Help a noob pls

lawson666

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi sorry if i ask a silly question but browsed forums and cant really see anything
I have just made the switch from android to a 1520 and im stuck on a few bits!!!
Maybe i was expecting more than i got with my new phone because my other was a note 3
Now my 1520 just seems so slow i don't know if its the phone ir just its not as fast as my note 3
It takes over 30secs opening and closing web pages Facebook and the browser is just so slow and i mean slow
If i click a link it can take well over 30sec on wifi or my tarriff
apps open slow and Facebook takes a while to update refresh and things like that.
Where my note 3 was nearly instant on everything it did
Its the web browsing that's driving me mad the most
Ive tried uc browser too but that loads slow as well
At least 5times slower

Can you change message back ground colours they blend in too much id like 1 colour 4 my text and another for the other persons

Now i wanna love the phone there's good bits to it and i love the Nokia and xbox music apps
Screen is nice
Battery in my opinion is better than note 3
Speaker louder
Camera better
But i don't think windows is better than android maybe itll grow on me and the 8.1 update will help with a few missing features
I miss my notification box
Google now
Quick settings
A few apps
Sky sports mobile tv

But most of all i think my new phone is just so slow compared to note 3 and they both have reasonably same spec apart than ram

Not one review i read said the phone is slow so im wondering if its me been spoilt with note 3 ir its just windows?

Im used to clicking a link and its on my screen in secs no 30 plus

Facbook takes ages to load show pics on my feed and update and its the official 1
Also have no where to click to upload pics on a friends feed or page??
Pre installed apps are quick and responsive apart than internet

Any advise or help and tips would be gratefully received
Thankyou for reading my 2st

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It seems strange to have that problem which seems to me like it may be signal related somehow with both wifi and 4G. Anyway my only suggestion would be to try a hard reset of the phone and if that doesn't fix it, return it for another one because it is not normal. My 1020 with lower specs seems like it loads apps and webpages a lot faster. Apps loading slowly may be due to searching for internet to update the app before launching. Not sure.

Starting from scratch may be the only option and then see if it is the same from the beginning or if has ben caused by a renegade app or something.

jasonrush

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Mine loads everything quickly. The Facebook app is lacking in features but it does what I need it to do. To post a picture on a friends page you just click the camera icon in the top right corner.

Try a hard reset and go to a few pages before installing anything else and see if its better. If it is then something you installed before is slowing it down. If not then the phone might not be for you.

Dwight Kuhl

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I may think you have some issues there... My 1520 is smoking fast! I was at a Starbucks on there crowded WiFi while I was demonstrating it to a guy who was like "whoa! Is that a phone?"... I was going to Facebook, Tumbler, 6Tag (Instagram), and Office and he was blown away at the speed....
My advice... Take the phone back and have the sales person use it and if its messed up speed wise, get another.... I haven't had a faster phone yet... (ip5s, GS4, and GS4Activ)

dropofdreams

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
The issues you're having are indeed irregular and should be resolved. However, unless you are specifically looking for a windows phone or a better camera, the note 3 is the better route. It offers more overall functionality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999