05-27-2015 05:04 AM
59 123
tools
    I have the same problem. My first phone looked like someone left a trail of urine on the left hand side in the shape of an 'L'...and there was a white dot on the right side, 1.5 inches down, 0.5 inches east of center. My replacement from ATT came in brand new (in a certified like-new box) with a log time of 00:00:00. No spots on initial usage...I go through the trouble of installing my skin, screen protector and case and now I see two spots, one north, and right of center and one, less visible, on the left. I'm irritated, to say the least. Let's keep this thread alive - please continue to post your updates. $600 devices should have far better QC.
    03-13-2014 03:17 PM
    same issue here. returning the device. i got it through ebay (new sealed box) seriously so many issues with the quality of this device. let me list some
    - screen easily scratched from any kind of use. nokia durability is a joke here (device will break)
    - polycarbonate casing is so thin i feel it can break in my hand
    - bright spot on the top of the device. it is so common that almost all devices suffer from it
    - all buttons and sdcars/sim slot is not rigid. i feel it wiggles as i move the device.

go phone i buy for $20 is seriously better built. not kidding the only thing saved this phone is the Nokia logo we used to trust
    04-15-2014 05:24 PM
    Hi
    As of today i also have a bright spot on the same place of the display as most of you..
    i checked my screen every once in a while for such spots since the existing if this thread, never got one since today...
    in my opinion ther is no point in returning the device, since its just a matter of time until every other lumia 1520 will develop the same spot..
    04-17-2014 10:09 AM
    Hey, same problem here, too. Have to change phones until the warranty ends? I added a photo of the spots.
    spots.jpg
    04-17-2014 04:12 PM
    Hey, same problem here, too. Have to change phones until the warranty ends? I added a photo of the spots.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spots.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	441.3 KB 
ID:	63381
    Which 1520 variant do you have?
    04-17-2014 04:17 PM
    It's 1520.1 RM-937
    hasasimo likes this.
    04-17-2014 05:35 PM
    I'm starting to feel a little embarrassed for recommending this phone to a bunch of friends and family. Seems like it may just be a matter of time before they all have some kind of issue with it.
    04-22-2014 10:32 AM
    I'm starting to feel a little embarrassed for recommending this phone to a bunch of friends and family. Seems like it may just be a matter of time before they all have some kind of issue with it.
    It's not just this phone, screen wears out after sometime, my screen on HTC has white spot aswell, it's not a Lumia problem
    04-22-2014 10:35 AM
    It's not just this phone, screen wears out after sometime, my screen on HTC has white spot aswell, it's not a Lumia problem
    There's absolutely no way it should be happening this quickly and with this frequency.
    04-22-2014 11:28 AM
    And the threshold to give your smartphone for warranty repair/change is quite high. You need to backup your stuff, find another phone for some period etc. I bet many users don't bother to get their phones fixed because of some white spots. Really annoying!
    04-23-2014 04:50 AM
    Thank you spacennow, those are EXACTLY where mine are...This is unacceptable. I'm close to selling it and going back to android. I love the Windows Phone UI, but this, along with the lack of apps (apps that I use for work), is becoming a pain. Returning the phone and getting a new one wont resolve this issue. I've had several phones now with the same white spots. Has anyone had luck with a replacement device?
    05-09-2014 11:49 AM
    It would be handy if people could show photos of these white spots.

Not saying they are but the ones in the photo above look like they have been PhotoShoped.

I know these phones do have problems, what phone maker has perfect phones but there is a lot of bulls*** on forums from people that don't even have the phone they are talking about. Before you all jumps on me the same think happens on all forums across all brands.

I posted a photo of my screen that cracked on my note 3 when it fell on the carpet in my car. Low and be hold it cropped up on another forum a few weeks later.
    05-09-2014 12:11 PM
    i posted pictures about the white spots I had on my device. and no those are genuine.
    05-09-2014 01:06 PM
    It would be handy if people could show photos of these white spots.

Not saying they are but the ones in the photo above look like they have been PhotoShoped.

I know these phones do have problems, what phone maker has perfect phones but there is a lot of bulls*** on forums from people that don't even have the phone they are talking about. Before you all jumps on me the same think happens on all forums across all brands.

I posted a photo of my screen that cracked on my note 3 when it fell on the carpet in my car. Low and be hold it cropped up on another forum a few weeks later.
    Video OK as well?

The place you see the screen distort is also the place where the bright spot is. Components to close to the back of the screen I guess...
    05-09-2014 01:32 PM
    Video OK as well?

The place you see the screen distort is also the place where the bright spot is. Components to close to the back of the screen I guess...
    Will the bright spots not show up on the video?

Just tried that with my 1520 and if I tap the screen hard enough I can make it do the same as in your video.
    05-09-2014 05:11 PM
    i posted pictures about the white spots I had on my device. and no those are genuine.
    People stopped believing you a long time ago
    05-09-2014 05:13 PM
    Hi,
    My photo is not photoshopped, only those red arrows are added by "MS Digital Image Suite" and photo's compressing added to get the file size smaller. Photo taken by cheap soap-box camera.
    05-10-2014 01:53 PM
    Will the bright spots not show up on the video?

Just tried that with my 1520 and if I tap the screen hard enough I can make it do the same as in your video.
    Probably, if I spend some time on checking exposure settings for the video. This was just shot quickly. And I'm really not tapping hard. Normal taps. It shouldn't do this and it's mainly around where I guess the camera module is.
    05-11-2014 07:32 AM
    My 1520 has three small white spots that are noticeable when the screen is white (appear a very light grey). On a black screen, they appear white, but for the most part are unnoticeable when in use. Nothing you can do.
    05-11-2014 08:04 AM
    I got the LCD replaced on mine. So far, so good.
    05-17-2014 05:21 AM
    i belive its only a matter of time untill they are coming...
    i had no bright/white spot issue for 2 month, and a few weeks ago a white spot startet to appear...
    05-19-2014 01:59 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spots.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	441.3 KB 
ID:	63381
    I have this as well... pretty much in those locations. its an odd one to have, normally you end up with darker sections! I have to say it doesnt bother me. Using the black themes for almost everything, you very rarely end up on a fully white page.
    05-19-2014 08:38 AM
    Can't say if it is PSed, but, that's exactly what mine looks like (no exaggeration). I think it's my fifth, I believe - lost count. At this point I'm resigned to live with it until a quadcore phone with a decent size display (5+ inch) is available in the US on AT&T. I'm extremely disappointed, as these spots become extremely distracting as the brighten - and they do. Between this issue and the camera taking forever to focus (got to use my wife's iPhone to get decent shots of my 5-year-old when he's moving - 95% of the time) I'm pretty unhappy and am eyeing at a Note 3...
    faith3935 likes this.
    06-12-2014 11:43 AM
    Can't say if it is PSed, but, that's exactly what mine looks like (no exaggeration). I think it's my fifth, I believe - lost count. At this point I'm resigned to live with it until a quadcore phone with a decent size display (5+ inch) is available in the US on AT&T. I'm extremely disappointed, as these spots become extremely distracting as the brighten - and they do. Between this issue and the camera taking forever to focus (got to use my wife's iPhone to get decent shots of my 5-year-old when he's moving - 95% of the time) I'm pretty unhappy and am eyeing at a Note 3...
    Your fifth?
    06-12-2014 04:29 PM
    Your fifth?
    Yep. I returned my 1520 twice for the light leaks, once for a weird line that looked like a crack underneath the screen, and once for a display that that stopped working - jumbled mess of pixels that rendered the entire screen indiscernible. At least the MS store was accommodating and apologetic.
    06-14-2014 11:07 AM
59 123