Sleek cases?

Roman Smith

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
So I looked into cases for this phone, and got a very well-reviewed case on Amazon (tudia), but it peels off my screen protector. I tried to get the amzer one, but it's currently out of stock on amazon prime. Basically I'm looking for a sleek, well-designed case that won't make my screen protector peel off - what ones have you guys used?

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So I looked into cases for this phone, and got a very well-reviewed case on Amazon (tudia), but it peels off my screen protector. I tried to get the amzer one, but it's currently out of stock on amazon prime. Basically I'm looking for a sleek, well-designed case that won't make my screen protector peel off - what ones have you guys used?

I dont have it but Ive seen alot of users recommend these:

Ultra Thin Snap-On Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 | Incipio feather | Incipio
Impact Resistant Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 | Incipio NGP | Incipio

Dwight Kuhl

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Amzer all the way... Couldn't be happier.... Just wait till they come back into stock.... I would check amazon too (if you haven't already)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Been researching cases as well. I kill my phones by dropping them- 2 of my last 4 have recieved untimely damage due to my inability to believe in gravity. Let us know what you decide on and how it works.

tonybessette

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I have this case - Amazon.com: AceAbove Nokia Lumia 1520 Slim Clear Back Case with Bumper / Cover for Nokia 1520 - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's sleek, keeps the phones "naked" look....and you can't beat the feel of it, way more grip..without it being a lint magnet. NO lint or dust attracted to it. Has a small but nice lip over the screen face, so you can lay down the 1520 and the screen will not touch the table top. Protective lip on the camera too, so it'll never be touched again either.

...and it is beautifully crystal clear...I love that about it. Can't beat the price and it's TPU, so it'll have far more protection than any feather case...without the added bulk. SUPER SLEEK and adds virtually no bulk.

ClearCase00.jpg

ClearCase01.jpg

ClearCase02.jpg

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
ordered this one. haven't received yet

it seems like writing in this thread did its trick and when I got back home I found my Nilkin case waiting for me :smile:. They also sent me a free protective film which is good thing if I knew about it while making my order. Since I've already ordered screen protector (Xtreme) in other place... So, when this second screen protector arrive I'll have two...

Last edited:

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I got my 1520 in a trade and it came with a case. It is the Yasoo Ultra Slim. I have no complaints. It is really smooth, but retains more grip than the stock shell. I have the gray but I would call it more of a charcoal or smoky black. There is a slight transparency, so the color of the phone adds a tint to the case. Since I have a red phone, the case has a dark plum color to it in some light. The case elevates just above the camera lens so you better about laying the phone on its back. The corners are wrapped for drop safety, but the edges are level with the screen. So, don't expect any screen protection and make sure you have something covering that glass.

I am avidly against the use of cases on my phone. I always feel it should be used and felt as intended when designed. However, this came with a case and I have felt it is very unobtrusive. I am not putting this out there as the best case you can get, but I like it and the price is definitely right. I would only change it for two reasons.
1. Replace it for a Qi case
2. Switch it for that sweet clear case that Tonybessette mentioned above. :wink:

Amazon.com: YESOO™ Sexy Ultra Slim Fit Frosted Case Anti-Scratch Matte Premium Cover Nokia Lumia 1520 (Lumia 1520, Gray): Cell Phones & Accessories

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have this case - Amazon.com: AceAbove Nokia Lumia 1520 Slim Clear Back Case with Bumper / Cover for Nokia 1520 - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's sleek, keeps the phones "naked" look....and you can't beat the feel of it, way more grip..without it being a lint magnet. NO lint or dust attracted to it. Has a small but nice lip over the screen face, so you can lay down the 1520 and the screen will not touch the table top. Protective lip on the camera too, so it'll never be touched again either.

...and it is beautifully crystal clear...I love that about it. Can't beat the price and it's TPU, so it'll have far more protection than any feather case...without the added bulk. SUPER SLEEK and adds virtually no bulk.

View attachment 54407

View attachment 54408

View attachment 54406

Wow thats actually pretty awesome. When I was browsing cases, I came across this one and I must say the example images they provided do not do it justice. Thanks for posting these pics, one request is can you take a profile shot?

In case (see what I did there) is interested, I have ordered the following cases which I should be getting tomorrow:
Amazon.com: EnGive New Nokia Lumia 1520 Quicksand Hard Matte Skin Case with Cleaning Cloth (Green): Cell Phones & Accessories
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2298920
Amazon.com: VSTN?Nokia Lumia 1520 ultra-thin PC Case Cover with fee screen protector (For Nokia Lumia 1520, White): Cell Phones & Accessories

Ill post reviews some time tomorrow

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 54407

View attachment 54408

View attachment 54406

This case looks sweet! I have been looking for a case, but didn't want to cover up my awesome red 1520. Not to mention the fact that it is $5 USD.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The MoFi flip case I ordered arrived today, and I really like it in terms of looks, how little bulk it adds, and screen protection when closed.

I ordered it in brown. The interior is fairly close to taupe, so it matches my yellow phone quite nicely (I use the taupe theme on a black background). You can see the yellow on the top and bottom and a bit from the cut outs.

http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Cover...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2299723

Edit: I've posted a review to Amazon for the MoFi case.

Last edited:

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok I received this case Amazon.com: VSTN?Nokia Lumia 1520 ultra-thin PC Case Cover with fee screen protector (For Nokia Lumia 1520, White): Cell Phones & Accessories today and its the Nillkin case but in white.

PROS:
- The camera bump is awesome and the case is very sleek.
- It doesn't add any noticeable bulk to the phone.
- It has a nice feel to it and doesn't seem to be hard to the touch.
- It comes with a free cleaning cloth and screen protector. I wont need either since I have the Skinomi screen protector installed.

CONS:
- For those looking for protection of the front of the phone it adds some but not much via the sides
- The buttons (volume up/down, camera and power) are accessible but can be a little tricky to interact with them
- Mine has some minute black scuffs at the bottom but nothing terrible IMO
- Kind of a Pro and a Con but the case is not easily removed from the phone.
- No installation/removal instructions came with the phone

I would most definitely recommend this case to 1520 users. Its available in black and white, I wish they had a (NY Jets) green one.

Here is a shared skydrive folder with some quick pics I took: https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Pay close attention to the camera bump, its one of the key features that the store images don't really present all that well.

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
You can't go past the Nillkin Ultra Slim Daniel reviewed a while ago. I picked up a white one for $11 shipped on eBay. Looks amazing on a black phone, adds next to nothing in terms of bulk, whilst still being protective. comes with a screen protector as well. In my opinion, the best 1520 case for it's price.

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
You can't go past the Nillkin Ultra Slim Daniel reviewed a while ago. I picked up a white one for $11 shipped on eBay. Looks amazing on a black phone, adds next to nothing in terms of bulk, whilst still being protective. comes with a screen protector as well. In my opinion, the best 1520 case for it's price.

Yep, pretty neat case however I've noticed one negative side after using it for a while. While holding the phone vertically I used to put my little finger under the bottom of the phone and this case has a little sharp edge at the bottom. So when I do some emails or other staff for a long time (more than 10 minutes) this sharp edge of the case causes some pain to my little finger :(. However, I assume Incipio case has the same sharp edge on their feather model...

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 54407

SO, mine came in the other day and I tried it out. I have very mixed feelings and leaning to the "do not like" side. Just some quick notes.

The GOOD:
1. Nice wrap around the corners and edges so even the screen has some protection.
2. Nice rise around camera lens.
3. Snug fit on phone
4. Low price
5. Easy button feel
6. Nice rubbery grip

The BAD:
1. Not as crystal as I had hoped. There is a color distortion adding a bit of yellow. Makes the red phone look pale red to orange.
2. Difficult to insert or remove the phone. (Should get easier with time)
3. Bulky. This does not feel like a slim case. You may not see the added bulk, but you can feel it. Makes the phone a bit deceptive when handling.
4. That nice rubbery grip and extra bulk make it rough to slide in and out of a pouch (belt clip holster). Adds significant friction.
5. Added button sensitivity. It appears the case is already applying tension to the buttons and a slight nudge triggers the action. I think some would call this a positive, but not I.
6. This is an odd one and 1520 color/surface may provide a different experience for others, but it is really bothering me. I am using the Red model. The smooth surface of the red 1520 in combination with the rubber case create a sealing/adhering effect. The result is a bubbly effect between the case and phone with shiny and dull spots. I would describe it as a poorly placed screen protector and the air was not squeegeed out. You can even see the dust and particle raises, just like a screen protector. Just random surface contact points causing a blotchy appearance. I may need to provide some photos to give a real understanding. I am considering adding a moisture layer (a spritz of screen protector applicator) then using a squeegee. If I do this, I will get some before and after shots.

For $5, it is worth developing your own opinion. I will be using it situationally, but it will not be my primary case.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
SO, mine came in the other day and I tried it out. I have very mixed feelings and leaning to the "do not like" side. Just some quick notes.

The GOOD:
1. Nice wrap around the corners and edges so even the screen has some protection.
2. Nice rise around camera lens.
3. Snug fit on phone
4. Low price
5. Easy button feel
6. Nice rubbery grip

The BAD:
1. Not as crystal as I had hoped. There is a color distortion adding a bit of yellow. Makes the red phone look pale red to orange.
2. Difficult to insert or remove the phone. (Should get easier with time)
3. Bulky. This does not feel like a slim case. You may not see the added bulk, but you can feel it. Makes the phone a bit deceptive when handling.
4. That nice rubbery grip and extra bulk make it rough to slide in and out of a pouch (belt clip holster). Adds significant friction.
5. Added button sensitivity. It appears the case is already applying tension to the buttons and a slight nudge triggers the action. I think some would call this a positive, but not I.
6. This is an odd one and 1520 color/surface may provide a different experience for others, but it is really bothering me. I am using the Red model. The smooth surface of the red 1520 in combination with the rubber case create a sealing/adhering effect. The result is a bubbly effect between the case and phone with shiny and dull spots. I would describe it as a poorly placed screen protector and the air was not squeegeed out. You can even see the dust and particle raises, just like a screen protector. Just random surface contact points causing a blotchy appearance. I may need to provide some photos to give a real understanding. I am considering adding a moisture layer (a spritz of screen protector applicator) then using a squeegee. If I do this, I will get some before and after shots.

For $5, it is worth developing your own opinion. I will be using it situationally, but it will not be my primary case.

Number 6 in your con list is my only issue with this case. I don't really like the splotchy look on the back.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Someone suggested it in another thread, so I took the dive and cut the cover off my Nokia case. I like it! The only thing I really want a case for is to protect the back when I set it down on tables, etc. It's actually perfect for that. I also have the Amzer Pudding case for when I let my kids use the phone. I can't recommend that case enough. It's really perfect. The only thing I'd change is to have the matte finish cover the entire case.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo