Double tap to wake

jasonrush

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I use it, with the size of the phone it makes it easier to turn on. I haven't seen a significant draw on the battery. I also use glance and have it set on peek.

jomargon

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it DRASTICALLY reduces your battery life, but I wouldn't have it enabled. I mean, the power button is right there, use that. :)

My phone's power button feels kinda loose and wiggles. Not sure if it's normal. I'm afraid that it will get stuck in the future that's why I want to try using the double tap to wake. At least it will cut the number of presses to half. :)

vizbot

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
This feature is really inconsistent on this device. Which seems crazy because it worked flawlessly on my 920. I ended up turning it off as it was only annoying me but when I did have it on I didn't notice a major to hit my battery life.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I find it's just about as inconsistent on both devices but I keep it on and use it all the time.

The battery on the 1520 just keeps on going. I've never even seen the battery saver kick in. The phone could probably make it over 2 1/2 days of typical usage.

ragingklu

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I keep it on along with glance as always on, and I never have any issues with battery as long as I stay out of games.

I do get inconsistent behavior though, sometimes it takes a few tries. Most of the time it works properly though.

ragingklu

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I think if your front sensor is covered double tap won't work...try it

Hmm so if I reach from an angle that puts my hand over the sensor, it does not work.... I wonder if that's been my problem. Unfortunately I can't remember how it was placed every time it failed for me but I'll keep that in mind and hopefully being situationally aware will cause the problem to go away.

yazannumoor

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Hmm so if I reach from an angle that puts my hand over the sensor, it does not work.... I wonder if that's been my problem. Unfortunately I can't remember how it was placed every time it failed for me but I'll keep that in mind and hopefully being situationally aware will cause the problem to go away.

But its a good idea from zNokia, since your phone won't unlock if its in your pocket

Shaz2012

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I didn't notice any impact by double tap to wake on battery, nor did I on my 920. I did notice it for the glance app on both phones and I have it turned off.

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Right so either I'm imagining things or something wrong with my 1520 but I have found double tap drastically reduces my battery life, by around 6-7 hours. In hein-sight, that would make sense, as having double tap on means the digitizer, or whatever picks up finger response is constantly active.

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
With my usage, Glance set to Peek with double tap on, I usually get 30 - 40 hours before it drops to 20+%

Sent from my RM-937_apac_sea_206 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos