Anyone with AT&T kind enough to unlock my Lumia 1520?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggyglint

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I would really appreciate it if someone here could unlock my Lumia 1520. If you are with AT&T I can provide you with my IMEI number. I'm in Canada and I would like to use it on my Rogers network. It's never been activated as I just received it in the mail.

Thanks! I can even send some money your way through PayPal! :smile:

ahmad12

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
at&t will ask for a receipt of purchase if the name of the buyer and account holder don't match they wont unlock that is a problem I ran in to my self. Actually the name of the buyer was the at&t account holder but the shipping address was mine and still they said no.
Anyway Anyone who is able to buy and unlock the phone I am welling to pay for the full price of the phone and more.

anon(5928073)

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
In essence, this should be possible. I have seen someone in the crackberry forums try this and they said that the phone needs to be registered under the account holder's name for at least 6months.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
In essence, this should be possible. I have seen someone in the crackberry forums try this and they said that the phone needs to be registered under the account holder's name for at least 6months.

This is true. I spoke with AT&T about my 1520 that I paid full price for, and they said that there is, indeed, a 6 month activation requirement.

Last edited:

ahmad12

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

at&t wants to complicate the process, this rule applies to handsets purchased with a contract or upgrade and Go phone. The way to go about this is simple but needs you to commit time to it. If I was an at&t customer it would have worked.
at&t customers with an account in good standing and can show they paid full price can do the following:

1: Go to https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...viceunlock%2Fclient%2Fen_US%2F&token=STFsfcHs input your IMEI # a message will pop saying Currently, this device cannot be unlocked. this step you may avoid if you want just so that you can tell at&t you tried.
2: Call at&t and ask to unlock the phone. They will state policy and more crap about we do not do this and can only been done online and you need the device active for 60 days. Respond your traveling overseas and ask them to start a case if they decline request a supervisor.
3: A case will be opened and they will ask you to email or fax your receipt ask for the email and fax and send it both ways.
4: Wait for the email a reply can take a week you might be lucky and get the code or a reason for denial
5: If denied go to AT&T Business Review in Atlanta, GA - Metro Atlanta, Athens and Northeast Georgia BBB and find the corporate phone number and call to complain. You may do this or just file the BBB complaint.
at&t will take your info and a rep will reach out same day fight it if you have paid full price it is your right.

ahmad12

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
This true. I spoke with AT&T about my 1520 that I paid full price for, and they said that there is, indeed, a 6 month activation requirement.

Do not believe them read this the policy stated on at&t site
General Eligibility Requirements for Unlocking All AT&T Mobile Devices
AT&T will unlock an AT&T Mobile Device under the following circumstances:
The person requesting the unlock must be one of the following:
a current AT&T customer a former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account The AT&T Mobile Device was designed for use on AT&T's network.The AT&T Mobile Device has been paid for in full. The AT&T Mobile Device has not been reported lost or stolen.

Customer-Specific Requirements
Postpaid Phones and Tablets with a Service Commitment: Account is in good standing (i.e., it has no past due amount or unpaid balance owed AT&T), and all contract obligations, including any Service Commitment, associated with the device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied. The Service Commitment associated with a given device may be satisfied in one of the following ways:
Fulfillment of the Service Commitment by expiration of any contractual term Upgrading to a new device under AT&T standard or early upgrade policies. Note: the customer must wait 14 days after the device upgrade has been completed to request an unlock of the previous device. Payment of any applicable Early Termination Fee

Postpaid Phones and Tablets with no Service Commitment: Account has been active for at least sixty days and is in good standing (i.e., it has no past due amount or unpaid balance owed AT&T).

Prepaid / GoPhones: Device has been active for at least 6 months.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Do not believe them read this the policy stated on at&t site
General Eligibility Requirements for Unlocking All AT&T Mobile Devices
AT&T will unlock an AT&T Mobile Device under the following circumstances:
The person requesting the unlock must be one of the following:
a current AT&T customer a former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account The AT&T Mobile Device was designed for use on AT&T's network.The AT&T Mobile Device has been paid for in full. The AT&T Mobile Device has not been reported lost or stolen.

Customer-Specific Requirements
Postpaid Phones and Tablets with a Service Commitment: Account is in good standing (i.e., it has no past due amount or unpaid balance owed AT&T), and all contract obligations, including any Service Commitment, associated with the device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied. The Service Commitment associated with a given device may be satisfied in one of the following ways:
Fulfillment of the Service Commitment by expiration of any contractual term Upgrading to a new device under AT&T standard or early upgrade policies. Note: the customer must wait 14 days after the device upgrade has been completed to request an unlock of the previous device. Payment of any applicable Early Termination Fee

Postpaid Phones and Tablets with no Service Commitment: Account has been active for at least sixty days and is in good standing (i.e., it has no past due amount or unpaid balance owed AT&T).

Prepaid / GoPhones: Device has been active for at least 6 months.

Good info. Thanks for sharing. I actually called the FCC about all of this. After speaking on the phone with AT&T, they told me I needed to go to an actual corporate store in order to have my phone unlocked. Get this...two reps at my local store told me that the federal government will not allow them to unlock phones anymore. I laughed and told them that that was ridiculous, but they didn't back down. So, I left and called the FCC. The FCC rep laughed and agreed with my assessment of the situation. After all was said and done, I filed a complaint with the FCC about their refusal to unlock my phone using the excuse that the feds were denying the process. We shall see what happens.

ahmad12

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Good info. Thanks for sharing. I actually called the FCC about all of this. After speaking on the phone with AT&T, they told me I needed to go to an actual corporate store in order to have my phone unlocked. Get this...two reps at my local store told me that the federal government will not allow them to unlock phones anymore. I laughed and told them that that was ridiculous, but they didn't back down. So, I left and called the FCC. The FCC rep laughed and agreed with my assessment of the situation. After all was said and done, I filed a complaint with the FCC about their refusal to unlock my phone using the excuse that the feds were denying the process. We shall see what happens.

Perfect what you've done here is open a door to help people in the future the more complaints the FCC receives about at&t it will flag it and hopefully at&t will make things easier.
You may also contact at&t corporate or file a BBB complaint too

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Perfect what you've done here is open a door to help people in the future the more complaints the FCC receives about at&t it will flag it and hopefully at&t will make things easier.
You may also contact at&t corporate or file a BBB complaint too

Well, I hope this will be the case. I'll post back when I get a concrete response. Thanks, again, for your knowledge on the subject.

Jerry Liu

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I think at&t should at least unlock it at a price like $100, or $200 for non-at&t customers, now we are completely stuck. I really really need to unlock it.

ahmad12

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I wish I would have known that. I just sold my other 1520 for 450.00 on Ebay. It wasn't unlocked, but for 800.00, I would have found a way to get it done. :) Have you tried Ebay? They have quite a few unlocked 1520s available.

Thank you but for now NO ONE can unlock but at&t and on eBay you'll only find the international one unlocked I want the at&t might even up my offer a little more as long it is white or black a yellow one is selling on eBay but that is all.

Teague Kelley

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you but for now NO ONE can unlock but at&t and on eBay you'll only find the international one unlocked I want the at&t might even up my offer a little more as long it is white or black a yellow one is selling on eBay but that is all.

lol buy the yellow one and I'll send you my black one. ;)

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Ti P

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
wp_ss_20140105_0001.jpg

I have a brand new White 1520 AT&T unlock. It's been used for 3 days. If you are willing to pay for $800, I'm happy to sell it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb