Lumia 1520 3G issues with Nano SIM card

durgeshnayak

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello

I have recently purchased a Lumia 1520 and got a Nano SIM card from my carrier in India. However I have been facing issues with the network signal when I am on 3G network. This issue is also present for another network carrier. Somehow the Nano SIM card does not allow the device to latch on to the network when on 3G whereas on 2G it works just fine. Is anyone facing similar issues ? Does anyone know any workaround?

Thanks.
Durgesh.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello

I have recently purchased a Lumia 1520 and got a Nano SIM card from my carrier in India. However I have been facing issues with the network signal when I am on 3G network. This issue is also present for another network carrier. Somehow the Nano SIM card does not allow the device to latch on to the network when on 3G whereas on 2G it works just fine. Is anyone facing similar issues ? Does anyone know any workaround?

Thanks.
Durgesh.

What is your carrier??? In India it's very hard to get 3G signals even in cities. Change to a good network carrier. I had Airtel and Tata DoCoMo and had the same problem in both.!!

durgeshnayak

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I have tried with both Idea and Vodafone. I am having no issues when I use a Micro SIM in my Note 3 for these carriers on 3G. Also the Nano SIM works just fine with 2G service. On 3G the Nano SIM card has very poor signal strength leading to unavailability of voice calls also.

Rohini Raman

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Coming a bit late to the party. I was also running into this issue and called up the Airtel Customer Care. Recreating APN profile, soft reset didn't help at all. When I enable the data roaming option and search for the network manually I can see the Airtel 2G, 3G network. Since then my data roaming has been on and 3G is back on airtel. Wohoo!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99