the HTC HD2 came out and people thought a 4.3" screen / phone was too big; how silly does that seem now? In fact, let's re-visit history:

HTC HD2 review - "The HD2 is a magnificent monster. It is a hulking, intimidating, massive slab of a gadget. If you think the device looks big in photos, it's nothing compared to how it seems up close. Yes, the HD2 is large -- some might say too large -- almost less a phone and more a tablet."

HTC HD2 review: Verdict | Phone Reviews | TechRadar - "However, that massive screen is both a blessing and a curse. The phone isn't going to appeal to many, as although it's a slim device, it's still very handbag unfriendly, as well as easy to see through any pocket."

Is the HTC Leo too big to be an everyday phone? - xda-developers - "I had the exact same worry with this phone, I spent hours in the o2 shop in my hometown just staring at the dummy phone trying to figure out if it was too big to use everyday. In the end I took the plunge and I can say I am very happy with the phone. Its feels incredibly solid in your hand and is slim enough that I barely notice it in my pocket, and it will happily fit into my skinnyist jeans. The size is a happy trade for the fantastic screen and speed of the phone."

Does that last quote sound familiar? :)

History is doomed to repeat itself, and I'm sure this same conversation will be had in the future about an even bigger phone. Heck, maybe Microsoft will shock the world someday with a 7" Surface Phone running a version of the full desktop Windows OS that also handles calls and texts... who knows?

Only time will tell if a 6" phone becomes commonplace or remains a novelty, but with the trend smartphones have had since their inception, I personally wouldn't be surprised if 5.7-6" becomes the norm, with outliers like the 6.3" Samsung Galaxy Mega and 6.44" Sony Xperia Z Ultra paving the way for the category of truly large-sized phones.
    sajith930 likes this.
    12-29-2013 06:15 PM
    Just a pay a little for Moliplayer.
    Yeah I know Moliplayer exists and kudos to the developer who did that , but I simply love VLC. VLC for android is in pretty bad shape. I see a lot of noise in the video that MX player doesn't do , but VLC is lot more convenient to use

I hope VLC for WP comes with the volume booster they have in desktop app. Lets see.
    sajith930 likes this.
    12-30-2013 10:58 AM
54 123