06-03-2014 08:05 AM
30 12
tools
    I've had this phone for three days now...and so far twice when I unlocked it...the lock screen was all weird. It was like high contrast or the colors were inverted? I tried to take a screen shot the second time, but it corrected itself before I could get the screen shot off.

Anyone else have or had this issue? Something to be concerned about?

Also, not so disturbing...Bing Weather "background image" on my lock screen looks pixelated. Not a very crystal clear weather image....could this be because it's not updated to fit our crazy huge screens?
    01-05-2014 03:25 PM
    The high contrast image is from auto brightness over adjusting for the amount of light the sensor is exposed to.

The weather image resolution could be better and probably isn't optimized for the 1520 resolution.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk
    01-05-2014 03:31 PM
    I've had neither issue...not sure about the Bing though as my image is of blinding snow right now...
    01-05-2014 03:31 PM
    I've had this phone for three days now...and so far twice when I unlocked it...the lock screen was all weird. It was like high contrast or the colors were inverted? I tried to take a screen shot the second time, but it corrected itself before I could get the screen shot off.
    YES ! Thank God there is another person with this issue. This colors inverted screen after unlock sometimes happens to my Lumia 820. It started happening after I got GDR3 from the developers preview. I'm almost always taken by surprise when it happens and so I always forget to take a picture.
    01-05-2014 03:46 PM
    I've had this phone for three days now...and so far twice when I unlocked it...the lock screen was all weird. It was like high contrast or the colors were inverted?
    Might it be Nokia's sunlight readability setting, which makes dark text bright when it detects very bright environments? Try turning it off in Settings -> display -> Sunlight readability and see if it makes a difference...
    01-05-2014 03:56 PM
    there was another thread on this so I'll just try to paraphrase my take.

the following is pure conjecture:
    I believe the contrast weirdness comes from Glance. Every now and then I see the same high contrast weirdness upon turning my phone on, only to be corrected a second later.
    I think it just comes from the high contrast mode of glance carrying over to the lock screen etc for a little bit.
    irvin792 likes this.
    01-05-2014 04:47 PM
    I too had the inverted colors but it corrects itself after just a moment. It happens maybe once or twice a week.
    Rawliglat x likes this.
    01-05-2014 08:00 PM
    It's happened once or twice to me. Turning the display off and on again fixes it. I'm pretty sure it's Glance putting the LCD into a low bpp mode to save power, and forgetting to clear that mode sometimes on wake.
    xandros9 and chuckdaly like this.
    01-05-2014 11:14 PM
    Has happened to my 1520 a few times. Thought it might of been a defective screen. Has not happened in a while. Was wondering if I was the only one experiencing this.
    01-05-2014 11:38 PM
    Happened to me also 3 times or more, I thinks it is a software/drivers problem... Maybe someone should make a thread for this issue on the nokia official site so maybe we will receive a response from them...
    01-06-2014 04:22 AM
    is this close?
    http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Noki...h/td-p/2288691
    I am on my second 1520 now after my first one developed a hairline crack.
    I just took it out of my Belkin folio from which I have to snap it out of and saw my home screen look like all the colors of the rainbow.
    It was like a color negative.
    The screen of the Lumia became completely covered with bright yellows, reds and greens. (Kinda like a bad day in Fresh Paint App.)
    It quickly recovered and went back to normal though.
    I blamed it on having put some pressure on the phone to remove it from the case.
    Perhaps it was the brightness setting however, not recovering from having the folio shut.
    Maybe it goes with accidentally hitting the volume keys, power button and camera key all simultaneously?
    01-06-2014 06:33 PM
    The high contrast image is from auto brightness over adjusting for the amount of light the sensor is exposed to.

The weather image resolution could be better and probably isn't optimized for the 1520 resolution.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk
    Even the Samsung ATIV S receives fuzzy pictures for bing weather.
    01-07-2014 09:09 AM
    My phone suffer alot from these graphical glitches. It's really strange. And it started happening only when I've updated to GDR3 using Dev Preview.
    colinkiama likes this.
    01-07-2014 09:40 AM
    I've seen something similar on a relative's 1520 once. The colors were all messed up but not only that it seemed like with was really low bit color. The picture was made up of only a few colors. The image was posterized.
    01-07-2014 12:06 PM
    your first issue happens to me :) I think it has something to do with glance since i have received my replacement Lumia 1520, i dont have glance set up on it and i haven't seen the glitchy weird colors and what not.
    01-07-2014 08:57 PM
    I have the same issue.. Have seen it happen twice. On the first occasion my red tiles turned blue. Second time, the screen went extremely dark with only the really bright elements visible. Both times the issue persisted for less than 3-4 seconds and the simple act of hitting the screen lock button made it disappear.
    all I want to figure out is if I should get my device checked/changed.. Any ideas?
    02-03-2014 06:33 PM
    I have had this "black" screen problem once and I thought that my phone was cracked but pressing screen lock button a few times restored the original screen lock image (a picture in my SD card). Thanks God...
    02-04-2014 01:43 AM

Anyone else have or had this issue? Something to be concerned about?

Also, not so disturbing...Bing Weather "background image" on my lock screen looks pixelated. Not a very crystal clear weather image....could this be because it's not updated to fit our crazy huge screens?
    I have the same problem .. but just in two times.. then no more problems occurs ..
    02-05-2014 08:48 AM
    Turn off sunlight mode.
    02-05-2014 08:59 AM
    Walking today to my job... I saw my Phone and have the same problem. and when I got in the building the problem just go off. So this problem is related with the light. This smartphone try to "fix" all the colors with the environment. Try to recreate my scenario, and you are going to understand what I'm talking about.
    02-06-2014 08:56 AM
    Sign. Read the responses. This behavior is normal if sunlight readability is enabled.
    crgsibaja and sd173 like this.
    02-06-2014 09:05 AM
    I used to have the inverted colors issue until I turned sunlight readability off. It hasn't been a problem since and I still use glance.
    02-06-2014 01:35 PM
    Arghh, why these people doesn't read the respond, its the "display->sunlight visibility" off.
    mozman68 and sd173 like this.
    02-08-2014 04:26 AM
    Arghh, why these people doesn't read the respond, its the "display->sunlight visibility" off.
    People are generally pretty stupid and lazy....
    Christopher Lindsay and sd173 like this.
    02-08-2014 07:22 AM
    my phone has got inverted colours and i have no clue how to fix it, i reset my phone which did nothing. HELP ME PLESE
    06-01-2014 02:58 PM
30 12