Lumia 1520 Philippine user experience...

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
If the unit is from Nokia Glorietta, then it must have the proper LTE bands. Your finding is interesting, and alarming!

ps.

Unless, the 920/925 has more LTE bands supported than that of the 1520?

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If the unit is from Nokia Glorietta, then it must have the proper LTE bands. Your finding is interesting, and alarming!

ps.

Unless, the 920/925 has more LTE bands supported than that of the 1520?

The bands for the 1520 are compatible with smart. And yes, since it's an official unit, it should work as they shouldn't be releasing models not compatible with the local network. In any case I'm interested on what the outcome of my report is going to be. They just called me up now to give feedback on my call yesterday. I'm actually impressed that it took such a short time for them to do so and that I don't need to follow up within the week. Normally other companies wouldn't even bother doing that and let the customer be the one to initiate follow ups. They said I'm not the only one who made a report on it so their back end is working out on possible solutions for it. I'd say it's a canned response but the fact they called within less than 24 hours mean there is hope. I'm looking forward to what would happen next.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
The bands for the 1520 are compatible with smart. And yes, since it's an official unit, it should work as they shouldn't be releasing models not compatible with the local network. In any case I'm interested on what the outcome of my report is going to be. They just called me up now to give feedback on my call yesterday. I'm actually impressed that it took such a short time for them to do so and that I don't need to follow up within the week. Normally other companies wouldn't even bother doing that and let the customer be the one to initiate follow ups. They said I'm not the only one who made a report on it so their back end is working out on possible solutions for it. I'd say it's a canned response but the fact they called within less than 24 hours mean there is hope. I'm looking forward to what would happen next.
Keep those updates coming. I'll wait 'till 15th(leaked launching of lumia ICON) before finaly deciding whether I should proceed with my purchase.

Rynz08

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
No problem with my Globe LTE. Connection never drops to H or H+ whenever I'm in an area with LTE.

Did you tweak any settings regarding the data connection? I recently got my 1520 in SM North Edsa and tied it up with Plan 999 of Globe. The highest connection I can get is only H+ even here in Makati CBD. Is it the sim that has the problem or the phone?? Thanks for your reply. :)

jomargon

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Did you tweak any settings regarding the data connection? I recently got my 1520 in SM North Edsa and tied it up with Plan 999 of Globe. The highest connection I can get is only H+ even here in Makati CBD. Is it the sim that has the problem or the phone?? Thanks for your reply. :)

Nope. I didn't change anything. I'm in Makati (Greenbelt area) as well and connection stays at 4G. My guess is either your sim is not LTE enabled or your LTE is not activated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Keep those updates coming. I'll wait 'till 15th(leaked launching of lumia ICON) before finaly deciding whether I should proceed with my purchase.

no findings yet but the person handling my case is true to his word and calls from time to time to check on any other issue and tells me the progress with how my concern is going. He did mention though that for those experiencing the touch screen to be too sensitive, there's a patch coming but no eta yet

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
no findings yet but the person handling my case is true to his word and calls from time to time to check on any other issue and tells me the progress with how my concern is going. He did mention though that for those experiencing the touch screen to be too sensitive, there's a patch coming but no eta yet

the latest etras+info update is believed to resolved the issue..haven't you encountered random reboots so far? I still have 'till friday to decide

nels76

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Got a black Lumia 1520 from Nokia Buena. Gave it to my wife to replace her 720 as I already have 1020.

So, it also does what 1020 and other Nokia WPs can do (except of course for the low end variant).

Sana meron stylus support and multi-window just like the Galaxy Note series.

Nothing ground breaking that will set it apart sa 1020, 925, and 920. etc.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
the latest etras+info update is believed to resolved the issue..haven't you encountered random reboots so far? I still have 'till friday to decide

no random reboots for me. A lot mentioned that the extras and info update didn't really solve their issues. Perhaps an actual patch will be given. I'm just guessing though. I had some of the too sensitive touch screen response but it's very minimal and doesn't happen daily

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Good to hear that there are no random reboots. Now I am waiting for my case to arrive before getting one. Di you guys asked how will be the repair/support after the MS acquisition.
no random reboots for me. A lot mentioned that the extras and info update didn't really solve their issues. Perhaps an actual patch will be given. I'm just guessing though. I had some of the too sensitive touch screen response but it's very minimal and doesn't happen daily

mics_kiss18

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I am selling cases and screen protector for Nokia Lumia 1520 and other Lumia phones. I have Amzer and Nillkin for now. You can check WPCentral for the review of the Nillkin and Amzer cases. Also, I have Poetic Clearcase for Nokia Lumia 1020. The review is also available via WPCentral. Please email me if you are interested mics_kiss18@live.com. My IG account should be ready soon as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss