Lockscreen keyboard bug

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to see if this is happening to anyone else. Sometimes when I go to key in my lockscreen passcode the characters seem to double up. So if I press 2 or 3 digits I get an "incorrect password" before even completing my password.

Deleting and then retrying results in the same thing. I sometimes get around it by hitting the delete key several more times after the password screen clears. This has me thinking there may be characters stuck in a buffer somewhere in memory.

Secondary to that, and less frequent, is sometimes the lockscreen doesn't want to scroll up. My finger makes it to the top of the screen and then the lockscreen falls back down. It sort of makes it feel like it's too heavy.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Never happened to me, I've only had PIN issues when I've tried to unlock the phone one-handed and missed the keys.

Try a soft reset and see if that sorts it out.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It's been reset a few times. When it gets like that I can even go slow and see two masked characters show up with one key press. The fix is to just press the back/erase button 5 or six times after it looks like the password has cleared.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I wonder what's going on with my phone then? That's really weird. I don't have any other touchscreen issues.

Today it did it on 1 key press. I hit the key and then all 4 spots filled out and gave me the incorrect password message.

I just tried about 10 times in a row and it wouldn't do it. Perhaps something in the background happens after a period of time.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Happens to me all the time. I think it has to do the screen sensitivity issue. I hit the numbers and it doubles them but it only happens with the first number I tap. I have a 6 number pin so it get annoying sometimes.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Happens to me all the time. I think it has to do the screen sensitivity issue. I hit the numbers and it doubles them but it only happens with the first number I tap. I have a 6 number pin so it get annoying sometimes.

Yes, I agree it is annoying. We could be seeing different issues. I don't seem to have this issue anywhere else and I have my screen sensitivity turned down. I live in Florida so there is no need for gloves.

I didn't know you could do a 6 character pin.

Since hitting the delete key several times fixes it for me I think there is just something off with the buffer. It's like there are extra characters in there that are initially invisible.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday it was terrible for me. On a few occasions I had to try 5 or 6 times to unlock my phone. It was throwing in 4 characters on 1 key press. Even my trick of hitting delete several times over wasn't working.

It seems to only happen on either of the first two key presses. If I can get two in I'm good for 3 and 4.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My sensitivity is set to normal and I have glance screen and double tap to wake enabled. I may try turning of glance and double tap to see if that helps any.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Both are reenabled now. So far the problem hasn't come back. It seems turning one of them off and back on fixed the issue. Interestingly, restarting the phone didn't help.

Hopefully this thread may help someone else out.

4everForever

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Both are reenabled now. So far the problem hasn't come back. It seems turning one of them off and back on fixed the issue. Interestingly, restarting the phone didn't help.

Hopefully this thread may help someone else out.

I have the exact same problem like u, I tried the method u mentioned, but I don't think it works...the problem still there..

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I spoke too soon. After re-enabling double tap the problem came back. I thought for a while I wasn't going to be able to get into my phone it was so bad.

So I think it may be related to having double tap turned on.

4everForever, do you have double tap on? Try keeping it off.

4everForever

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I spoke too soon. After re-enabling double tap the problem came back. I thought for a while I wasn't going to be able to get into my phone it was so bad.

So I think it may be related to having double tap turned on.

4everForever, do you have double tap on? Try keeping it off.

yeap, I also guessed it is the double tap causing the problem, I had disabled it and the problem gone...hope the future firmware update can fix this...i kinda like the double tap function.

4everForever

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Odd that we are the only two people on here with the issue. You'd think more people would be running double tap. It drove me nuts.

I noticed that most of the time the problem only happens when the application, WeChat shows the msg preview or toast notification while i'm unlocking the screen, I re-enable the double tap now and disable the msg preview in the WeChat see how it goes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss