Free Halo Spartan with Nokia 1520 purchase

benleclair

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I bought my AT&T 1520 from the Microsoft store and one of the advertised perks was a free copy of Halo. In the purchase email, it says the following:

How to redeem your Free Halo Spartan Assault download
Redeem on your Windows Phone 8:
Launch Store app from the app list
Tap search button
Search for "Halo: Spartan Asslt"
Download of the App will automatically be free

If I follow those directions it wants to charge me $6.99! I tried talking to Microsoft Store support and to say they had no idea would be a compliment. Anyone else run into this? I'd like my free game as promised. Thanks for any help!

benleclair

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your reply.

When going to that link it has a circle with an exclamation point and it says "This app is not available for your device. Tap here for more info."

I'm already frustrated with this phone and I haven't even really used it. The $20 app credit from Nokia isn't working either. When I try to register it gives me a "Something went wrong error."

What did Microsoft sell me??

greedypnguin

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your reply.

When going to that link it has a circle with an exclamation point and it says "This app is not available for your device. Tap here for more info."

I'm already frustrated with this phone and I haven't even really used it. The $20 app credit from Nokia isn't working either. When I try to register it gives me a "Something went wrong error."

What did Microsoft sell me??

Well I would say try using the proxy trick, you're not doing anything wrong as technically you bought this when you bought your lumia 1520

benleclair

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Swapped out my AT&T SIM with my wife's AT&T SIM, waited about 30 minutes and it's showing up free now. (Dunno why.)

Downloading and then I'll swap them back. Now to figure out the Nokia $20 app thing. :)

Matts4313

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The Halo download worked out of the gate, but the Nokia app card didnt. I had to do a chat with them. I am still waiting on a resolution.

benleclair

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Yep, finally got an email back from them and it was just a "your issue is important to us and it's been escalated." Can neither of these companies run a promotion??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss