Zero Serenity

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
It's been years with Verizon and two with my HTC Trophy. However, my contract is up and the choices for WP are pathetic so I've decided to abandon them in favor of a 1520 from AT&T since my laptop is gone too. I am running into a bit of a stumbling block with deciding on a case since I hate having my phone in my pocket (ask me about my XV6800 sometime). Currently I use one of these:
Leather Side Pouch
And it's a pretty good case. Turn the hook sideways, slip it through my belt loop and slug in the phone. However, it's flawed in that it can only go in one way or I can't have my headphone jack and even then that's in funny.
I mumbled around amazon a bit and there are these:
Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 1520 Horizontal Leather Case with Magnetic closure with belt clip and belt loops + Stars Stripes Silicone Wristband: Cell Phones & Accessories
Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 1520 Vertical Leather Case with Magnetic closure with belt clip and belt loops + Stars Stripes Silicone Wristband: Cell Phones & Accessories
Which is kinda right but I am not sure I'm sold on them. Does anyone have suggestions for cases like the old one I had?

I'm also considering an armor case as well, had my eyes on this one because it has a kickstand.
Amazon.com: JKase DIABLO Tough Rugged Dual Layer Protection Case Cover with Build in Stand for Nokia Lumia 1520 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

But again, I'm a software dev and understand the programmatic guts of the phone, not the accessories.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral! We always love to see new members!

I Don't own this phone, nor do I like hip cases for phones. That said, I can see why some people like you do. Quick thought though: Would a phone of that size be a little large to have there?

Zero Serenity

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps, but I don't exactly like the phone in my pocket since I tend to also load it with metal and sharp objects (keys, pens, coins, that sort of thing). The belt case I use is perfect, but I would like one big enough for a 1520.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps, but I don't exactly like the phone in my pocket since I tend to also load it with metal and sharp objects (keys, pens, coins, that sort of thing). The belt case I use is perfect, but I would like one big enough for a 1520.

I hear ya. Definitely is a personal choice. Hopefully someone with a case like those will be able to give their opinion.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the horizontal case you linked you to. I does a great job. Fits the phone in an Incipio wireless charging case just fine, with some room to spare, thickness wise. The size of the phone on my hip isn't really bothersome except for getting into and out of my car (car is really low to the ground).

One issue I have had, though, is that the clip has come apart from the case (this is actually a common problem for me that I've had with other horizontal hip cases for other phones I've had in the past). However, this was easily remedied by using super glue and sticking the clip back into the little pocket that the clip is originally sewn into (I hope that makes sense). After that, the clip actually feels more secure and you can't even tell that it came apart in the first place.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding that particular case. Additionally, I know someone else on this forum has also purchased that exact case.

Edit: Also, I do not have a screen protector on my phone and slide the phone in and out of the case constantly. So far, I don't even have any micro scratches on the screen.

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

jbfoster61

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a TPU case on my 1520. I wanted a horizontal leather case for my belt but I wanted to keep my TPU case on also and fit in the leather case. I bought a leather case for the Samsung Mega and my phone with TPU case on fits perfect. I got it off eBay for $4.66

Jim

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

Zero Serenity

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Oh. The middle of the top. Maybe I can use it. The case won't shut when jacked in but that's okay. Any chance of charging it while in it's case or?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss