Best Music Streaming advice...My White 1520 Is Being Overnighted!

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Deezer rocks too if your in a country that can get it (No U.S yet). Mix Radio is awesome too. Try it. It's free and no ads! The free version will allow you 10 skips an hour. It looks great too. I if you like it, but you can opt for the paid version (5.99month). It'll give you unlimited skips plus up the audio quality significantly too.

tonybessette

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting the Xbox Music pass. Once you do that, you'll never want to go back. It actually has MORE features than iTunes, and a full music library (since Microsoft's music services have been around almost as long as iTunes).(The other services, including Nokia Music, Pandora, etc., are really just the radio services. Not a criticism, but they are not really the same thing as iTunes which you may be used to....)

But iTunes ad free for their radio is only $24 a month (iTunes Match). Sure I had to purchase songs to listen to them, but I got the radio for free....the $24 went for ad free (no unlimited skips :cry:).

I am a big XBOX Music fan. I find it to be a great service and the value is amazing. If you get the one year subscription @100.00, and just download about 2 CDs a month, it pays for itself. Throw in you have it across 4 devices, and you have a great bargin. Let us know what you think of it!!

Sure I pay $100 for unlimited downloads, but are those 2 CD's a month for the year "paying for the subscription itself"....are those songs/albums mine to keep? ...or will I lose them when I unsubscribe to Xbox Music Pass, a year down the road? I have downloaded two songs so far (and I'm subscribed to Xbox Music Pass...well my first month is free), and I have it set "phone-wise" to save videos, music and photos to the SD card. I don't see them on my SD card, but they are in my Xbox Music app to be played. Should they be on my SD card, so not to fill up my internal?

Like Pandora, Spotify, iTunes, and other streaming services are all from like $4-$10 a month, and iTunes at $24 for the year....Even Hulu and Netflix area $7 a month. I'm just trying to justify $9.99 a month for music I can't keep in the end.

DAYUM...I just googled Google Music all access, and it's also $9.99/mo.....crazy. I see a plus on GMusic All Access...it's got unlimited skips....does Xbox Music have unlimited skips for the $9.99/mo?

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The only media services I pay for currently are Hulu+ and Netflix, since my wife, son and I all use the service on our phones, computers and Roku.

I may give Xbox Music a try, but so far, Nokia Mix Radio does the job for me.

I will also cast another vote for myTube as a YouTube client.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I like Rhapsody because you can pick exact songs and albums to listen to as part of the subscription. Playlists work across all devices. No syncing or music purchases are required. It's like owning everything and having availability from everywhere.

It was fantastic on the iPhone with Airplay and an appleTV integrated into my home system. Sadly no such capability exists on WP8.

However, it does have the occasional annoying bug on all the smartphone platforms and web page player. The most stable platform is the native PC software followed by iOS.

tonybessette

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Two questions I guess...lol.

1. Do you get to keep the music you download with Xbox Music Pass? If yes, where does it go....cause I've downloaded two songs, and I can't find the MP3's with my file explorer.

2. With Xbox Music Pass, do you get unlimited skips with the radio streaming service? Google Music All Access has unlimited skip with the $9.99 subscription.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

1. Do you get to keep the music you download with Xbox Music Pass? If yes, where does it go....cause I've downloaded two songs, and I can't find the MP3's with my file explorer.

2. With Xbox Music Pass, do you get unlimited skips with the radio streaming service? Google Music All Access has unlimited skip with the $9.99 subscription.

1. If you downloaded songs with the Xbox Music Pass subscription they will be unplayable if your subscription runs out. You can keep the files, they will just be unplayable. On the PC they get downloaded to your default Music folder in a folder called Xbox Music (usually C:\Users\username\Music\Xbox Music).

2. Yes

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

You dont keep it in the sense that you own it. They used to have it where you could keep 10 songs a month. If you add a song or album or collection you will be able to stream/download from any device that has access.

Unlimited skips/plays and shuffles. If you get Xbox Music, definately check out the user playlists for some good suggested streaming songs.

raque

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Bought the year pass for XBOX Music and I like it but there are three things I would love them to improve.

1. Be able to randomize the whole collection of songs you have added.
2. Be able to play other users playlists to explore new music.
3. Add explore to the mobile versions of the app.

The app would then be top notch. Spotify allows for all those features. I don't think it would be difficult to add to XBOX Music unless they already have it and I'm missing it?

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Bought the year pass for XBOX Music and I like it but there are three things I would love them to improve.

1. Be able to randomize the whole collection of songs you have added.
2. Be able to play other users playlists to explore new music.
3. Add explore to the mobile versions of the app.

The app would then be top notch. Spotify allows for all those features. I don't think it would be difficult to add to XBOX Music unless they already have it and I'm missing it?

Unless I'm not understanding what you mean, you can in fact randomize and shuffle your entire collection in both the music+video hub and Xbox music app.

CrackFachry

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm very happy with my subcription of Nokia MixRadio+
- Streaming music and download them for offline listening
- Unlimited download Mixes
- Unlimited Skips
- Playme Mix - where Nokia music make a customized Playlist based on our habit/library/favorites. It's downloadable too.
- Create Mix based on three of your choice of artists.
- Nokia Music Store where you can buy music (in my country songs/album costs less than XBox Music)
- Add favorites to your favorite artists

Best of all.. its very cheap in Indonesia. Only Rp 15.000 (less than US$1.5) a month!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck