02-16-2014 01:09 PM
41 12
tools
    They said that the 1520 should come to Sweden yesterday, but now they say in the middle of February... It is always like this in Sweden, it takes about half a year for products to come out, especially Windows Phones... It's pretty annoying, because when a phone finally comes to Sweden something else better is always announced.
    Pontifex likes this.
    01-18-2014 09:46 AM
    That delay sucks but don't sweat it the 1520 is now and will be for quite some time, the number one Windows Phone device.
    01-18-2014 09:54 AM
    That delay sucks but don't sweat it the 1520 is now and will be for quite some time, the number one Windows Phone device.
    Yea, probably
    01-18-2014 10:16 AM
    Do the same as me and import one from Germany :)
    01-18-2014 12:06 PM
    Do the same as me and import one from Germany :)
    Could be an option, but I want to feel the device before I buy it since I think it could be too big for me...
    01-18-2014 02:12 PM
    Could be an option, but I want to feel the device before I buy it since I think it could be too big for me...
    No carrier stores near you have a 1520?
    01-18-2014 02:17 PM
    That is odd. Even in Slovenia is available.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 using Tapatalk
    01-18-2014 02:18 PM
    Same problem in Denmark... Though I know they are probably false, the rumours about a Lumia 1525 make me reconsider buying it.
    01-18-2014 02:46 PM
    No carrier stores near you have a 1520?
    No, it's a 1h drive, and I don't think they have it until they start selling it
    01-18-2014 02:55 PM
    Same problem in Denmark... Though I know they are probably false, the rumours about a Lumia 1525 make me reconsider buying it.
    I rather buy the 1820, if it becomes true of course. However, if the Microsoft acquisition goes through, I don't see any more WPs going under Nokia's name anymore.
    01-18-2014 03:03 PM
    No, it's a 1h drive, and I don't think they have it until they start selling it
    Can you call them, to check, if you are ever in that area?
    01-18-2014 03:03 PM
    Same here in The Netherlands.
    I wanted it on day one and placed an order on contract before a release date was announced.
    Then late december there was a release date for the 8th of januari but is delayed till the 20th of januari.

Microsoft always does this with there products, same was with the windows surface tablet and also the Xbox One (which will come probably mid summer 2014).
    The Xbox One i ordered in Germany and the surface tablet i canceled and got a Vaio Duo tablet instead.
    But this phone is going on contract because that is cheaper in 2 years.
    So i have to wait.
    Hope they won't delay it again.
    01-18-2014 03:16 PM
    Can you call them, to check, if you are ever in that area?
    Yea, I'll probably check with them the next time I am somewhere near
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    01-18-2014 03:43 PM
    I gave up when we dont even get a confirmed date here in Sweden. I ordered from the US. I guess the downside is that there might be problems with waranty (i dont think so) but the price ended up about 25% lower than the cheapest retail price in sweden, And I got a red one (not sold here).
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-18-2014 05:05 PM
    They said that the 1520 should come to Sweden yesterday, but now they say in the middle of February... It is always like this in Sweden, it takes about half a year for products to come out, especially Windows Phones... It's pretty annoying, because when a phone finally comes to Sweden something else better is always announced.
    I wouldn't buy a phone in Sweden anyway, or any electronic device for that matter, since electronics are the most overpriced things in Sweden. When I lived there few years back I ordered all electronics, games, Bluray discs, etc. from the UK (mostly Amazon.co.uk) and saved a lot, especially since amazon has free postage from UK to Sweden.

If you are buying the phone at full price, check UK or even German sites and you will find a lot better price.
    01-18-2014 06:24 PM
    I wouldn't buy a phone in Sweden anyway, or any electronic device for that matter, since electronics are the most overpriced things in Sweden. When I lived there few years back I ordered all electronics, games, Bluray discs, etc. from the UK (mostly Amazon.co.uk) and saved a lot, especially since amazon has free postage from UK to Sweden.

If you are buying the phone at full price, check UK or even German sites and you will find a lot better price.
    Its expensive here but UK is even more expensive.
    01-18-2014 08:30 PM
    Phones are really cheap here in the US, compared to some of the phones in other countries, as I've both heard and seen. It seems that's also the case with a lot of other electronics...
    01-18-2014 09:12 PM
    Its expensive here but UK is even more expensive.
    Not in my experience.
    01-18-2014 09:50 PM
    It has been available over a month in Finland ... so it might be the closest source for you ...

By the way, it feels big for the first days, so you should use it for a week or so ... and then all 4" to 5" phones feels like toys ... :)

I am using 1520 as my primary phone now and it feels great ... well, my 920 is like a spare phone now ...

EDIT: if you buy an SD card for it too, buy a fast class 10 one, like Sandisk Extreme (not Ultra) ....
    01-19-2014 11:14 AM
    That's bizarre. Nordics have usually got the phone around the same time. Lumia 1520 has been selling in Finland for around a month already. Can't remember that happening before, especially with that kind of time difference.

I don't know how krona's exchange rate goes against euro and pound, but Germany tends to be cheapest if you are buying with euros. Granted phone prices in euros tend to be kind of standardized when it comes to Nokia.

Phones are really cheap here in the US, compared to some of the phones in other countries, as I've both heard and seen. It seems that's also the case with a lot of other electronics...
    They are, but much of that is because of VAT. Though there are companies like Apple that just translate dollar price to euros. Making their devices more than they should be even with VAT.
    01-19-2014 12:01 PM
    That's bizarre. Nordics have usually got the phone around the same time.

Lumia 1520 has been selling in Finland for around a month already. Can't remember that happening before, especially with that kind of time difference.
    That happens ... Well, I enjoy my Lumia 1520 while YOU are still waiting it in Sweden - it is a great one :)
    01-19-2014 12:06 PM
    That happens ... Well, I enjoy my Lumia 1520 while YOU are still waiting it in Sweden - it is a great one :)
    I already have Lumia 1520 bought from verkkokauppa.com. ;) I'm Finnish myself who switches between Sweden and Finland because of my work.
    01-19-2014 12:10 PM
    My order of the Lumia 1520 has been delayed AGAIN.
    From late december to Januari 8th to Januari 20th to Januari 22nd and now late next week.

This is annoying, have been waiting so freaking long for this phone and now they just keep delaying it.
    There will be a new Lumia with better specs out when i finally get the 1520.
    01-20-2014 10:01 AM
    I just received a tracking number and my L1520 will be here in Sweden before the week is over :)
    DBDev likes this.
    01-20-2014 11:06 AM
    I just received a tracking number and my L1520 will be here in Sweden before the week is over :)
    Nice!
    01-20-2014 12:00 PM
41 12