Uninstalling an app (MS Solitaire Collection)

Ira Seigel

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
This is a question that probably pertains more to WP8 than to the Lumia 1520, so if I've misplaced this question, could a sysop correct my mistake?

My question has to do with uninstalling an app, and since I know nothing about programming for WP, please pardon my newbie question. Along with many other users, I had to uninstall the MS Solitaire Collection because it drained my battery very quickly and the phone got very warm. However, after the uninstall, my battery still seems to run down quicker than it did before. This brings to mind, in general, a question about how thoroughly an app gets uninstalled. Is there a "registry cleaner" utility available - or is there one needed? Do remnants get left behind during an uninstall? Is a defragger needed? Is there a performance hit noticed after installing, trying out, and deleting many apps?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ira welcome to wpcentral. Seems like there are background task running in the background.
Unlock your phone and press the back button until a sets of cards does not show up (usually 1-2 seconds ) try scrolling those cards. There will be a X button on the top right corner on each card. By this method the app will be suspended. Have you installed many apps If so what apps are enabled for background task ? (Hint go to settings and swipe right or left and hit the first option named BACKGROUND TASK and see what all apps are allowed to run.block apps that you don't want to run in background and Darin your battery.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Himanshu's given you some great advice on how to troubleshoot this. I would also suggest reviewing what apps you allow to run in the background:

Settings (Swipe to the right) -> Background Tasks

I'd suggest disabling as many of those as you feel comfortable with doing so on and then see if it helps at all, too.

Ira Seigel

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks very much. I did know about scrolling thru opened apps by holding down the "Back" button. But looking thru Settings|Background Tasks I hadn't thought of. I found that I had installed the IMDB app, and that it was running as a background task (for some reason). I've disabled that and will check on the results. My only other app that was running in the background is the AccuWeather app which, hopefully, I can leave running in the background.

Cheryl Cheron

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I missed the solitaire program from my new 8.1, fact is it is not running correctly, does not produce an icon, and does not play. Problem is the program does not show up in control panel under programs, so how do I uninstall the solitaire collection, your assistance would be greatly sppreciated
thanks Cheryl

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs