Confirmed way to make tethering work on 1520 RM-937

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to Sonus for PM'ing me the details, enabling tethering with the RM-937 (and possibly RM-940) is a piece of cake, at least on straight talk but it may work for AT&T as well. Here's the original thread: xda-developers - View Single Post - Lumia 920 Amber Update via Rogers Dev ROM

I did things a bit differently in this order:

1. Download Spanish (Spain) keyboard and postpone installation
  2. Switch region to Spain
  3. Attempt to enable internet sharing
  4. After getting 611 error, install Spanish keyboard and reboot
  5. Upon reboot, switch region back to United States
  6. Now turn on internet sharing and it will work

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140103_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140103_0001.png
    161.2 KB · Views: 20

5150 Joker

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Here's the Lumia 1520 with a device connected to it.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140103_0002.png
    wp_ss_20140103_0002.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

lcjarvis

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure since I'm using att and this phone is unlocked you shouldn't have any issues my data plan includes tethering

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

William Velez1

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi All - I have an unlocked 1520 with a T-Mobile SIM. I have tried the above steps just to see if this will enable internet sharing but NO luck... I thought I saw another thread here with someone with the same issue but I cannot seem to find it....I keep getting an error "Connection not shared....Internet sharing isnt currently available" I also got an error downloading the Dictionary for the Spanish Keyboard.

Any help?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

lcjarvis

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Use WiFi to download the Spanish keyboard and in my case att had to think my phone was an lte device but it works

Sent from my Nokia Black using Tapatalk

pholad

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Internet sharing issues and Nokia 's Access point issue
I purchased NOKIA Lumia 1520 and using it with Bell mobility (Canada)
When I first downloaded the Access point it worked and as soon as I updated the SETTING (network +) it stopped working and that happens when new keyboard or any other sitting related apps is updated and there is no way to un install the access point in order to install it again to fix the issue, which it does fix the internet sharing issues and I have done it by hard resetting THE PHONE WHICH IS A BIG HEADACHE

Now to all those have internet tethering issue please follow these instructions to fix the issue Instructions :
1- Take out your sim card and turn the phone off
2 - put a new sim. Card from a different phone services provider.
3- turn the phone on and go the phone setting and open the Access Point, as soon as you open it you see the new sim card is active.
4- Restart your phone and take out the sim card and turn the phone off
And remove the sim card and Now put your sim card and turn on your phone and gain go to the Setting and open the Access Point then you will see your sim card is active.
5- Restart your phone and enjoy your Internet tethering.
REMEMBER!!!!!!
If The next SETTING Update ruins it then you can follow the instructions again and it will fix it again .

Blacklizted

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to Sonus for PM'ing me the details, enabling tethering with the RM-937 (and possibly RM-940) is a piece of cake, at least on straight talk but it may work for AT&T as well. Here's the original thread: xda-developers - View Single Post - Lumia 920 Amber Update via Rogers Dev ROM

I did things a bit differently in this order:

1. Download Spanish (Spain) keyboard and postpone installation
  2. Switch region to Spain
  3. Attempt to enable internet sharing
  4. After getting 611 error, install Spanish keyboard and reboot
  5. Upon reboot, switch region back to United States
  6. Now turn on internet sharing and it will work

Hmm... I can't seem to connect to your wifi. Did you change your password? :)

Khang Ngo2

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Can you tell me how to delete the Spain keyboard and start over in redownloading it? I'm thinking I may need to reset the phone again to get it to redownload the keyboard for Spain.

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Mine it was not working. And suddenly from Saturday it works. Not sure what I have done right. Only the last thing I remember, I had installed English UK keyboard on Friday. And on Saturday some customers had a network problem include myself. Not able to make or receive calls. When the problem solved, I test internet sharing and it works. So not sure what solved my problem.

Sent from my RM-937_im_mea3_1019 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel