If 1520 comes with 5" ?

sajith930

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
No. Anyone who is using 4.5 inch screen will not feel much difference at 5 inch screen. 5.2-5.5 inch will the sweet spot. With my lumia 920, i find but annoying browsing web. But anything between 5.2-5.5 inch its always convenient to browse, play games and navigation, if 6 inch is too big.

Do u have 1520?..

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. The 6" display is the only thing holding me from buying it.. I need to stitch new pockets on my pants for that :p

Yeah, the specs are 100% perfect, all I want is that same EXACT 1520 in 5 inches, and not just exclusive to Verizon. I want it on AT&T too.

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
For the huge display size Lumia 1520 is extremely sleek , lightweight and very easy to hold and use. The feel of the phone is simple amazing and switching from 920 didnt make a 360 degree change for me. It is huge yes , but sweetly comfortable.

And I checked all my jeans / formal pants the 1520 fits all and you wont feel bothered unless you wanna touch your toe with it in the pocket.

And the attention it gets , the sleek white unibody , you almost feel like a celebrity :)

I change phones almost every year , 1520 has been the best so far ....

sajith930

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
For the huge display size Lumia 1520 is extremely sleek , lightweight and very easy to hold and use. The feel of the phone is simple amazing and switching from 920 didnt make a 360 degree change for me. It is huge yes , but sweetly comfortable.

And I checked all my jeans / formal pants the 1520 fits all and you wont feel bothered unless you wanna touch your toe with it in the pocket.

And the attention it gets , the sleek white unibody , you almost feel like a celebrity :)

I change phones almost every year , 1520 has been the best so far ....

you guys giving me 1:1 facts to buy 1520 and not to buy it...:D i'm going crazy now...may have to meet doctor soon :D

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
you guys giving me 1:1 facts to buy 1520 and not to buy it...:D i'm going crazy now...may have to meet doctor soon :D

if all else fails, just flip a coin. Not because it'll tell you the answer, but because in that moment: what you truly desire will be revealed unto you. Thus is my wisdom for you.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Do u have 1520?..

Not yet. But if Nokia delays in launching a 5 inch variant with >= hardware configuration as 1520 beyond Q2 of 2014, the I will buy a 1520. On Christmas I got a chance to get hands on a red 1520. No doubt it is an amazing device. The only loophole I found was

1) Mono speakers
2) Too much of everything is bad enough. So it is too flat. maybe they could have increased its width by slight fraction, made it around 9.2 inch, that would have improved speaker quality and heat issue. I want something that can have speakers as loud as Nokia N95

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Well 1520 gave me gr8 reasons to move away from my nexus 7 :) now I wish a free VLC player to land and i ditch my nexus forever.. u know those mkv files :)

frankly dont find muh convenience between my frnds nexus 5 and my 1520. but for that 1 inch I get a lot of awesomeness

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I could make a joke about having bigger things in my pants but I won't. That's just too easy.

Anyway everyone I've handed my phone too makes a comment about it not actually feeling too big and being comfortable in a pocket.

jbowyer1

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Add me to the "can't imagine going to something smaller than a 6" crew. The 1520 fits completely in my pocket.

Ditto and ditto. I originally bought the 1520 in spite of its 6" screen, but now the 6" screen is my favorite thing about it. Prior to getting it, I thought 5.2" (like the LG G2) was the sweet spot, and that Nokia was insane for jumping up to 6", but after getting it and using it, I now completely understand. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

It's like when the HTC HD2 came out and people thought a 4.3" screen / phone was too big; how silly does that seem now? In fact, let's re-visit history:

HTC HD2 review - "The HD2 is a magnificent monster. It is a hulking, intimidating, massive slab of a gadget. If you think the device looks big in photos, it's nothing compared to how it seems up close. Yes, the HD2 is large -- some might say too large -- almost less a phone and more a tablet."

HTC HD2 review: Verdict | Phone Reviews | TechRadar - "However, that massive screen is both a blessing and a curse. The phone isn't going to appeal to many, as although it's a slim device, it's still very handbag unfriendly, as well as easy to see through any pocket."

Is the HTC Leo too big to be an everyday phone? - xda-developers - "I had the exact same worry with this phone, I spent hours in the o2 shop in my hometown just staring at the dummy phone trying to figure out if it was too big to use everyday. In the end I took the plunge and I can say I am very happy with the phone. Its feels incredibly solid in your hand and is slim enough that I barely notice it in my pocket, and it will happily fit into my skinnyist jeans. The size is a happy trade for the fantastic screen and speed of the phone."

Does that last quote sound familiar? :)

History is doomed to repeat itself, and I'm sure this same conversation will be had in the future about an even bigger phone. Heck, maybe Microsoft will shock the world someday with a 7" Surface Phone running a version of the full desktop Windows OS that also handles calls and texts... who knows?

Only time will tell if a 6" phone becomes commonplace or remains a novelty, but with the trend smartphones have had since their inception, I personally wouldn't be surprised if 5.7-6" becomes the norm, with outliers like the 6.3" Samsung Galaxy Mega and 6.44" Sony Xperia Z Ultra paving the way for the category of truly large-sized phones.

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Just a pay a little for Moliplayer. :wink:

Yeah I know Moliplayer exists and kudos to the developer who did that , but I simply love VLC. VLC for android is in pretty bad shape. I see a lot of noise in the video that MX player doesn't do , but VLC is lot more convenient to use

I hope VLC for WP comes with the volume booster they have in desktop app. Lets see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte