That moment when you pull out your 1520

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
And it slips out your hand hits the concrete pavement doing several flips before sliding face down to a stop three feet away from you.

So that long look on your face as you expect the inevitable. Screen cracked. Chipped corner. As you pick up your 1520, you see there's a 3 foot crater in the concrete, 1520 completely intact, no chipped housing, and barely any scratches on the screen. The scratches are so minor you have to use the sun to see the micro scratches.

Now granted I did have the flip cover case but considering the impact not only did that case protect, it hardly have any nicks.

Durability. Nokia.

Last edited:

Locutus3d

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
You just experienced what would make a pretty sweet commercial for Nokia durability.

I had a similar experience with my Lumia 920.

barbequtioner

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I wish my 920 was that lucky. I dropped my 920 on GRASS after leaving the bus and cracked the screen. And don't get me started on my 900 cracking after dropping from 8 inches high -- pocket to retail floor. Ugh.

Heres hoping my 1520 lasts longer when it comes in the mail.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
What kind of skin do you have on your hands? lol

This makes no sense. Obviously I didn't have a tight grip when pulling from my pocket. Phone slips and get dropped. Cause you know people don't intentionally pull from their pocket and sling their phone to see if it survive a drop...

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This makes no sense. Obviously I didn't have a tight grip when pulling from my pocket. Phone slips and get dropped. Cause you know people don't intentionally pull from their pocket and sling their phone to see if it survive a drop...
He was making a joke, insinuating that he himself does not find the phone slippery so wondered how it slipped out of your hand. Knock on wood but, My skin grips fairly well to my matte black 1520 and I've yet to drop it. Although I did hhave a night terror one might and in my sleep knocked it off my table smh...
Is your phone glossy or matte btw?

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
He was making a joke, insinuating that he himself does not find the phone slippery so wondered how it slipped out of your hand. Knock on wood but, My skin grips fairly well to my matte black 1520 and I've yet to drop it. Although I did hhave a night terror one might and in my sleep knocked it off my table smh...
Is your phone glossy or matte btw?

s* happens is all I can say. Just didn't have a good grip when I pulled out my back pocket. Wouldn't be the first I ever dropped a phone. Can't ever predict these things. It is what it is. The point of this is how durable the 1520 is even with a 6 inch screen. The case was hit on three of its corner, good enough to cause a crack on any screen and both the phone and case absorbed it pretty damn well.

This is a big phone with a big screen more vulnerable to crack. For it to come out unscathed was pretty damn remarkable. I don't use screen protectors.

And to answer you question I have the matte black with matte black Nokia flip case.

Had this been any other cheaper plastic Samsung phone it probably would had been more damaged.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Youre probably right. That is pretty remarkable. Hopefully I don't have to find out for myself lol

I think what also was impressive is the case never popped off. I thought when I first got the case it looked cheap and wouldn't hold up. It reaffirms that Nokia knows how to make things.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Great Tall tales even if there is a grain of truth in them. You really never know what your're going to get when you click on a post. My wife asked me what I was laughing about. When I told her she gave me the "You stupid fool" look. Just made me laugh more. Thanks guys, you should start a night club act. I''ed come watch; and leave the wife at home.

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
And it slips out your hand hits the concrete pavement doing several flips before sliding face down to a stop three feet away from you.

So that long look on your face as you expect the inevitable. Screen cracked. Chipped corner. As you pick up your 1520, you see there's a 3 foot crater in the concrete, 1520 completely intact, no chipped housing, and barely any scratches on the screen. The scratches are so minor you have to use the sun to see the micro scratches.

Now granted I did have the flip cover case but considering the impact not only did that case protect, it hardly have any nicks.

Durability. Nokia.

I would laugh across the street, thinking "Shoulda got a smaller Lumia"

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I would laugh across the street, thinking "Shoulda got a smaller Lumia"

That's ignorant thinking cause there's people who have dropped the 920. Even my 920 has survived some pretty good drops. The problem, though, would be would you survive if I chunked this 1520 at your head. It would probably induce a coma.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz