Viber problem..

nokia15202014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
hello and good day to you fellow lumia 1520 users..just a question? im having problem with my viber application,after the phone is locked,i cannot received calls and messages even if my wifi is always turned on..and my status is always offline..are you having the same problem? thank you..:smile::smile:

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues also with viber on 1520. I still receive messages but I don't get any sound notification. With my 925, it was good. They probably need to update it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

lsteven47

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm having problems with my 920. Calls don't ring through consistently. A call will be made to me, but it won't ring; then I will be notified that I have a missed call. A minute or two later, another call will come in, from the same caller trying again, and it will ring through just fine. Quite frustrating.

ViberTeam

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
We're aware of this issue. You may encounter sporadic delays in receiving call notifications. This generally occurs when the device is in standby mode or when the screen is timed out.
We are working together with Microsoft to correct it.

You may reduce the notification miss frequency by doing the following (if you haven't done this ye):
1. Open your phone's settings
2. Go to Wi-Fi
3. Tap on Advanced
4. Select Keep Wi-Fi on when screen times out
Please note that this option will affect your battery consumption.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have a solution in the future.

santos1974

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
We're aware of this issue. You may encounter sporadic delays in receiving call notifications. This generally occurs when the device is in standby mode or when the screen is timed out.
We are working together with Microsoft to correct it.

You may reduce the notification miss frequency by doing the following (if you haven't done this ye):
1. Open your phone's settings
2. Go to Wi-Fi
3. Tap on Advanced
4. Select Keep Wi-Fi on when screen times out
Please note that this option will affect your battery consumption.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have a solution in the future.

Sorry but this is not the solution.
I've always use those settings and only in Lumia 1520 I'm having troubles with Viber.

r0mmE7

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I fixed Viber on my Lumia 920 today.
I had push notification issues for quite a few months now and I was able to find a way around this problem.
Here is what I did:
1. In Settings / Background tasks, I only allowed two applications to run in the background.
2. I uninstalled Viber from my phone.
3. In Settings / Storage check, I cleared the temporary files.
4. In Settings / Ringtones+Sounds, I unticked/unchecked the "all other notifications" (I saw that Viber will use its own notification sounds for push notifications).
4. I performed a soft reboot (holding down the volume down + power button).
5. After the reboot, I again cleared the temporary files in Settings / Storage Check.
6. I re-installed viber.

I am not really sure how it worked :)
I hope this info helps.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna up this thread just because I noticed that Viber, for some reason, hasn't been giving notifications today. Not even the live tile shows there's a count for a notification but when you open the app, there are tons of unread threads. I even tested it myself on two phones with diff numbers so I can test it myself. I thought I simply didn't hear the notifications but I simply didn't get any. None of the settings have been changed ever since as several days ago it was working perfectly fine. Anyone else having the same issue?

stefanosn

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem from yesterday, multo.
tryed to clean temp files, soft reset, unistall and reinstall viber but nothing worked. I thought that the problem was because I received a message from whatsapp and after that i realised that viber notifications not working. So I was wrong and not the only one with this problem. Hope to fix it. :angry:

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Guess what? I just got a notification. From a message I got about 8 or so hours ago.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say that as the notifications, yes gazillions of them, came from several hours of messages before. I haven't had any as of yet

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Odd, I'm experiencing delayed viber messages also - haven't changed any settings... Though I am using the 8.1 dev preview - would that do anything? I've had the preview since release and viber was fine until today...

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't use Viber for messaging... only calls.
But since the day I installed it on my 920 I never received call notifications UNLESS my Viber application was annoying. HOWEVER, I'll get a toast-notification saying I missed a call. Viber seems nearly pointless to me...
After a year of having Viber on my 920 it finally gave out and decided to stop functioning all together. I have a 1520 now and have yet to launch Viber on it.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
just a quick update. i sent myself a viber sms just to see if it is largely delayed. there's still some lag in the notification but has improved significantly. so far so good with only a couple minutes of wait compared to yesterdays almost one day delay

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire