Is that a phone?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just love sharing these stories with you all....

So yesterday marked the beginning of my shopping experience and I was at the mall. Unfortunately got hungry so i hit up the food court...While i was standing in line these two younger teens(If i am 18, i'd say they were probably 12-14 years old maybe) whispering.

Guy 1: That is not a phone.

Guy 2: Yes it is. That is phone.

Guy 1: It is a tablet. There is no phone that big.

Guy 2: Dude, I am telling you it is a phone.

Guy 1: I bet you 5 buck it isn't.

Me: It's a phone. It's a Lumia.

Guy 1: Whoa.

Guy 2: See I told you it was a phone.

THen the cashier at the Mcdonald's was like so caught up with my phone in my hand, she missed my order. She was like "That's really a phone?"
and I just nodded and she was like "They make these phones bigger and bigger everyday and i thought my iphone 5s was big." LOL

So after i got my food one of the guys was like "Do they have that phone on T-mobile?"
and i was like "Not right now. But they have some other phones that are a little smaller and just as cool with some bad *** cameras."

And he's like "No, i want that phone. It's a beast..." LOL

I honestly get a joy out of this because Lumia is slowly gaining mindshare and my generation(18-25) and the slightly younger teen generation is likely what will make or break a phone because i believe older people tend to be more set in their ways and if they have an iPhone or android...if it works for them, no point in experimenting with something new.

Microsoft and Nokia REALLY need to start coming up with some marketing that targets the younger demographics....Perhaps a commercial similar to the original surface dance commercials or something.

Not to mention i did notice several looks while i was sitting and talking on it...this one man was just flat out staring, kind of creepy like lol.

But who knows...Me and my red 1520 might have managed to convert 2 new people to the Windows phone side :D

Westoncreg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that college age is definitely a big market to go for with windows phone, in fact my first semester at college I've seen more windows phone in hands then just walking around town for the last few years 😋

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had similar experiences out in public places before. I've also heard some pretty funny remarks too. My BF tells me I could launch a nuclear warhead with my phone, but I think my favorite quote was from a friend of mine. When I first showed him my phone, he just stared at me and said, "Wow! Is your ear and mouth really that far apart?" I almost spit beer out of my nose.

sajith930

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I've had similar experiences out in public places before. I've also heard some pretty funny remarks too. My BF tells me I could launch a nuclear warhead with my phone, but I think my favorite quote was from a friend of mine. When I first showed him my phone, he just stared at me and said, "Wow! Is your ear and mouth really that far apart?" I almost spit beer out of my nose.

that's awesome...I can imagine ur expression in that situation .:D

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
lol I almost just choked on my soda reading this haha

Wilguens Joachin

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar experience myself at the the movie theater the other night. I sat down and started using my phone and i hear these two couple behind me talking.
Guy: Wtf is that? a phone?
Girl: i think it is, because he's texting.
Guy: That's big a** phone.

Than the dude tapped me on my shoulder and asked if it actually was a phone and i said yes, it's the Nokia Lumia 1520. I let him hold it and he was just amazing how big the phone was and how thin it is. So yea, i love my phone :D

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Thank the Lord I work by myself right now, because I laughed so hard I was wheezing....

dropofdreams

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I had a comparable experience with mine. I was in my local plate lunch venue and a guy walked past and asked if it was a phone or a tablet. I replied advising him it was the best of both. He pulled out his Samsung Mega and we compared that though he has a larger screen, the quality was terrible. He was under the impression that his was the only phablet on the market.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo