Nokia 1520 and micro SD cards

peterdroid

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I would say, if you are going for Sandisk, then make sure it is a so-called "Ultra" or "UHS-I".. these are specially optimized for mobiles

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
My SanDisk 32gb card showed up today....I'm almost afraid to have anything saved to it for fear of the issues stated. :winktongue:

Went with the super duper, lightening fast, version...hopefully there are no issues....

AleWP7

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
They were used in a 1520

Hi Irvin! I have a Nokia Lumia 1520 and I bought a Sandisk Extreme Plus 64Gb. MicroSD is amazing but I have problems with the battery of my 1520: when I install the microsd on my 1520, the battery go down really more quickly (usually I do 2 days with a charge, when I have microsd I do 1 day maximum). Do you have the same problem?

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi Irvin! I have a Nokia Lumia 1520 and I bought a Sandisk Extreme Plus 64Gb. MicroSD is amazing but I have problems with the battery of my 1520: when I install the microsd on my 1520, the battery go down really more quickly (usually I do 2 days with a charge, when I have microsd I do 1 day maximum). Do you have the same problem?

hrmm no idea, I have never used the phone without the SD card in it. I will have to check this out for ya.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a 32g Sandisk Extreme Plus class 10 card at Best Buy. I ordered it online on Saturday and it was priced at $99. I had a discount code, so I went ahead and ordered it. Today when I picked it up, it was on sale for $39. I didn't know about the sale, so I was very pleasantly surprised! Basically $60 off before using my discount code! So, if anyone is on the market for this card, you might want to check it out. I don't know if this is national or not; I am in San Antonio, TX.

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up a 32g Sandisk Extreme Plus class 10 card at Best Buy. I ordered it online on Saturday and it was priced at $99. I had a discount code, so I went ahead and ordered it. Today when I picked it up, it was on sale for $39. I didn't know about the sale, so I was very pleasantly surprised! Basically $60 off before using my discount code! So, if anyone is on the market for this card, you might want to check it out. I don't know if this is national or not; I am in San Antonio, TX.

Whats that discount code?
please share!

mhectorgato

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Just plugged my SanDisk Ultra 10 32gb into my wp8.1 1520. It was recognized just fine by the phone.

Using Storage sense, I moved all my apps to the SD (should have only done one or two, but I assumed all would be ok). A while later, after it was complete, all my non-system apps disappeared. Storage sense now shows the SD as nearly empty. I plugged the SD in my desktop and it shows that it needs to be formatted, which I didn't do hoping that the phone would recognize it again. No such luck after a few restarts.

Another strange item is that the phone went into battery saver mode and showed 0% - despite being plugged in via USB. After rebooting, the battery readings are back to normal.

Re-installing my apps now.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm using an old 16gb Class 2 SanDisk I had lying around. No glitches or any slowdown whatsoever on my 1520. You are formatting the SD card as FAT32 and not NTFS???
I did this first of all before putting it in the phone and then formatting it again via the phone.....

ScottGeek

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I've got the SanDisk Ultra 128GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS in my 1520- works flawless.

I saw a note on Amazon for this card:

In March 2014, SanDisk adjusted the video specification of the SanDisk Ultra microSDHC/microSDXC UHS-I cards. During the transition, there are SanDisk Ultra microSD products with both Class 10 video and UHS Speed Class 1 (U1) video ratings. All SanDisk Ultra products offer high-quality video recording performance and are compatible with the latest smartphones, tablets and cameras.

Maybe there's some older Ultra cards with issues? At any rate, I got this back in May... and I've not seen any issues...

~ScottGeek.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Why is nobody addressing the actual speeds of their memory cards?
From what I understand, class 10 memory card have 30MB/s, 45MB/s and 80MB/s.
And I would think thats a factor.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo