Background apps

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Now that I have so much more room for live tiles, I find myself compelled to have more active. How many are you guys running successfully? Right now I'm sitting at 9, but I'm not sure how much higher I can go.

vishhh

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have reached 12 already .... The display is just too good on 1520

Sent from my RM-937_im_india_235 using Tapatalk

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm weird I guess. Of the apps that I can allow or not I only allow one to run, Bing weather. Any tile on my home screen that moves or flips gets reduced to the smallest size so it will stop all that nonsense. Nothing on my home screen moves at all.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm weird I guess. Of the apps that I can allow or not I only allow one to run, Bing weather. Any tile on my home screen that moves or flips gets reduced to the smallest size so it will stop all that nonsense. Nothing on my home screen moves at all.
Certainly unusual, but I'm not sure it's weird. Can I ask why you prefer not to?

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I have Bing News, FB, LinkedIn and Twitter blocked from running in the background. Those apps aren't important enough to me to have running all the time. I don't need push notifications so I don't want to compromise performance or battery life if I don't need to.

whtchdr

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the limit (15) running at all times. Still can't kill the battery inside of a day.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have the limit (15) running at all times. Still can't kill the battery inside of a day.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

I keep adding till I get the warning then I go back and kill one. The only thing stopping me from having a 100+ running is the OS limit.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Are the main benefits push notifications and live tiles?

The main benefit for me is knowledge at a glance. I am looking at my screen I know things like the weather, if I have notifications on Facebook, Twitter, any of my 3 Email accounts. I know the current traffic conditions, where my stocks are sitting, what artist is singing the song I am listening to. I know that Bluetooth, and WiFi are on, I can see the current local weather radar. I know if any of my children or my wife have posted anything on Facebook. I know what my next appointments are and if WPCentral has posted any new articles, and if I have any new podcasts to listen to. I haven't even opened an app yet. Just by looking at my WP live tiles I am more knowledgeable.

whtchdr

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I do wish the limit was a bit higher. You can fit so many live tiles on the 1520s screen that 15 background apps just doesn't cut it. A limit that will no doubt be adjusted upward in the future now that hardware limitations are being resolved.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the full 15 running...my battery is off the charger for about 15 hours a day, and i am usually at 40% when I plug it in at night. Love that big battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans