01-13-2014 07:38 AM
61 123
tools
    I would really appreciate it if someone here could unlock my Lumia 1520. If you are with AT&T I can provide you with my IMEI number. I'm in Canada and I would like to use it on my Rogers network. It's never been activated as I just received it in the mail.

Thanks! I can even send some money your way through PayPal!
    01-03-2014 10:13 PM
    at&t will ask for a receipt of purchase if the name of the buyer and account holder don't match they wont unlock that is a problem I ran in to my self. Actually the name of the buyer was the at&t account holder but the shipping address was mine and still they said no.
    Anyway Anyone who is able to buy and unlock the phone I am welling to pay for the full price of the phone and more.
    01-04-2014 08:26 PM
    In essence, this should be possible. I have seen someone in the crackberry forums try this and they said that the phone needs to be registered under the account holder's name for at least 6months.
    01-04-2014 08:33 PM
    In essence, this should be possible. I have seen someone in the crackberry forums try this and they said that the phone needs to be registered under the account holder's name for at least 6months.
    This is true. I spoke with AT&T about my 1520 that I paid full price for, and they said that there is, indeed, a 6 month activation requirement.
    Last edited by Scienceguy Labs; 01-04-2014 at 09:17 PM.
    01-04-2014 08:42 PM
    at&t wants to complicate the process, this rule applies to handsets purchased with a contract or upgrade and Go phone. The way to go about this is simple but needs you to commit time to it. If I was an at&t customer it would have worked.
    at&t customers with an account in good standing and can show they paid full price can do the following:

1: Go to https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/ input your IMEI # a message will pop saying Currently, this device cannot be unlocked. this step you may avoid if you want just so that you can tell at&t you tried.
    2: Call at&t and ask to unlock the phone. They will state policy and more crap about we do not do this and can only been done online and you need the device active for 60 days. Respond your traveling overseas and ask them to start a case if they decline request a supervisor.
    3: A case will be opened and they will ask you to email or fax your receipt ask for the email and fax and send it both ways.
    4: Wait for the email a reply can take a week you might be lucky and get the code or a reason for denial
    5: If denied go to AT&T Business Review in Atlanta, GA - Metro Atlanta, Athens and Northeast Georgia BBB and find the corporate phone number and call to complain. You may do this or just file the BBB complaint.
    at&t will take your info and a rep will reach out same day fight it if you have paid full price it is your right.
    01-04-2014 08:50 PM
    This true. I spoke with AT&T about my 1520 that I paid full price for, and they said that there is, indeed, a 6 month activation requirement.
    Do not believe them read this the policy stated on at&t site
    General Eligibility Requirements for Unlocking All AT&T Mobile Devices
    AT&T will unlock an AT&T Mobile Device under the following circumstances:
    The person requesting the unlock must be one of the following:
    a current AT&T customer a former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account The AT&T Mobile Device was designed for use on AT&T's network.The AT&T Mobile Device has been paid for in full. The AT&T Mobile Device has not been reported lost or stolen.

Customer-Specific Requirements
    Postpaid Phones and Tablets with a Service Commitment: Account is in good standing (i.e., it has no past due amount or unpaid balance owed AT&T), and all contract obligations, including any Service Commitment, associated with the device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied. The Service Commitment associated with a given device may be satisfied in one of the following ways:
    Fulfillment of the Service Commitment by expiration of any contractual term Upgrading to a new device under AT&T standard or early upgrade policies. Note: the customer must wait 14 days after the device upgrade has been completed to request an unlock of the previous device. Payment of any applicable Early Termination Fee

Postpaid Phones and Tablets with no Service Commitment: Account has been active for at least sixty days and is in good standing (i.e., it has no past due amount or unpaid balance owed AT&T).

Prepaid / GoPhones: Device has been active for at least 6 months.
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    01-04-2014 08:52 PM
    Do not believe them read this the policy stated on at&t site
    General Eligibility Requirements for Unlocking All AT&T Mobile Devices
    AT&T will unlock an AT&T Mobile Device under the following circumstances:
    The person requesting the unlock must be one of the following:
    a current AT&T customer a former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account The AT&T Mobile Device was designed for use on AT&T's network.The AT&T Mobile Device has been paid for in full. The AT&T Mobile Device has not been reported lost or stolen.

Customer-Specific Requirements
    Postpaid Phones and Tablets with a Service Commitment: Account is in good standing (i.e., it has no past due amount or unpaid balance owed AT&T), and all contract obligations, including any Service Commitment, associated with the device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied. The Service Commitment associated with a given device may be satisfied in one of the following ways:
    Fulfillment of the Service Commitment by expiration of any contractual term Upgrading to a new device under AT&T standard or early upgrade policies. Note: the customer must wait 14 days after the device upgrade has been completed to request an unlock of the previous device. Payment of any applicable Early Termination Fee

Postpaid Phones and Tablets with no Service Commitment: Account has been active for at least sixty days and is in good standing (i.e., it has no past due amount or unpaid balance owed AT&T).

Prepaid / GoPhones: Device has been active for at least 6 months.
    Good info. Thanks for sharing. I actually called the FCC about all of this. After speaking on the phone with AT&T, they told me I needed to go to an actual corporate store in order to have my phone unlocked. Get this...two reps at my local store told me that the federal government will not allow them to unlock phones anymore. I laughed and told them that that was ridiculous, but they didn't back down. So, I left and called the FCC. The FCC rep laughed and agreed with my assessment of the situation. After all was said and done, I filed a complaint with the FCC about their refusal to unlock my phone using the excuse that the feds were denying the process. We shall see what happens.
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-04-2014 09:23 PM
    Good info. Thanks for sharing. I actually called the FCC about all of this. After speaking on the phone with AT&T, they told me I needed to go to an actual corporate store in order to have my phone unlocked. Get this...two reps at my local store told me that the federal government will not allow them to unlock phones anymore. I laughed and told them that that was ridiculous, but they didn't back down. So, I left and called the FCC. The FCC rep laughed and agreed with my assessment of the situation. After all was said and done, I filed a complaint with the FCC about their refusal to unlock my phone using the excuse that the feds were denying the process. We shall see what happens.
    Perfect what you've done here is open a door to help people in the future the more complaints the FCC receives about at&t it will flag it and hopefully at&t will make things easier.
    You may also contact at&t corporate or file a BBB complaint too
    01-04-2014 09:26 PM
    Perfect what you've done here is open a door to help people in the future the more complaints the FCC receives about at&t it will flag it and hopefully at&t will make things easier.
    You may also contact at&t corporate or file a BBB complaint too
    Well, I hope this will be the case. I'll post back when I get a concrete response. Thanks, again, for your knowledge on the subject.
    01-04-2014 10:04 PM
    I think at&t should at least unlock it at a price like $100, or $200 for non-at&t customers, now we are completely stuck. I really really need to unlock it.
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    01-04-2014 11:11 PM
    I am welling to pay $800 for an unlocked one
    01-04-2014 11:14 PM
    I am welling to pay $800 for an unlocked one
    I wish I would have known that. I just sold my other 1520 for 450.00 on Ebay. It wasn't unlocked, but for 800.00, I would have found a way to get it done. :) Have you tried Ebay? They have quite a few unlocked 1520s available.
    01-04-2014 11:57 PM
    I wish I would have known that. I just sold my other 1520 for 450.00 on Ebay. It wasn't unlocked, but for 800.00, I would have found a way to get it done. :) Have you tried Ebay? They have quite a few unlocked 1520s available.
    Thank you but for now NO ONE can unlock but at&t and on eBay you'll only find the international one unlocked I want the at&t might even up my offer a little more as long it is white or black a yellow one is selling on eBay but that is all.
    01-05-2014 12:19 AM
    Thank you but for now NO ONE can unlock but at&t and on eBay you'll only find the international one unlocked I want the at&t might even up my offer a little more as long it is white or black a yellow one is selling on eBay but that is all.

lol buy the yellow one and I'll send you my black one. ;)

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    01-05-2014 03:48 AM
    wp_ss_20140105_0001.jpg

I have a brand new White 1520 AT&T unlock. It's been used for 3 days. If you are willing to pay for $800, I'm happy to sell it
    01-05-2014 04:17 AM

Is yours at&t unlocked?
    01-05-2014 01:41 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20140105_0001.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	230.4 KB 
ID:	53700

I have a brand new White 1520 AT&T unlock. It's been used for 3 days. If you are willing to pay for $800, I'm happy to sell it
    Yes I am as long as it is the at&t one unlocked I'll PM you my cell #
    01-05-2014 01:42 PM
    It is 100% AT&T. Let me know if you are interesting. It runs with T-mobile LTE speed
    01-05-2014 02:06 PM
    It is 100% AT&T. Let me know if you are interesting. It runs with T-mobile LTE speed
    I sent you a PM with my number call me please.
    01-05-2014 02:14 PM
    01-05-2014 04:33 PM
    But still I could not unlock

Have a nice and beautiful black phone going on sale next month....
    Big disappointment for me,always trying to buy -the new one -,
    Funny thing , I myself unlocked this 1020 from ATT that I'm texting right now....only one phone call....
    01-05-2014 06:15 PM
    But still I could not unlock

Have a nice and beautiful black phone going on sale next month....
    Big disappointment for me,always trying to buy -the new one -,
    Funny thing , I myself unlocked this 1020 from ATT that I'm texting right now....only one phone call....
    Read my post # 5 and steps to unlock and if you did follow them or did not let us know what happened with you
    01-05-2014 06:23 PM

if he says no, can I swap with you then? I've got yellow.

thanks.
    Last edited by ike2000; 01-05-2014 at 07:09 PM. Reason: quote no showing
    01-05-2014 07:04 PM
    Teague Kelley and ike2000 any of you actually has the at&t 1520 unlocked? I am getting a little confused here.
    01-05-2014 07:20 PM
    The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the major US phone carriers, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular and Verizon Wireless, members of the CITA Wireless Association, announced six new principles to make it easier for users to unlock their cell phones) and other 3G/4G equipped devices.
    Here are the new unlocking principles (PDF Link http://www.ctia.org/docs/default-sou...-unlocking.pdf). They will start taking effect in the next three months and will be fully in place within 12 months.
    Dated December 13, 2013

1) Disclosure: Each carrier must post on its Website a clear policy on how and when pre- and post-paid wireless devices can be unlocked.

2) Postpaid Unlocking Policy: Carriers must either unlock devices or provide users with the information they need to unlock them after their contract has been fulfilled.

3) Prepaid Unlocking Policy: If you ask a carrier, they will unlock prepaid devices no later than a year after their initial activation, provided that you've met the payment, time, and usage requirements.

4) Customer Notice: Carriers that lock devices must notify users when their devices are eligible to be unlocked without an additional fee.

5) Response Time: Carriers must unlock eligible devices, or initiate an OEM request to unlock it, within two business days of a customer's request.

6) Deployed Military Personnel Unlocking: If you're deployed in the military, carriers must unlock the devices as your request if you're a customer in good standing.
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-05-2014 07:27 PM
61 123