Hello,
    I have iTunes Match so virtually all of my music is DRM free so I am looking for the easiest way to transfer songs to my wife's 1520.
    Unfortunately my MacBook Pro is the only one that can run the newest Windows Phone transfer software from Microsoft and it's gotten poor reviews, seems it also wants to transfer my contacts, etc, so we'd like to see if there are other routes to accomplish just moving music to the phone.

I also have a Surface Pro 2 that I could use but again, want to avoid the contacts/synching with my data vs. hers.

Any tools you've used successfully or thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
    01-03-2014 09:22 AM
    Can't you get all the mp3 files in one folder and then use copy and paste into music folder on the phone instead of using the transfer software from MS? I did that on my 925. The only difference is that I have a Windows laptop.
    jamojamo likes this.
    01-03-2014 09:47 AM
    All you really need to do is to make sure the WP app on the Mac does not import photos and videos (contacts are not sync'd AFAIK) by unchecking the option once you first connect the phone (or afterwards in the device options) and the auto sync if you rather do it manually all the time or if you want to sync specific playlist, artists, etc.
    Once you do that, go to Music right under the phone name on the left hand side, and select what you want to sync on the right side, hit Sync and you are all set.
    jamojamo likes this.
    01-03-2014 10:56 AM
    Plug the phone into your Surface, but do not open the Windows Phone app. Just open the phone in Windows Explorer and you can copy them over to the phone.
    jamojamo likes this.
    01-03-2014 11:11 AM