Everybody still love 1520?

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Btw when you guys mention screen sensitivity issues do you mean its too sensitive or do you have to double tap at times?

neither, really. Many 1520s have a screen issue resulting in swipes being recognized as clicks.

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro2_936 using Tapatalk

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
My 1020 does this from time to time...i just stop what I am doing for about 15 seconds and then it seems to calm down

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the sensitivity set to the highest due to my ivisor screen protector but once in awhile....maybe once a week if that it does get super super sensitive!

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a 920, I've had my 1520 for 5 days and it is, hands down, the best mobile DEVICE, let alone phone, that I have ever owned and used. It is seriously THAT good.

Having said that, it's really sad to see all these users returning their 1520's soon after they've bought.

Keep in mind, the 1520 was the first device to have shipped with it the official GDR3 and Lumia Black firmware - and I can tell you now, that almost all the issues people are having are software.

I had the GDR3 Preview on my 920 and I had a lot of the issues outlined in the "Bugs/Defects Thread" (the touch screen one and apps crashing a lot) - For all those who really like their 1520 but have experienced issues, just wait. the update is coming mid-late Jan, and by the end of January you'll have the perfect Windows Phone.

But seriously - the screen is gorgeous, the camera is fantastic (best camera behind the 1020), its an absolute powerhouse under the hood (I do a lot of mobile gaming and Asphalt 8 and Dungeon Hunter 4 look INCREDIBLE on it), and since I have come to terms with the fact I have stubby fingers, texting is a breeze.

The 1520, for me, kills every other phone currently on the market. That's not my ****** coming out, that's the truth. It is seriously a perfect device (after the software update).

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Really only one issue that pushes my buttons. Why no built in wireless charging?!!! I would really like 15 minutes of rant time with Nokia management over that one.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Because AT&T is evil, and neutered the device by forcing Nokia to remove built in wireless charging. That's because Nokia uses Qi Wireless Charging, meanwhile, AT&T is allied with a different style of wireless charging. And thus, they made US buyers of the 1520 suffer.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm in a deep state of love w/ mine.. :D
same here buddy, I sold my Sony ZL which was a piece of crap in front of the 1520. I was always having issues receiving messages and pictures. Now with the 1520 I don't have these issues anymore, text messages works faster than ever and picture mms always work. Happy than ever.

bsd107

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I like mine, but HATE what AT&T did to it. The 16GB is crippling (greatly limits the number of apps you can install), and after using a 920 with Qi for a year, I am really missing the wireless charging.If AT&T would just get the f##$@ out of the way and let Nokia do their thing, this would have been a fantastic phone.The only other comment I have is that the 1520's camera seems just like the 920's in terms of performance and quality. That is not really a criticism, but there is a BIG gap between the 1520 camera performance and that of the 1020. I was hoping they would be more similar than they are....

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree about the 16gb, but I think Nokia should shoulder a bit of criticism at this point. Where is the Qi charging shell? I'm guessing that is just getting blown off...

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I like mine, but HATE what AT&T did to it. The 16GB is crippling (greatly limits the number of apps you can install), and after using a 920 with Qi for a year, I am really missing the wireless charging.If AT&T would just get the f##$@ out of the way and let Nokia do their thing, this would have been a fantastic phone.The only other comment I have is that the 1520's camera seems just like the 920's in terms of performance and quality. That is not really a criticism, but there is a BIG gap between the 1520 camera performance and that of the 1020. I was hoping they would be more similar than they are....
I quite agreed with you, they supposed did it to drop the price and make it cheaper for contract based customers. Which they can get the phone as low as $49.99 down with two years of contract. Now, I don't understand why they didn't keep two versions of the phone, the one with 16GB without the Qi wireless charger and keep another one more expensive with 32GB with the Qi integrated, same as the international version. It could have worked for people who willing to pay more. But AT&T always wants to screw the Americans, giving us the most cheap *** version.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
...I think Nokia should shoulder a bit of criticism at this point. Where is the Qi charging shell? I'm guessing that is just getting blown off...
The only need for such a product in the U.S.; AT&T may have made it part of the contract that Nokia not compete with AT&T's PMA push. Of course, it might just be that the small volume of potential customers isn't worth the cost. (After all, we're talking about a subset of AT&T 1520 users.)

ragingklu

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had it very long, but I ditched my Note III for it. I'm not having a lot of the annoying issues others have reported (thankfully), but I'll have to wait a little longer to see if there are any things that really irk me. So far I love it and am not having any second thoughts whatsoever. My only "issue" is no BF4 Battlelog support for WP yet, but that's beyond trivial.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had it very long, but I ditched my Note III for it. I'm not having a lot of the annoying issues others have reported (thankfully), but I'll have to wait a little longer to see if there are any things that really irk me. So far I love it and am not having any second thoughts whatsoever. My only "issue" is no BF4 Battlelog support for WP yet, but that's beyond trivial.

Lol I hear you there.. I was wanting that too.

boredtoday

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
i love mine. i came from samsung omnia 7 (wp7) and im not even close to discovering all the things i was missing before.

from the os, to the gorgeous screen, the speedy processor, the awesome pureview camera, to the fantastic screen... everything is familiar AND fresh.

masterchief1984

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Finally have my 1520. And I have to say that it is everything I thought it was going to be. I'm going to be out and about tomorrow so I can out it to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077