Volume Bug with Lumia 1520

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I had a strange bug with my Lumia 1520 yesterday.
Christmas music bugs the crap out of me so i had my new headphones and my lumia ready to counteract lol.

Except, when i tried to go change the volume, the phone's actual volume didn't go down. In fact i turned the volume(and watch the numbers go down all the way to zero) but the volume still stayed at the same level.

I had to turn the phone off and back on and then it worked.

But this issue popped up twice. Anyone else have this bug as well?

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
You have to restart your phone. I got that bug too. Not only volume, you can't skip songs when that happens.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_sea_206 using Tapatalk

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I actually can skip songs. I've had this several times a day. Just shows they are, in fact, bringing separate volume control. You will notice that the ringer volume does change but media and games do not when this happens. I'm thinking a firmware piece in black killed what hides it in the OS.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a 920 and I sure have the same bug. I think it's related to the Black update, cuz I had the GDR3 preview for months and it didn't happen. In the mean time, I noticed that if you play the file after you changed the volume, it'll adjust itself. for example if u play a song on 20 volume, and you want to raise it to 30, just tap on the same file again after u set the volume to 30. It's temporary, but works for me cuz I hate reboots! :)

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Just shows they are, in fact, bringing separate volume control. You will notice that the ringer volume does change but media and games do not when this happens. I'm thinking a firmware piece in black killed what hides it in the OS.

Dude, I just want to say, you are a Genius! And I think you're of course right! :D

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a 920 and I sure have the same bug. I think it's related to the Black update, cuz I had the GDR3 preview for months and it didn't happen. In the mean time, I noticed that if you play the file after you changed the volume, it'll adjust itself. for example if u play a song on 20 volume, and you want to raise it to 30, just tap on the same file again after u set the volume to 30. It's temporary, but works for me cuz I hate reboots! :)

yeah I noticed this as well.

YvonnePBorroto

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Same issue with 1520: vol didn't go up, just down. Vice versa one month ago, before the update. Last time someone on another forum told me to reboot the phone and it ended up deleting everything. Glad to know just powering off and on fixes it, though it's a pain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro