Few questions about the 1520

yuvalnyk

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I've been thinking of buying the 1520 but I am not sure I can handle his size. So I need to ask you some questions because I can't test his size before I'm buying the phone.
On a daily use, put in and out the pocket /bag, is it comfortable or the size isn't good for that kind of use.
I have a nexus 7 and it looks weird for me to have tablet and phone with almost the same size, so for who tried both, is there any difference between them?
And last, not so important but what is the reaction of people to the phone?

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Sure this phone not for everyone. As I said ones, if you work in office most time, this will be good choice, but if your work required more mobility you should consider smaller devices.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
So, yeah, the 1520 is big, but it's not Nexus 7-sized. I haven't had anyone ever say anything to me (except friends and family, who are jokingly mocking me) -- I've not even had someone ask "what is that/what kind of phone is that" or "how big is that."

You don't say what device you'd be coming from, but let's assume that it's the obvious Lumia competitor, the 1020. The 1520 is 0.55in wider and 1.68in taller, but the Nexus 7 would be another 1 1/8" wider and another 1.46" taller than the 1520.

It does fit in my dress pants and even inside the "watch pocket" that's sewn into the inside of the right pocket of such pants. However, anything bigger would not. It is too big to use one-handed for some activities, but not for others. Accordingly, I've arranged my tiles such that those that are more informational (weather, news, traffic, etc.) are at the top while the ones that I need quickly are closer to the bottom (email, calendar, phone, contacts, etc.). This lets me reach both the main buttons of the phone and the important tiles with the same hand that's holding the phone -- one-handed access for most key features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes