Lumia 1520 Philippine user experience...

Willy Yu

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
am on WP8.1 official, thinking if to go for Dev update 1 for new functionalities, but have 2nd thought,
should I go for it or just wait for official release?

MATRIX RELOADED

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
am on WP8.1 official, thinking if to go for Dev update 1 for new functionalities, but have 2nd thought,

Honestly for me, I don't see any compelling reason to jump to the DP update. I'm playing with the update 1 on my L620 and aside from the live folders, there's nothing really exciting about this update at least for me. So my L1520 may wait for the official Update 1 release and let my L1520 savor WP8.1 with cyan for the time being. Though I suggest you read the additional functions brought about by the Update1 DP, as you may find something that you want your phone to have now.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

If not with the bitlocker issue, I would suggest to go ahead. As for me...still crossing my fingers for the fix in order to get CYAN.
I have felt comfortable with MS preview software's the moment I have tried one, Win8 preview.

JessPH

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Bought this phone a week ago. Couldn't be any happier about its big screen, features and power. However, the phantom taps problem is quite annoying.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Bought this phone a week ago. Couldn't be any happier about its big screen, features and power. However, the phantom taps problem is quite annoying.
Update to 8.1 if you haven't than so and turn off ultra sensitive touch it is ON by default

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Already set touch sensitivity to NORMAL and there are still phantom taps.

Is your device running CYAN? Upgrade to the latest OS and firmware(CYAN). When I upgraded to 8.1 via DP, which is more or les a month after first unboxing phantom taps is almost zero or maybe its just that my fingers already adopted to the screen sensitivity.

JessPH

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Is your device running CYAN? Upgrade to the latest OS and firmware(CYAN). When I upgraded to 8.1 via DP, which is more or les a month after first unboxing phantom taps is almost zero or maybe its just that my fingers already adopted to the screen sensitivity.
what's DP?

Yes, my device is already running cyan.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
what's DP?

Yes, my device is already running cyan.

DP is Developer Preview. Did it came with CYAN out of the box? From where did you purchased it?You could have made an exchange.
Here in PH I only purchase electronics at a physical store so I can perform a physical and initial test before walking out with the item or device. We only have a 7-day exchange policy so I do a stress test for 5 to 6 days while trying to find some manufacturing defects so I can exchange it within the period.

JessPH

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Purchased from Abenson. It was on Windows 8.0. I updated it to CYAN thru OTA. I didn't return it because I'm afraid that the replacement will have the same problem too. A lot of 1520 users have exchanged their devices (only to be replaced with new ones that suffer from oversensitivity too).

aveese

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
still no force 3g/4g option???
I can't use 1520 with my globe postpaid because it's stuck at 2g!!!
I use an android to force globe to use 3g!!!
This sucks!!!
Any options???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234