Lumia 1520 Philippine user experience...

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
still no force 3g/4g option???
I can't use 1520 with my globe postpaid because it's stuck at 2g!!!
I use an android to force globe to use 3g!!!
This sucks!!!
Any options???

You can only set it to highest connection which is I think the best one. What will happen if you force 4G or 3G then you entered an area where there is no 3G/4G network coverage?You may end up not getting an important call. Majority of carries worldwide don't offer calls over 4G so there is no point sticking to it not unless you don't use call feature on your phone.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Purchased from Abenson. It was on Windows 8.0. I updated it to CYAN thru OTA. I didn't return it because I'm afraid that the replacement will have the same problem too. A lot of 1520 users have exchanged their devices (only to be replaced with new ones that suffer from oversensitivity too).

It is wiser to have an exchange rather than sticking to a faulty one which will leave you cursing the shop or MS/Nokia later on. It is your money you deserve a fully working one.

aveese

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
A one bar lte signal is better than a full bar edge signal!!! What I need is an option!!! All my past phones had this feature and I heard windows phone had this feature before in their Taiwan rom!!! Is it that hard to implement???

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
A one bar lte signal is better than a full bar edge signal!!! What I need is an option!!! All my past phones had this feature and I heard windows phone had this feature before in their Taiwan rom!!! Is it that hard to implement???
WP don't have that feature implemented yet it could be Winmo. 1 bar LTE wouldn't load a webpage on mine and if I will select 3G as highest connection pages will load (E is displaying on the signal indicator). We have poor LTE signal at home so I normaly switch to 3G as fastest connection when I reach home and will use mobile data.

uzeroni

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Just upgrade to Denim using the Finland ROM! I've been using it since December, and there's no signal loss issues (unlike the EUR rom I installed a year back with Globe) or anything like that! Battery still is great, less "phantom touches" (could be me) and a REALLY fast camera is actually worth it. I didn't even lose anything, to be frank. The OIS shake is still there, but it settles after 5-ish seconds?

mlj58

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I have a few questions for you who use 1520 in the Philippines. I am sending my friend the US version of the Lumia 1520 which I know is slightly different than the international version. I believe it is missing some of the 4g bands radio bands that Smart uses. Anyone there use this version of the 1520, and if so are you able to get 4g or 4g LTE signals on Smart? Phone will be used in Metro Manila. Also anyone able to use Cortana there by setting your region to USA and keeping the language as english?

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't really have the exact answer to your question my good sir.

But I use a Verizon Nokia Lumia 822 as my daily driver.
I am not able to get LTE with it due to different bands but I can get H+ with it.

swingmanryan

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I messaged Microsoft PH asking when denim will come to us and all I got from them was

"There's no exact date yet. But the roll-out is gradual, so it will happen over a period of time. It shouldn't be too far away now."

More more wait pa guys.

makona23

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Effed up, 1520 still don't have Denim and it's already March. What a flagship.

I feel you bro. I am thinking of getting android one instead because roll out is very slow here in philippines. they said end of Q4 2014 now its almost end of Q1 2015 still no update . 😒

nukesheart1520

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Basag ang Screen ng 1520 ko..san po kayo may alam na nagpapagawa (na hindi sa service center, sinisingil ako P14000 daw repair, adik lang haha) T_T

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
^ Grabe, I'm sorry to hear about the fate of your phone bro.

If you can't find someone who can repair it for cheap you can try the DIY route, there are vidz in youtube that could serve as a guide.

If not, then try checking sulit.com.ph a second hand unit can be had for about 12k

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb