Everybody still love 1520?

trandz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
loved it loved more than any phone. However, it was too big to carry daily and I tried believe me. I ended up returning and now waiting for an ATT 929 or something similar. Damn Id love that phone

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Despite the touch screen and WiFi issues (sometimes) I still love the phone specially camera (best camera on the phone I ever used) sometimes the problem are very annoying and make me want to return the phone and go back to android but I do like windows phone a lot and I get use too with the screen size ,display and sound are very amazing in 1520..hopefully Nokia and Microsoft will listen to customer and bring the update to fix all the issues very soon..

how about u guys? Still like the phone or u plan to return or change to different phone?

Isn't that odd, i get similar issues, not gonna return the phone though i love my 1520! :D

TheBigOkie

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from a 920 about a month ago. I have been pretty satisfied so far. No WiFi issues here, though I have had touch screen issues with jumps, failure to register some touches, etc. This has almost always been with web browsing.

Yes, it's been a pain, but not enough to make me want to switch back to iOS or Android. I just received a pushed update this morning. Not sure if it is AT&T or from Nokia. Anxious to see if the short list of things get resolved.

Really only one issue that pushes my buttons. Why no built in wireless charging?!!! I would really like 15 minutes of rant time with Nokia management over that one.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Love it but having all the issues so I bought a note 3. Sending it in for warranty in the AM and will wait and see what happens after its returned to me... Funny thing I have the same screen issues with my dells venue 8 pro.. Wonder if its a windows issue with the hardware interaction. Its not anywhere near as bad on my Dell as my Nokia.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

bmastenbrook

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Funny thing I have the same screen issues with my dells venue 8 pro.. Wonder if its a windows issue with the hardware interaction. Its not anywhere near as bad on my Dell as my Nokia.

I've seen a little of this on the Dell too. The common element here is probably Synaptics, the company that makes the touch recognizer for both products.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Every single phone on the market has some issues. The few I've had w/my 1520 nowhere NEAR outweigh all of the reasons that it's a better phone than any other on the market right now.

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I am still loving this phone, my wife is still loving her phone and my oldest son is lusting after the 1520 even after receiving my handmedown 920, lol.

jfdavis17

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Love it? This is the best phone period. I was afraid of the size before I bought it. I sure was a stupid man. Now I wonder why people walk around with these little, itty bitty screens.

lcjarvis

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Love it so far I'm just trying to get internet sharing on my phone I got the unlocked version on att

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Not rich at all. These amazing devices have been available for as little as $74 at times. Cost more than that to repair a cracked iPhone screen.

I am amazed at what gets invented every night while I sleep. I wake and discover another LEAP in technology. The 1520 being the most recent.

This stuff was all science fiction just a few years ago. If someone handed you this marvelous device just after we survived Y2K, (not long ago) you wouldn't think it was a huge cell phone.

Instead, you would think it's the smallest most powerful computer you had ever seen.

We have come so far so fast. And our expectations are revealing. We dismiss things like this for the smallest of reasons.

Humans are amazing creatures. :)

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Not rich at all. These amazing devices have been available for as little as $74 at times. Cost more than that to repair a cracked iPhone screen.

I am amazed at what gets invented every night while I sleep. I wake and discover another LEAP in technology. The 1520 being the most recent.

This stuff was all science fiction just a few years ago. If someone handed you this marvelous device just after we survived Y2K, (not long ago) you wouldn't think it was a huge cell phone.

Instead, you would think it's the smallest most powerful computer you had ever seen.

We have come so far so fast. And our expectations are revealing. We dismiss things like this for the smallest of reasons.

Humans are amazing creatures. :)

I agree, the exponential progress in technology blows my mind sometimes. At what point does it slow down? How big should a cell phone be, how many cores should a processor have? How many gb's of RAM are enough? I think the specs will top out soon, maybe in 2014.

Sent from my RM-940 using magic....

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thinking this payday is the day I finally get me a L1520. Wi-Fi issues I hope stay away, but I am not going to let it stop me from snagging a White one.

Or a red one.

Or white... hmmmmm.....

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Still. Very happy with the 1520. No wifi issues and only occasional touch over-sensitivity. Its winter, so I always have a coat pocket handy to carry such a big device. I wonder how it will wear in warmer weather? Hopefully by then I will have a swivel clip case that will extend this surprising non-issue status to all seasons. I have been happy at the progression of updates and new apps over the month or so I've had the phone. I have the sense that I've enjoyed with Blackberry devices that its getting better, and I have high hopes for 8.1 and beyond.

Back when all smartphones had small screens, I used to be on my desktop or laptop much more often than I am today. I've had a Surface Pro since its release and it effectively mothballed my laptop and relegated my home desktop to about once-a-week use. What I've noticed this past month with the 1520, is that my daily, at home use of my Surface Pro is less than before. The 1520 screen and large touch keyboard is so good that I often don't bother crossing the room, logging on and surfing or responding at length to an email on my Surface Pro. Even at work, I used to sometimes log in to a web-based email client on my workstation to respond to an email that was routed to an other-than-enterprise email account, but now I just use the 1520.

It's been more than a month and my principle interest remains with the 1520 and WP. There is a novelty element for me, perhaps, because its my first WP device. But I am more attuned to releases for the WP platform and potential upgrades to the 1520 than I am any other device. My usual course is to start to pine for the next great device within a shorter period of time than with the 1520. FWIW.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos