multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. I had a Spigen Glass.t on my Note and it was well worth the $20. That was the first thing I looked for after getting the 1520. I was saddened to see zero support fro nokia from their website.

I actually had an incident with my note that gave me much faith in spigen. I will buy their product again if they support the 1520.

if only they would make stuff for our phones. been waiting for spigen to produce since i bought a 920 then 925 and until now with the 1520 it's still zero. i'd even be ok with their plastic films as i've used their oleophobic protectors for a long time already.

trobs29

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm having no luck with screen protectors what so ever. First one I had was xtreme guard, which was just terrible. Felt like glue trying to push the squeegee over it and microfiber cloth just stuck on it when i was trying to push the bubbles out. Then I tried skinomi since they have a lifetime warranty on it, buying one for iphone 5, tablet and my lumia 1520. Thought they were top grade from the reviews every where i looked. Well the iphone 5 went on good, except is scratched to hell with microfiber cloth and wont clean properly, has odd streaks all over it like someone took a pencil eraser to it. The tablet has water marks all underneath the screen protector and the leather flip cass sticks to the protector and leaves an imprint. The Lumia 1520 has tiny bubbles all in the middle of the screen that won't come out. Attempting to remove and try again has always just resulted in dust/lint getting in the screen protectors so i don't both. I bought a 3 pack for my s4 from spiegen, classic screen protector (not this new orange peel water required contact lens feeling crap) and i get them on perfectly straight with not bubbles/particles.

So I ask, has anyone found a nice standard plastic screen protector that isn't this "zagg" style I guess they call it?

I have used the Skinomi screen protectors on almost all my devices (phones and tablets) and they all ended up nicely. Just go easy with the application and push the bubbles out using the provided squeegee but wrap it in a microfiber/lint-free cloth first. Then, wait a couple of days and the ones you missed will just dry up and disappear.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Spigen plastic film is what I use on my S4, front and back. Easy to install, I use soap and water method. Literally took me no time to get it perfect and squeegee'd out. Nice part was I was able to turn it on right away and start using my phone without any interference. This is what I'm waiting for the 1520, I don't see why it would be tough to release one already.

you know how a lot of manufacturers are, they cater to only IOS and android. They tend to forget our units. Incidentally as a replacement for spigen when it comes to dry protectors I've tried a brand called capdase. I like their klia line. A bit similar to spigen's oleophobic

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Khang Ngo1

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
From what I heard talking to the rep from BodyGuardz, it's impossible for them to do a tempered glass screen cover for the lumia series due to the dipped angle edges. But I've been wondering, why can't they just make a cup style that would also follows the dips of the edges, unless if that's really not possible to do at all. Or there's just not enough profits to go into the WP and nokia products.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
From this thread, I decided to try and go with Skinomi (never heard of them until now). For my 900 and 920, I went naked-screen, but this time I wanted to protect the 1520 a little; it's probably because I paid for this one in full!

Application seems to work similarly to Zagg's wet-apply protectors, so I was okay at this part. I like the details that Skinomi paid attention to for the protector, cutouts are top-notch. I've gone one whole day with it on so far, so there's still some bubbles underneath working themselves out. I anticipate the end result will look fine, though. So far so good!

lyubomeer

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. I have never used the screen protectors before and not sure what is considered the good one. I was wondering if someone has ever used the Nillkin screen protector for 1520, or any other phone and could tell me what you think about it. As for me I think I'm getting easy too much fingerprints and oil on it fast. Besides, it doesn't cover the panel right to the edge. I'm thinking to buy another one, but in Ukraine there doesn't seem to be much of a choice besides Nillkin, Drobak and a few more.

So, if you used/or know what Nillkin protectors look like and could advise me on the better choice to be shipped from eBay or Amazon, I would be very grateful.

So I got an idea from this thread that the Illumishield ones are good and cheap an also the Skinomi, Xtreme Guards, IQ Shield LiquidSkin(but this feels sticky amirite?) So what would be the best choice with the least fingerprints and oil left, would cover the whole panel to the edges and feel smooth and scratch resistant, and have a good readability on sun. That's it I guess.

Thanks in advance for your replies. :)

RWD

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I have an illumishield for my 2520 now also. Really happy with it, old school plastic screen protector, perfect fit (does not shortchange the edges due to the curved glass and does not hang too far over them ), does not scratch easily, oil and fingerprint resistant, crystal clear, smooth glide (better than the glass imo), inexpensive, super easy to install, and best of all ..... Lifetime replacements. Set of 3 for the 1520 is around 6-7$ with shipping

Should give them a try, I think its exactly what the op is looking for.

I have an Illumishield which I fitted to my 1520 when I unboxed it.

Amazon.com: iLLumiShield - Nokia Lumia 1520 Screen Protector Japanese Ultra Clear HD Film with Anti-Bubble and Anti-Fingerprint - High Quality (Invisible) LCD Shield - Lifetime Replacement Warranty - [3-Pack] OEM / Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Acc

It fits perfectly, including covering the buttons at the bottom, and doesn't affect the use or viewing. It's the first screen protector I ever fitted that went on properly in one shot, and that includes the Skinomi fitted to my BB 9810. Normally dry fit protectors spoil easily, but not this one. No bubbles either. I also have this bumper case. It's a tight fit but looks and feels great and doesn't add much bulk.

Amazon.com: TUDIA Ultra Slim Melody TPU Bumper Protective Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium