File Access in lumia 1520

Mohammed Naquib

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I transferred 10 pdf files via bluetooth to my lumia 1520. when the last one finished transferring, i opened it via the ntifications menu.
The problem i am facing is that , i am only seeing the last opened file in the files menu in adobe reader.

My query is , :
How do i view other PDF files in the phone?

I also downloaded Microsofts's PDF reader, but even this app is not able to show the existing files in the phone.

How do i see the files present in the phone on connecting to the computer via USB cable, because all i can see is the picture, music and video files .

Somebody please answer !!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
This is probably going to annoy you but when transferring PDFs via Bluetooth you need to open them individually in the app otherwise they 'disappear'.

If you want PDFs on your phone you need to store them in the Documents folder of your Phone memory and nowhere else when your phone is connected to a PC via USB. You cannot store any document files on SD card at this time.

Once you have your PDFs in your Documents folder you can access them via the Office Hub.

The other option is having your PDFs on Skydrive.

This will hopefully change in WP8.1 but we don't know at this time.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

Mohammed Naquib

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

ThanX for the above info.
I copied my PDF folder in the document folder , but was still unable to view them. But when i removed it from the subfolder and place it in the main folder, then i was able to view it under the office hub.

You mentioned that the files "disappear". What i need to understand is that , where do the files go. Because in this way, lot of clutter will accumulate. How do we clean these file. Even the last pdf transferred via bluetooth is opening for me, but i dont know where its located. How do i find and delete this kinda files.

This is probably going to annoy you but when transferring PDFs via Bluetooth you need to open them individually in the app otherwise they 'disappear'.

If you want PDFs on your phone you need to store them in the Documents folder of your Phone memory and nowhere else when your phone is connected to a PC via USB. You cannot store any document files on SD card at this time.

Once you have your PDFs in your Documents folder you can access them via the Office Hub.

The other option is having your PDFs on Skydrive.

This will hopefully change in WP8.1 but we don't know at this time.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

ThanX for the above info.
I copied my PDF folder in the document folder , but was still unable to view them. But when i removed it from the subfolder and place it in the main folder, then i was able to view it under the office hub.

Forgot to mention that the files need to be native to the Documents folder. Again, another annoyance that will hopefully be fixed.

You mentioned that the files "disappear". What i need to understand is that , where do the files go. Because in this way, lot of clutter will accumulate. How do we clean these file. Even the last pdf transferred via bluetooth is opening for me, but i dont know where its located. How do i find and delete this kinda files.

From my understanding the 'disappeared files' end up in the temporary files area which can be cleaned via the storage checker.

As for files in the PDF applications, if you're using the PDF Reader from MS you can save it to Skydrive and then back to your phone. That is the only way to do it. Yes, it's roundabout. Adobe reader is not connected to Skydrive. The files themselves are sandboxed to that application which is why you can't find them anywhere. The only way PDFs end up on your phone is either by direct transfer to the Documents folder by USB or via Skydrive.

Nandan Bhat

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded few files from online and not able to locate where it is saved. not in PDF or in office., i am using Lumia 1520. Tried to check on the office, still no files.,

jedpatrickdatu

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the official file manager app? It's called "Files" and it's free in Windows Store. Once you install that, you can use it to browse your phone memory and SD card in detail and maybe you can find your PDFs there.

Nandan Bhat

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Already installed.... It's working thanks... I do not no one thing, my phone sometimes it heats up by itself even though I am not using phone... If I try to unlock my phone I will get loading page for some time.... I don't. No why....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett