Screen wakes up intermittently? Is this common?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I have Glance Beta installed and set to always on. Though I find no differences on whether it's set to Peek or anything else. I notice that more so when the screen is off shortly after using it (off but displaying the glance background) the screen will light up randomly and display the lockscreen. It usually does it only once and after several minutes from me using it. And then it will fade and go back to the Glance background. I find it does it more commonly within minutes after turning my screen off manually (after using it).

But I've also witnessed my phone sitting face up on the table, or in my pocket and it will randomly turn on and as usual after a few seconds turn back off.

Is this a common bug? It's not that important to me but just curious if it's something others have encountered.

ragingklu

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been using "always on" since I got the phone and I have not seen this once. How often are you able to successfully reproduce the issue given the steps outlined above?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd say it's pretty easy to reproduce and happens at least 60% of the time. Typical scenario is me taking my phone off the charger a few minutes to do a couple things or out of my pocket. Used it and now threw it back on the charger on the table. Glance background is displayed. And within 5-10 min after using it lockscreen shows as if I had hit the the power button then it fades out and back to glance background. That's it. It also typically happens once only. Slightly annoying but I can live with it.

I figured maybe because I'm using the Glance background beta app it may be a little buggy. I admit I haven't cared as much to go as far as removing the app or disabling glance all together to see if it still does it.

Matts4313

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My phone does this all the time. It is kind of annoying if its in the middle of the night, or if I notice it during work. Its such a minor thing, but I have no clue why it does it. I have owned ~6 WP and this is the only one I have seen with this issue. Im guessing it will be fixed in an update.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
My phone does this all the time. It is kind of annoying if its in the middle of the night, or if I notice it during work. Its such a minor thing, but I have no clue why it does it. I have owned ~6 WP and this is the only one I have seen with this issue. Im guessing it will be fixed in an update.

Happy to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this odd yet annoying bug. And like you it's merely a distraction at work or at night because I tend to look at the screen half of the time thinking a sms or something just came in. Yet there is nothing. Also hoping an update fixes this.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem too on my 920. I'm surprised I can't find any other reports about this--I guess it's not a common problem. Is there any way we can tell Nokia so they can fix it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon