Lumia 1520 Philippine user experience...

Rynz08

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
same offer on memoxpress-megamall, ₱35,590 for installment without the plan. If you have an HSBC card you can avail 0% interest up to 36mos.
Is yellow available in sm-north annex?
Yup. All colors are available. But i don't know if they have enough stocks as of this date.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Good..Just received my Pu Leather Case today!

http://sdrv.ms/1dWo62x

I have a spare one which I am willing to sell if anyone is interested, though packaging is not good as when I opened the mail it was as it is. They were just inside a zip-lock plastic as shown above.

Yup. All colors are available. But i don't know if they have enough stocks as of this date.

Last edited:

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I have already purchased a red unit last night at SM-Annex North-EDSA. My preferred color is yellow but the store clerk says they had never had it since launch.
The day before I have reserved for black but another guy wanted it badly so I let them sell it to him as I want 1520 reach more users. Sadly red is the only stock they have now and the the sales rep was saying they don't know when next batch will be coming.

The only problem I have so far is the glossy finish which is fingerprint magnet. Below are my observations this morning from my way to office:
-I was on a bluetooth headset(BH-111) listening to music while playing DH4 while traveling along EDSA. While in the middle of the game I paused the music to feel the game sounds. I observed that everytime the game voice or cinematics lapsed music starts playing. I used the stop the music feature on the Insider Pro app and resumed with my game. After finishing a quest with cinematics music played again..weird, praying that it is a problem with the app.
-I spotted the 4G signal when we reached Ortigas (I forgot to check this while we are along EDSA), luckily our office is on a building with globe LTE Transmitters installed.
-Insider Pro would not change/use black background on live tile.
-Checking my battery status, plugged by 10:11am@7% by 11:29 it is already at 90%.

I will be playing with my device again later (got lot of work to do now) then will be posting here again maybe tomorrow.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
what is topped charging..? Is it by keeping or leaving the device plugged for an extended time after the battery meter passed full? not yet.. I'll try that later. I've been doing that method on my l720.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys..how long will your battery last for straight heavy gaming(DH4, Asphalt8, AgryBirdsGO!)?Mine would not last 5 hours and would get hot and why is my L720 suddenly becomes so small in less than a week?lol
Aren't all 1520s have a free copy/download of Spartan Assault?

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
How much did u buy the L1520? I love that phone but it's kinda big for me I guess.

it's ₱35,590 on installment. ₱29,990 for cash as far as I can recall. yup...it's huge, give it a week use then everything that comes under 6inch would feel like a toy. You will even amazed yourself how you managed to use phones on smaller size.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Keep those updates coming. I'll wait 'till 15th(leaked launching of lumia ICON) before finaly deciding whether I should proceed with my purchase.

update: i'm getting a new unit. nokia is replacing the one i have with problematic lte signal. i'm just waiting for the date when they will release it.

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
It's Php 30,590 when i bought it. If credit card and tied to Plan999 of globe, it's 28530 I think. My monthly payment will be Php 1,188.75 for the phone, plus 999 for the plan spread to 24 months. It's more expensive compared to the phones officially offered by Globe as the device is not subsidized.

Uhm sorry for asking, but how do we do this Step by Step? Will the store already know about this if I inquire?

Ano ngang strore ulit? hehe

TIA.

Rynz08

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Uhm sorry for asking, but how do we do this Step by Step? Will the store already know about this if I inquire?

Ano ngang strore ulit? hehe

TIA.

Nokia store in SM North Edsa. Just ask a sales rep, they already know it. If you'll buy using credit card, only 2 Valid IDs are the requirements.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my replacement unit. NCC is a bit slow in the process but it's all worth it. Never had to surrender my unit and they even sent me a loaner unit for testing and comparison. The replacement unit does get better signal reception for data unlike my previous one. Quite happy again although I was still happy with the original unit except for the data issue. I was finally able to install my full body skin as I couldn't do that before due to waiting for the outcome of the investigation on my issue with the unit. All in all good experience with going to the actual center. Fast and friendly. They also mentioned opening again a NCC at sm north within the year.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my replacement unit. NCC is a bit slow in the process but it's all worth it. Never had to surrender my unit and they even sent me a loaner unit for testing and comparison. The replacement unit does get better signal reception for data unlike my previous one. Quite happy again although I was still happy with the original unit except for the data issue. I was finally able to install my full body skin as I couldn't do that before due to waiting for the outcome of the investigation on my issue with the unit. All in all good experience with going to the actual center. Fast and friendly. They also mentioned opening again a NCC at sm north within the year.
what color do you have? Post your experience with your replacement device. it's been two weeks now and still no random reboots.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
what color do you have? Post your experience with your replacement device. it's been two weeks now and still no random reboots.

I have the black one. The replacement is also black since I made sure it's what I'll be getting. So far so good as my data connection is better although I've to admit I think the 925 had quicker lte reception. I haven't had any touch response issue either. No reboots now or with the old unit

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the black one. The replacement is also black since I made sure it's what I'll be getting. So far so good as my data connection is better although I've to admit I think the 925 had quicker lte reception. I haven't had any touch response issue either. No reboots now or with the old unit

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
good to hear that. are you using a case with it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05