Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm having no luck with screen protectors what so ever. First one I had was xtreme guard, which was just terrible. Felt like glue trying to push the squeegee over it and microfiber cloth just stuck on it when i was trying to push the bubbles out. Then I tried skinomi since they have a lifetime warranty on it, buying one for iphone 5, tablet and my lumia 1520. Thought they were top grade from the reviews every where i looked. Well the iphone 5 went on good, except is scratched to hell with microfiber cloth and wont clean properly, has odd streaks all over it like someone took a pencil eraser to it. The tablet has water marks all underneath the screen protector and the leather flip cass sticks to the protector and leaves an imprint. The Lumia 1520 has tiny bubbles all in the middle of the screen that won't come out. Attempting to remove and try again has always just resulted in dust/lint getting in the screen protectors so i don't both. I bought a 3 pack for my s4 from spiegen, classic screen protector (not this new orange peel water required contact lens feeling crap) and i get them on perfectly straight with not bubbles/particles.

So I ask, has anyone found a nice standard plastic screen protector that isn't this "zagg" style I guess they call it?
Surprised you had an issue with the Xtreme Guard. I'm using it for the 1520 and it's working pretty good. Stays in place, stays clean, and well I imagine it's protecting because no scratches yet haha

indie24

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I really want a glass screen protector. Had one on my Note and Note 2 and they were amazing. Cant find one for this

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk

Juan Rondon

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am using GadgetShieldz and I think it is pretty good, application is not that simple being a wet application but 100% better than Zagg.
There is no drag when I move my finger and clarity is perfect.
It is cheap and free shipping worldwide. :cool:

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I got my 1520 in a trade, so it already had the screen protector on it. I am unsure of the brand, but it is a hard sheet, not the soft rubberized skins. My issue with it is that the edges have pulled up from the beveled glass all the way around the screen. So I have a thin crisp dust frame around the screen. :unhappy: I want to replace the protector with something that covers the bevel, or will not pull up.

I prefer wet application protectors. I have been a long time fan of Skinomi products, to include the full body skin. However, I am looking for more feedback before I go with it. So, im bumping this thread up.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I've used Zagg for my 1020 and ArmorSuit for my 1520 and both have been great. ArmorSuit is a lot cheaper than Zagg and both have lifetime replacement warranty. Zagg's replacement process is very easy, because you don't have to talk to anyone. Just log on to their website and order the new one. You just pay for shipping. I haven't done a replacement with ArmorSuit yet, but I've read that its not that easy to get a replacement.

With either shield, I've found that using plenty of the provided spray helps you get it lined up a whole lot easier. And both shields will actually shrink and any bubble you cant get out will be disappear after a few days.

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Good feedback, but still all over the board with different brands. Hopefully people keep updating their experiences and we can get some clear winners pinned out.

Tre Lawrence

May 27, 2013
Visit site
One more option: ScreenPatronus. Been using them forever on several devices dating back to Palm, and use them on all my phones today. First thing I order after getting phone.

Good quality, affordable price and good customer service. It's a small operation as far as I can tell (I'm not affiliated with them in any way).

They have a web storefront and an eBay shop. Just Google the name.

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
epid says he likes it, but I hate it. Like I said, I bought one for each three different devices and each of them gave me issues. I'm great at properly installing them as well. Previous phones I would put them on perfectly, its only now that i've ran into sp problems with this rubber feeling.

Well its only one from my experience, you've tried 3 different ones from Skinomi on different devices so maybe youre onto something. I haven't felt the screen as rubbery after installing.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have an illumishield for my 2520 now also. Really happy with it, old school plastic screen protector, perfect fit (does not shortchange the edges due to the curved glass and does not hang too far over them ), does not scratch easily, oil and fingerprint resistant, crystal clear, smooth glide (better than the glass imo), inexpensive, super easy to install, and best of all ..... Lifetime replacements. Set of 3 for the 1520 is around 6-7$ with shipping

Should give them a try, I think its exactly what the op is looking for.

Side note- it does cover the proximity sensor- but auto brightness and the proximity sensor when on calls works flawlessly so far with mine.

The one con, but its a small one as I've seen waaaaaaaaay worse, in direct sunlight it does take away the antiglare a bit from the clear black display, like if you reflect the sun into it the light burst rainbows a tiny bit, but like I said its very minimal compared to most.

I am also not affiliated with illumishield, just a very pleased customer.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I use IQ Shield LIQuid Skin for most of my phones and I have been very impressed by them. You have to install them right the first time but since it is a wet application you will get it right before it dries and sets. Great quality and clarity I have found nothing better for my phones, looks like nothing is even on the screen. Only Minus I can think of is it is a wet application.

Amazon.com: IQ Shield LIQuidSkin - Nokia Lumia 1520 Screen Protector Ultra Smooth Film + Lifetime Replacement Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I use IQ Shield LIQuid Skin for most of my phones and I have been very impressed by them. You have to install them right the first time but since it is a wet application you will get it right before it dries and sets. Great quality and clarity I have found nothing better for my phones, looks like nothing is even on the screen. Only Minus I can think of is it is a wet application.

Amazon.com: IQ Shield LIQuidSkin - Nokia Lumia 1520 Screen Protector Ultra Smooth Film + Lifetime Replacement Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories

I was eyeballing that one. Almost grabbed it, but had not seen the brand before and reviews were limited. I like the wet application protectors, so I might give it a shot. I like the small hole for the sensor, rather than the complete cutout from the top edge.

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm waiting for the tempered glass cover... wonder when there will be one...

Agreed. I had a Spigen Glass.t on my Note and it was well worth the $20. That was the first thing I looked for after getting the 1520. I was saddened to see zero support fro nokia from their website.

I actually had an incident with my note that gave me much faith in spigen. I will buy their product again if they support the 1520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster