04-27-2014 01:53 AM
36 12
tools
    I just wanted to see if this is happening to anyone else. Sometimes when I go to key in my lockscreen passcode the characters seem to double up. So if I press 2 or 3 digits I get an "incorrect password" before even completing my password.

Deleting and then retrying results in the same thing. I sometimes get around it by hitting the delete key several more times after the password screen clears. This has me thinking there may be characters stuck in a buffer somewhere in memory.

Secondary to that, and less frequent, is sometimes the lockscreen doesn't want to scroll up. My finger makes it to the top of the screen and then the lockscreen falls back down. It sort of makes it feel like it's too heavy.
    01-09-2014 10:13 AM
    Never happened to me, I've only had PIN issues when I've tried to unlock the phone one-handed and missed the keys.

Try a soft reset and see if that sorts it out.
    michail71 likes this.
    01-09-2014 10:19 AM
    It's been reset a few times. When it gets like that I can even go slow and see two masked characters show up with one key press. The fix is to just press the back/erase button 5 or six times after it looks like the password has cleared.
    01-09-2014 11:25 AM
    That's never happened to me either.
    michail71 likes this.
    01-09-2014 12:01 PM
    Never happened to me too.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    michail71 likes this.
    01-09-2014 12:23 PM
    I wonder what's going on with my phone then? That's really weird. I don't have any other touchscreen issues.

Today it did it on 1 key press. I hit the key and then all 4 spots filled out and gave me the incorrect password message.

I just tried about 10 times in a row and it wouldn't do it. Perhaps something in the background happens after a period of time.
    01-09-2014 04:49 PM
    Anyway, I appreciate the replies about it not happening. At least the points to something specific to my phone.
    01-09-2014 04:51 PM
    Happens to me all the time. I think it has to do the screen sensitivity issue. I hit the numbers and it doubles them but it only happens with the first number I tap. I have a 6 number pin so it get annoying sometimes.
    michail71 likes this.
    01-09-2014 05:34 PM
    Happens to me all the time. I think it has to do the screen sensitivity issue. I hit the numbers and it doubles them but it only happens with the first number I tap. I have a 6 number pin so it get annoying sometimes.
    Yes, I agree it is annoying. We could be seeing different issues. I don't seem to have this issue anywhere else and I have my screen sensitivity turned down. I live in Florida so there is no need for gloves.

I didn't know you could do a 6 character pin.

Since hitting the delete key several times fixes it for me I think there is just something off with the buffer. It's like there are extra characters in there that are initially invisible.
    01-10-2014 09:28 AM
    Yesterday it was terrible for me. On a few occasions I had to try 5 or 6 times to unlock my phone. It was throwing in 4 characters on 1 key press. Even my trick of hitting delete several times over wasn't working.

It seems to only happen on either of the first two key presses. If I can get two in I'm good for 3 and 4.
    01-11-2014 11:26 AM
    My sensitivity is set to normal and I have glance screen and double tap to wake enabled. I may try turning of glance and double tap to see if that helps any.
    01-11-2014 11:28 AM
    My sensitivity is set to normal and I have glance screen and double tap to wake enabled. I may try turning of glance and double tap to see if that helps any.
    Did you update your extras+info? I did it last night and it has helped tremendously!
    01-11-2014 12:24 PM
    I must have since it's up to date. I'm going to disable glance and double tap to see if that helps. Though I don't think it will.
    01-11-2014 06:46 PM
    Since I disabled glance and double tap it hasn't happened. I'll turn on one at a time and see if I can figure out what it is.
    01-12-2014 08:35 PM
    Both are reenabled now. So far the problem hasn't come back. It seems turning one of them off and back on fixed the issue. Interestingly, restarting the phone didn't help.

Hopefully this thread may help someone else out.
    01-13-2014 05:04 PM
    Both are reenabled now. So far the problem hasn't come back. It seems turning one of them off and back on fixed the issue. Interestingly, restarting the phone didn't help.

Hopefully this thread may help someone else out.
    I have the exact same problem like u, I tried the method u mentioned, but I don't think it works...the problem still there..
    01-14-2014 12:16 AM
    I spoke too soon. After re-enabling double tap the problem came back. I thought for a while I wasn't going to be able to get into my phone it was so bad.

So I think it may be related to having double tap turned on.

4everForever, do you have double tap on? Try keeping it off.
    01-14-2014 11:12 AM
    I spoke too soon. After re-enabling double tap the problem came back. I thought for a while I wasn't going to be able to get into my phone it was so bad.

So I think it may be related to having double tap turned on.

4everForever, do you have double tap on? Try keeping it off.
    yeap, I also guessed it is the double tap causing the problem, I had disabled it and the problem gone...hope the future firmware update can fix this...i kinda like the double tap function.
    01-14-2014 08:26 PM
    Odd that we are the only two people on here with the issue. You'd think more people would be running double tap. It drove me nuts.
    01-15-2014 09:59 PM
    Odd that we are the only two people on here with the issue. You'd think more people would be running double tap. It drove me nuts.
    I noticed that most of the time the problem only happens when the application, WeChat shows the msg preview or toast notification while i'm unlocking the screen, I re-enable the double tap now and disable the msg preview in the WeChat see how it goes.
    01-16-2014 01:15 AM
    I noticed that most of the time the problem only happens when the application, WeChat shows the msg preview or toast notification while i'm unlocking the screen, I re-enable the double tap now and disable the msg preview in the WeChat see how it goes.
    ok, after re-enabling the double tap function, the problem comes back, so I pretty confirm the problem is caused by the double tap..and I don't believe only both of us have this problem, maybe there are other ppl having the same problem just they never reported here :)
    01-16-2014 07:39 AM
    I don't even have WeChat but I have noticed the problem seems worse after it has been in standby for a while.
    01-16-2014 11:05 AM
    ok, after re-enabling the double tap function, the problem comes back, so I pretty confirm the problem is caused by the double tap..and I don't believe only both of us have this problem, maybe there are other ppl having the same problem just they never reported here :)
    Well, I never had screen sensitivity issues and that is the most popular thread here. :) I'm sure you know how irritating this bug is.

Nokia is usually quick to fix bugs. Hopefully they are on this.
    01-16-2014 11:08 AM
    Same thing happens even with my lumia 1520.
    After lowering screen sensitivity the occurrence of this issue has reduced.
    01-16-2014 11:11 AM
    Eh guys, I'm also experiencing the same issue on my 1520 and I have double tap to wake enable 😒

Sent from my RM-937_eu_france_219 using Tapatalk
    01-19-2014 06:59 AM
36 12