WP contacts

mantonas

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi, this might be a silly question but it will be my first time using a WP. I am getting a Lumia 1520 in about couple of days and I wonder if the way of saving the phone contacts on WP it's similar as in Google? As all my phone contacts are backed up with my Gmail account, how would be the easiest way to transfer them to the WP? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Lenovo A3000-H using Tapatalk

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
There may be an easier way, but here you go:

[h=1]Exporting Gmail contacts[/h]You can quickly export your Gmail Contacts list into a CSV file. Here's how:

1. Sign in to Gmail.
  2. Click Gmail at the top-left corner of your Gmail page, then choose Contacts.
  3. From the More drop-down menu, select Export....
  4. Choose whether to export all contacts or only one group.
  5. Select the format in which you'd like to export your contacts' information. Please note, some of these formats can lose some contact information.
    • To transfer contacts between Google accounts, use the Google CSV format. This is the recommended way to back up your Google Contacts.
    • To transfer contacts to Outlook, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, or various other apps, use the Outlook CSV format.
    • To transfer contacts to Apple Address Book, use the vCard format.
  6. Click Export.
  7. Choose Save to Disk then click OK.
  8. Select a location to save your file, and click OK.

Then:
  1. Sign into your MS account at live.com on your computer.
  2. Click the down arrow on the upper left portion of the screen next to where it says "Outlook"
  3. Click on "People"
  4. Click on "Import from file"
  5. It tells you what to do from there.
Once you get the phone and log into your MS account, those contacts will be there.

mantonas

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to you all! I've managed to do it successfully. Just went to contacts on my outlook.com account, selected to Import from Google and voila, sorted! Thanks again for the tips ;-)

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
This was one of my favorite things when switching to WP....every single contact I have is collated in my list. The way Outlook pulled everything in and merged multiple contacts seamlessly was awesome...even picking the best profile pic to use, like when I have a husband and wife as a single contact and it will default to the picture of two people instead of the single pic from one of their Facebook accounts.

Merging Facebook messages into the message app is also something that I would have never thought was useful until I actually received a couple of Facebook messages and didn't have to go into a separate app to respond...or even get a notification that it came in. I still think iOS is incredible, but it does miss some seamingly simple and basic stuff.

mantonas

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Great to know about that mozman68! I've always had Nokia phones previously but before the Microsoft take over. Been an Android user for the last few years and therefore, this will my 1st time using a WP. I hope not to miss Android much after tomorrow though :)

amr osman

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
When u set ur new phone accounts.make sure u tick on contacts on google accounts it will auto sync on ur WP and ur done😉

Sent from my RM-937_im_mea3_932 using Tapatalk

mantonas

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
When u set ur new phone accounts.make sure u tick on contacts on google accounts it will auto sync on ur WP and ur done😉

Sent from my RM-937_im_mea3_932 using Tapatalk

That's right, I've realized that afterwards. Thanks for the tip though 👍

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss