Any ideas on what I did.

Bruce Milliken

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok so here's the issue, I had my 1520 3 days and it hit the floor. I the screen didn't shatter only 2 little cracks on the left side even after hitting tile. The problem is now I have an issue where the phone will randomly back out of apps and go into the multi tasking as if I were holding the back button and it will "vibrate" back and forth like I'm swiping left to right extremely fast? WTH could I have done to this thing and what should I do to fix it? I really don't want to pay the $200 deductible if its a simple fix.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok so here's the issue, I had my 1520 3 days and it hit the floor. I the screen didn't shatter only 2 little cracks on the left side even after hitting tile. The problem is now I have an issue where the phone will randomly back out of apps and go into the multi tasking as if I were holding the back button and it will "vibrate" back and forth like I'm swiping left to right extremely fast? WTH could I have done to this thing and what should I do to fix it? I really don't want to pay the $200 deductible if its a simple fix.

the gravitational accident probably did some more damage than the two little cracks let on. Probably screwed up some part of the touch panel.
I doubt its a simple fix, although I will give it a soft reset first.

Is it a DIY fix, probably, but it depends on whether you're willing to get your hands dirty so to speak.

Bruce Milliken

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I figured that was the case. I did a soft reset earlier today and it was still acting up. The only good thing is that its not acting up all the time. Being a beginner to taking phones apart and trying to fix them, I'll probably just have to suck it up and pay the deductable and hope I get another yellow one.

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I figured that was the case. I did a soft reset earlier today and it was still acting up. The only good thing is that its not acting up all the time. Being a beginner to taking phones apart and trying to fix them, I'll probably just have to suck it up and pay the deductable and hope I get another yellow one.

It is broke. Accept it.
I'll tell you how to feel better about the deductible: :wink:
Subtract the cost of a new screen and/or digitizer from the deductible. > $60
Then add the time required for you to stumble through a rebuild as a beginner. (We will say you found the tutorial and tools, so 3 hours). 3Hrs
Multiply the hours by the value of your time. US median avg $16.71 Hr. So, $50.13.
That comes to a minimum DIY expense of $110.13
subtract that figure from the deductible of $200.
Result is $89.87 to have it fixed for you and a warranty added.

Sooo,
for $200 you can get a rightly new 1520 with a fully acceptable factory warranty.
or
for $110 you get a working 1520 with no warranty and a questionable future.

....Humor and questionable logic set aside, sorry for your loss and frustration. I would be very upset with myself had I done the same thing. No case at the time of the drop?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs