Not feeling the 1520.

vizbot

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I picked up a 920 late last year and I absolutely fell in love with WP and the 920 but due to its terrible battery life I decided to pick up a 1520. I gotta say that I?m not feeling this device. I love the screen but it is way too sensitive and picks up swipes are presses. I?m also not a fan of how flush the buttons are with the device. The windows, bing and back buttons are poorly lit and when using the knock on feature I have it repeatedly not work (not of which are a problem on the 920). Also apps don?t scale well on a 1080p 6" screen. I know this may all be a bit nitpicky but it adds up to an experience that is less enjoyable than that which I had on my 920. I think I may just sell my 1520 and go back to my 920.

ragingklu

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I hear you on the swipes-as-presses issue, but I've noticed if I scale my swiping motion down to what it would be on the 920, I'm less likely to get this problem. I tend to swipe farther and faster on a bigger phone and I've noticed being more deliberate (i.e. slowing down) and decreasing the overall length of the swipe has helped a lot. I actually like the flush buttons but that's really subjective. The giantness of the phone can mean it's barely squeezing into a pocket (my painters jeans for example) and the buttons don't stick out far enough to catch even a little bit. But I can see why people hate the new design with the flush buttons, it doesn't have a very familiar feel to it.

I'm sure the swipe issue will be handled by MS, I don't expect that to last so long with so many people upset about it. The 1080 emulators just dropped recently so that's why nothing scales yet. Why they did it that way, I have zero clue, but the scaling issues shouldn't last. I hope there are plans to be able to scale the text down across the UI because there's so much white space and the way the UI works, you end up with lists (e.g. in forums) that are truncated because they can't fit across the screen, but it seems so silly because the text is so giant to start with.

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried setting the sensitivity from High down to normal? I noticed the same thing and dropping it down to normal has helped alot.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it does seem odd that the default option for that is set to High when it's obviously not suitable for everyday use. Maybe it was a cold day in Finland when they put that option in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb