07-06-2014 10:05 PM
37 12
tools
    Spigen plastic film is what I use on my S4, front and back. Easy to install, I use soap and water method. Literally took me no time to get it perfect and squeegee'd out. Nice part was I was able to turn it on right away and start using my phone without any interference. This is what I'm waiting for the 1520, I don't see why it would be tough to release one already.

you know how a lot of manufacturers are, they cater to only IOS and android. They tend to forget our units. Incidentally as a replacement for spigen when it comes to dry protectors I've tried a brand called capdase. I like their klia line. A bit similar to spigen's oleophobic

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    01-22-2014 01:50 AM
    you know how a lot of manufacturers are, they cater to only IOS and android. They tend to forget our units. Incidentally as a replacement for spigen when it comes to dry protectors I've tried a brand called capdase. I like their klia line. A bit similar to spigen's oleophobic

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    I would agree with you, but my first WP was the samsung focus i917 I think it was. Loved that phone, it stuck itself into a bootloop one day, think it was because it always felt overheated. Anyways, I bought a 1$ 5 pack plastic film screen protector and it felt just the same as a spigen would. It was an off brand, had the same setup with the front/back peel off tatic. You would think small time companies would jump in on phones like this.

On another note, just totally ruined my skinomi protector putting on my case i bought. The lip on the case pushed every corner/side up and got lint underneath it all. Going to try and get another one from skinomi under their "lifetime" warranty ordeal.

Update: Just got a response saying they are sending me a new one. Definitely easy and worth it~
    Last edited by MadBullBunny; 01-22-2014 at 01:48 PM.
    multo likes this.
    01-22-2014 12:13 PM
    From what I heard talking to the rep from BodyGuardz, it's impossible for them to do a tempered glass screen cover for the lumia series due to the dipped angle edges. But I've been wondering, why can't they just make a cup style that would also follows the dips of the edges, unless if that's really not possible to do at all. Or there's just not enough profits to go into the WP and nokia products.
    01-23-2014 09:09 PM
    From what I heard talking to the rep from BodyGuardz, it's impossible for them to do a tempered glass screen cover for the lumia series due to the dipped angle edges. But I've been wondering, why can't they just make a cup style that would also follows the dips of the edges, unless if that's really not possible to do at all. Or there's just not enough profits to go into the WP and nokia products.
    If they bothered attempting at all they could make a perfect one. Just lazy development I'd say.
    01-23-2014 10:41 PM
    From this thread, I decided to try and go with Skinomi (never heard of them until now). For my 900 and 920, I went naked-screen, but this time I wanted to protect the 1520 a little; it's probably because I paid for this one in full!

Application seems to work similarly to Zagg's wet-apply protectors, so I was okay at this part. I like the details that Skinomi paid attention to for the protector, cutouts are top-notch. I've gone one whole day with it on so far, so there's still some bubbles underneath working themselves out. I anticipate the end result will look fine, though. So far so good!
    01-27-2014 12:54 AM
    Illumishield makes really nice ones and they are not expensive at all, lifetime replacement.
    Agree with this guy, got some illumishields and the first one went on without any issues whatsoever, very happy
    01-28-2014 09:15 AM
    This is what I believe too since there are not as many WP users as the IOS or Androids
    01-28-2014 02:05 PM
    I'll toss in another vote for Skinomi. I've used them on about a half-dozen phones, and put one on my 1520 on Monday. applied with a little care, you almost can't tell its there. In the case of my 1520 I paired the Skinomi screen protector with a surprisingly nice and inexpensive cover from eBay (here)

New Ultra Thin Matte Soft TPU Cover Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 Free SP | eBay

I've been really pleased with combo so far.
    01-29-2014 10:30 PM
    Nokia Lumia 1520 Screen Protectors - The WP Central Store
    have a look here, there are many screen protectors for Lumia 1520 , try the whoosh! one to clean the screen
    I like whoosh! for cleaning the screen.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    01-29-2014 10:49 PM
    I'm gonna try this stuff

http://crystalusion.com/
    01-29-2014 11:08 PM
    Hi guys. I have never used the screen protectors before and not sure what is considered the good one. I was wondering if someone has ever used the Nillkin screen protector for 1520, or any other phone and could tell me what you think about it. As for me I think I'm getting easy too much fingerprints and oil on it fast. Besides, it doesn't cover the panel right to the edge. I'm thinking to buy another one, but in Ukraine there doesn't seem to be much of a choice besides Nillkin, Drobak and a few more.

So, if you used/or know what Nillkin protectors look like and could advise me on the better choice to be shipped from eBay or Amazon, I would be very grateful.

So I got an idea from this thread that the Illumishield ones are good and cheap an also the Skinomi, Xtreme Guards, IQ Shield LiquidSkin(but this feels sticky amirite?) So what would be the best choice with the least fingerprints and oil left, would cover the whole panel to the edges and feel smooth and scratch resistant, and have a good readability on sun. That's it I guess.

Thanks in advance for your replies. :)
    07-06-2014 09:14 AM
    I have an illumishield for my 2520 now also. Really happy with it, old school plastic screen protector, perfect fit (does not shortchange the edges due to the curved glass and does not hang too far over them ), does not scratch easily, oil and fingerprint resistant, crystal clear, smooth glide (better than the glass imo), inexpensive, super easy to install, and best of all ..... Lifetime replacements. Set of 3 for the 1520 is around 6-7$ with shipping

Should give them a try, I think its exactly what the op is looking for.
    I have an Illumishield which I fitted to my 1520 when I unboxed it.

Amazon.com: iLLumiShield - Nokia Lumia 1520 Screen Protector Japanese Ultra Clear HD Film with Anti-Bubble and Anti-Fingerprint - High Quality (Invisible) LCD Shield - Lifetime Replacement Warranty - [3-Pack] OEM / Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Acc

It fits perfectly, including covering the buttons at the bottom, and doesn't affect the use or viewing. It's the first screen protector I ever fitted that went on properly in one shot, and that includes the Skinomi fitted to my BB 9810. Normally dry fit protectors spoil easily, but not this one. No bubbles either. I also have this bumper case. It's a tight fit but looks and feels great and doesn't add much bulk.

Amazon.com: TUDIA Ultra Slim Melody TPU Bumper Protective Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
    07-06-2014 10:05 PM
37 12