Everybody still love 1520?

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
i love mine. i came from samsung omnia 7 (wp7) and im not even close to discovering all the things i was missing before.

from the os, to the gorgeous screen, the speedy processor, the awesome pureview camera, to the fantastic screen... everything is familiar AND fresh.

wow that must be an amazing upgrade :)

I went from Focus-Titan-920-1520 and it was an amazing upgrade for me, I can only imagine your sense of awe :)

boredtoday

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
it is! i was quite jealous of my wife's 920 for about a year, now it's her turn to ogle at my phone whenever i use it beside her. hahah

kertong

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely love my 1520! Biggest complaint though, is the lack of wireless charging (up yours, AT&T). It has the over-sensitive touch screen issue, and double-tap-to-wake doesn't always work, but it is an amazing, refreshing device to use.

With that said, I still use my 1020 as my daily driver. It's easier to carry/pocket, easier to use one handed, and whenever there is a breathtaking sunset, or some other beautiful moment to photograph, I want the 41MP'er with me. Though I have to say, the 1520's camera in daylight has exceeded my expectations. Still, the 1020 is my daily "goto" carry phone, and I use the 1520 at home for everything else. Even though I use the 1020 daily, every time I pick up the 1520 it takes my breath away, and having so many live tiles fit on the landing homescreen is so refreshing. I am *this* close to just selling the 1020 to make the 1520 my daily, everyday device, but I just can't do it quite yet..

The 1520 is still a little hard to "whip out on the go" for me easily due to its size, and I'm constantly afraid of dropping it. The 1020 is super easy to drop onto the nokia charging stand for qi charging, while the 1520 I still fumble with cables to charge. Also, the 1020 on the nokia charging dock acts as my nighttime clock/alarm (thanks glance), a bit harder to do with the 1520.

And I don't know if this is just in my head or not, but scrolling/animations on the 1020 seem just a hair more fluid than on the 1520, despite the 1520's beefier hardware. Maybe because the 1520 has so many more pixels to push..

But if I had to pick just one device, I wouldn't be able to. Hardest decision, ever, haha. Good job nokia, getting me to shell out dough for *both* devices because I can't pick just one..

edit: pulled the trigger and ditched the 1020, I am 100% on 1520 now. :) So far so good, I do miss nighttime wireless charging + glance, but for that small compromise I feel I've gained so much more! Also, **** you AT&T

Last edited:

serenitatis

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm with Nokia about 7 years. I has many phones and for my opinion 1520 is best Nokia device ever. Seems soft part will be so amazing like hardware with 8.1 update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro