im having an issue registering viber on my lumia 1520,always saying "unexpected exception occurred"..any solution to this problem? i tried installing and unstalling,even reformat my phone...any help would be appreciated..
    01-01-2014 11:25 AM
    how's your issue? has it been solved? fortunately for me i am able to successfully install viber but my issue is that there is no sound for the notifications. it didn't behave like this on my 925. i could get message tones and even calls but since i transferred to the 1520 i only get live tile notifications. no message tone at all. my other voip apps like IM+ works well but viber doesn't. i'm thinking due to some incompatibility with Black since it's new but it may be something else.
    01-10-2014 09:29 AM
    Sad to say,your problem is still the same as my problem..i don't know. Who's to blame,Nokia or viber? I hope they have the solution for this problem..
    01-10-2014 03:23 PM
    im having an issue registering viber on my lumia 1520,always saying "unexpected exception occurred"..any solution to this problem? i tried installing and unstalling,even reformat my phone...any help would be appreciated..
    Have you tried on WiFi and mobile network or may be with different network altogether, office/friend etc. It could be network problem.
    01-10-2014 06:32 PM
    ... my issue is that there is no sound for the notifications. it didn't behave like this on my 925. i could get message tones and even calls but since i transferred to the 1520 i only get live tile notifications. no message tone at all. my other voip apps like IM+ works well but viber doesn't. i'm thinking due to some incompatibility with Black since it's new but it may be something else.
    exactly my problem. It worked fine the first days, it even rang from locked when I had a viber call which didn't happen on my 920. But after that no notifications for messages or calls, the weird thing is it gives one for new contact joining!!!! Uninstalled/ reinstalled several times with reboot in-between, no difference whatsoever... It's sad that viber appears to be focusing on "cuteness" with their updates and news posts instead of functionality and bugfixing. Not all of us are teenagers and viber has been offering a valuable service in difficult times...
    multo likes this.
    01-12-2014 12:49 PM
    I fixed Viber on my Lumia 920.
    I had push notification issues for quite a few months now and I was able to find a way around this problem.
    Here is what I did:
    1. In Settings / Background tasks, I only allowed two applications to run in the background.
    2. I uninstalled Viber from my phone.
    3. In Settings / Storage check, I cleared the temporary files.
    4. In Settings / Ringtones+Sounds, I unticked/unchecked the "all other notifications" (I saw that Viber will use its own notification sounds for push notifications).
    4. I performed a soft reboot (holding down the volume down + power button).
    5. After the reboot, I again cleared the temporary files in Settings / Storage Check.
    6. I re-installed viber.

I am not really sure how it worked :)
    I hope this info helps.
    02-18-2014 07:41 PM