Confirmed way to make tethering work on 1520 RM-937

jtanigawa

May 13, 2013
Visit site
So it seems T-mobile has stepped up their tethering tracking, before I could just set my browser's user agent to Googlebot and tether forever, now it has stopped me from tethering after using my 2.5 gb allotment. Does anyone have any workaround for this, I would really appreciate it as my phone connection is my only source of reasonably fast internet. Thanks

ffeliciano

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm able to enable internet sharing with the Spanish keyboard hack. However, when I try to connect to the hotspot, it directs me to a Tmobile log-in. Anybody else has that problem?

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
The keyboard trick worked for me on WP8 with my 1520 and ATT tethering plan and worked through the update to 8.1 but doesn't work anymore now that I've done a hard reset, will have to find a "foreign" nano sim

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I'll lose this if don't write here :)) will check this one too for tmobile. The other trick doesn't help me anymore

Update. This is amazing. I just updated the Nokia settings apps and they seem to fix my Sharing. I didnt even try trick above))

Jimmy Walker1

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
How did you do a settings update
I'll lose this if don't write here :)) will check this one too for tmobile. The other trick doesn't help me anymore

Update. This is amazing. I just updated the Nokia settings apps and they seem to fix my Sharing. I didnt even try trick above))

michaelkriss

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I bought a 1520 and used my Cricket SIM and I couldn't get internet sharing to work but I could see it in the setting menu. After doing the official upgrade to 8.1 there is not even an option there to start internet sharing. Does anyone have any ideas?

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I bought a 1520 and used my Cricket SIM and I couldn't get internet sharing to work but I could see it in the setting menu. After doing the official upgrade to 8.1 there is not even an option there to start internet sharing. Does anyone have any ideas?

I had the same thing happening to me with Cricket as well (had the sim card since they were AIO). Unfortunately it looks like Cyan actually completely hides the option if your plan does not include Internet Sharing Which Cricket does not officially.

I switched to AT&T (GoPhone) which does include Internet sharing and now the option is there and I haven't had any issues. It works correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss