• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Newsletter — sign up now! Learn More
01-13-2015 01:43 AM
31 12
tools
    It's been years with Verizon and two with my HTC Trophy. However, my contract is up and the choices for WP are pathetic so I've decided to abandon them in favor of a 1520 from AT&T since my laptop is gone too. I am running into a bit of a stumbling block with deciding on a case since I hate having my phone in my pocket (ask me about my XV6800 sometime). Currently I use one of these:
    Leather Side Pouch
    And it's a pretty good case. Turn the hook sideways, slip it through my belt loop and slug in the phone. However, it's flawed in that it can only go in one way or I can't have my headphone jack and even then that's in funny.
    I mumbled around amazon a bit and there are these:
    Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 1520 Horizontal Leather Case with Magnetic closure with belt clip and belt loops + Stars Stripes Silicone Wristband: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 1520 Vertical Leather Case with Magnetic closure with belt clip and belt loops + Stars Stripes Silicone Wristband: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Which is kinda right but I am not sure I'm sold on them. Does anyone have suggestions for cases like the old one I had?

I'm also considering an armor case as well, had my eyes on this one because it has a kickstand.
    Amazon.com: JKase DIABLO Tough Rugged Dual Layer Protection Case Cover with Build in Stand for Nokia Lumia 1520 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

But again, I'm a software dev and understand the programmatic guts of the phone, not the accessories.
    01-16-2014 01:41 PM
    Welcome to WPCentral! We always love to see new members!

I Don't own this phone, nor do I like hip cases for phones. That said, I can see why some people like you do. Quick thought though: Would a phone of that size be a little large to have there?
    01-16-2014 08:23 PM
    Perhaps, but I don't exactly like the phone in my pocket since I tend to also load it with metal and sharp objects (keys, pens, coins, that sort of thing). The belt case I use is perfect, but I would like one big enough for a 1520.
    01-16-2014 08:42 PM
    Perhaps, but I don't exactly like the phone in my pocket since I tend to also load it with metal and sharp objects (keys, pens, coins, that sort of thing). The belt case I use is perfect, but I would like one big enough for a 1520.
    I hear ya. Definitely is a personal choice. Hopefully someone with a case like those will be able to give their opinion.
    01-16-2014 08:47 PM
    I have the horizontal case you linked you to. I does a great job. Fits the phone in an Incipio wireless charging case just fine, with some room to spare, thickness wise. The size of the phone on my hip isn't really bothersome except for getting into and out of my car (car is really low to the ground).

One issue I have had, though, is that the clip has come apart from the case (this is actually a common problem for me that I've had with other horizontal hip cases for other phones I've had in the past). However, this was easily remedied by using super glue and sticking the clip back into the little pocket that the clip is originally sewn into (I hope that makes sense). After that, the clip actually feels more secure and you can't even tell that it came apart in the first place.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding that particular case. Additionally, I know someone else on this forum has also purchased that exact case.

Edit: Also, I do not have a screen protector on my phone and slide the phone in and out of the case constantly. So far, I don't even have any micro scratches on the screen.
    01-16-2014 09:12 PM
    I'm starting to be wary if the case clip just falls off like you said. Perhaps I should look some more.
    01-17-2014 08:10 AM
    Placed an order for this one. There just wasn't much to be found outside of this, without dropping unnecessary amounts of cash. I'll be sure to provide my opinion after some use and report if the belt clip held up.
    Last edited by shovelhead84; 01-17-2014 at 09:13 AM. Reason: grammatic
    01-17-2014 09:07 AM
    This was mentioned in another thread. Rather expensive but seems to be what I want.
    Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Leather Case - GT-i9200 - Horizontal Pouch Type (Black) by Pdair: Electronics
    01-17-2014 11:03 AM
    This was mentioned in another thread. Rather expensive but seems to be what I want.
    Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Leather Case - GT-i9200 - Horizontal Pouch Type (Black) by Pdair: Electronics
    It is beautiful, but I can't comprehend the price. $25 and I would have been sold. $30 and I would have got it if the reviews were good enough.
    01-17-2014 05:59 PM
    I have a TPU case on my 1520. I wanted a horizontal leather case for my belt but I wanted to keep my TPU case on also and fit in the leather case. I bought a leather case for the Samsung Mega and my phone with TPU case on fits perfect. I got it off eBay for $4.66

Jim
    01-18-2014 04:21 PM
    Link? Kinda coming up empty with that description.
    01-18-2014 07:00 PM
    I've ordered this one from Klein Tools
    Klein Tools 5715 PowerLine Black Nylon Mobile Phone Holder, Large - Amazon.com

American made, since 1857
    http://www.kleintools.com/catalog/po...e-holder-large

I also ordered one of these pouches knowing that the dimensions weren't quite large enough, and the phone doesn't fit. I'm returning it.
    http://www.tacticaltailor.com/flashbangsmokepouch.aspx
    Last edited by Madam ImAdam; 01-19-2014 at 10:19 AM. Reason: added link to item detail page
    01-18-2014 08:55 PM
    Seems rather nice, but the big leather logo has to go.
    01-19-2014 02:04 AM
    Seems rather nice, but the big leather logo has to go.
    I agree that giant leather label is unfortunate. I haven't received it yet, perhaps it could be removed by cutting the stitching.
    01-19-2014 08:03 AM
    01-19-2014 12:39 PM
    I think I will end up going with one of these. I don't like the price at all, but it might be the only thing that is exactly what I want.
    Amazon.com : Nokia Lumia 1520 Leather Case / Cover (Handmade Genuine Leather) - Horizontal Pouch Type (Black) by Pdair : Handheld And Pda Cases : Electronics
    01-20-2014 12:58 PM
    I agree that giant leather label is unfortunate. I haven't received it yet, perhaps it could be removed by cutting the stitching.
    This one ^ from Klein was way too small.

I just got this one that is a good fit.
    photo-5.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg
    02-04-2014 07:46 PM
    Hm...where's the audio jack? Can you plug in while it's still in the case?
    02-05-2014 06:47 AM
    This is what I am using.

Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 1520 Leather Case / Cover (Handmade Genuine Leather) - Horizontal Pouch Type (Black/Orange Stitchings) by Pdair: Electronics

Its a little expensive but it is a good quality case. It has elastic ends so it expands nicely to accommodate my 1520 with wireless charging case.
    02-05-2014 07:00 AM
    Oh. The middle of the top. Maybe I can use it. The case won't shut when jacked in but that's okay. Any chance of charging it while in it's case or?
    02-05-2014 07:52 PM
    *Attaches the leads, presses the button* Clear!

Been almost a year since I brought this thread to life and now I have some info. I purchased one of these: Nokia Lumia 1520 Leather Case / Cover (Handmade Genuine Leather) - Horizontal Pouch Type (Black) by Pdair and it has been going pretty well until somehow I managed to tear one of the sides.
    wp_20150112_10_19_28_raw.jpg
    Somehow. I can't recall how it happened but it seemed to rip all the way to that last thread at once instead of little by little.

I'm considering getting another one because the elastic on the sides, while tough, did eventually stretch to fit the phone and it's hard case rather comfortably (even if the snap didn't close).

So, any suggestions since then?
    01-12-2015 11:31 AM
    I've special-ordered the "Answer 400" case from SIMPLE.BE and it's in transit right now.

I am alternating between the Incipio PMA case and the JKASE Diablo/Amzer case that you linked - so I had to provide measurements of my phone with the case so they could custom-design the holster for me.

It's $29 USD though - so it's definitely the biggest cost required for the phone, but to be honest, my pockets aren't big enough for the 1520.

Once I get it, I'll post pictures with my initial review.

>>> unfortunately, I can't link anything right now since my post count is below 10, but I think you can figure out what I'm pointing to.
    01-12-2015 11:38 AM
    One of these. Velcro closure and custom sizing. I'm liking this one sofar.
    flipmack likes this.
    01-12-2015 12:11 PM
    Check out the sfbags.com website. They make the "Spin Case" for the iPhone6 but do custom work, too.
    01-12-2015 02:35 PM
    ...so I've found that most "hip cases" or holsters sit too high on my waist/belt. The SIMPLE.BE case that I referred to (and Zero Serenity linked to) to sits a little lower, which in my opinion, is a bit easier to deal with based on the clothes that I wear.
    01-12-2015 02:39 PM
31 12