Cracked Screen

Scooby-2011

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi lads and lasses,

I've got my bulky 1520 for three weeks now. Unfortunately, yesterday it fell on a concreted floor and that caused the LCD to crack only, which is weird and irritating at the same time. The digitiser "whatever you call it" looks fine.
Two questions to be asked here, is it going to last? or is it going to die on me any time sooner?

Second question, if there is any need for parts replacement what shall I replace?

Thanks in advance mates.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
1) I don't know about how long your phone will last with a cracked screen. I'd guess that it could last a long time. You might consider putting on a screen protector such as Zagg's Invisible Shield, to hold everything together until you decide about whether to replace the screen or not.

2) Nokia Lumia 1520 Digitizer Touch Screen - Black

You can potentially find a replacement part like the one above. Getting the phone apart will require a very small Torx t2 or t3 screwdriver/bit.

Good luck!

Scooby-2011

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks mate for the quick answer.

As I mentioned, the Digitiser looks fine and no cracks on it whatsoever. The LCD only was cracked which is inside not outside. More weirdly, it functions with no probs at all. the crack looks a bit distracting.

I watched a Youtube video how to disassemble the entire device which is very useful, but I need to do what related only.

Thank you.

Scooby-2011

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Update:

Went to a Nokia Care Centre and replaced the LCD. It comes ( LCD and digitizer ) all in one piece. Costed me 900 SAR (240 USD)

They did the replacement but damaged the vibration and it doesn't work any more. I know many dislike the haptic feedback but me personally I like it and I'm thinking of taking it back to them and get it sorted.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Update:

Went to a Nokia Care Centre and replaced the LCD. It comes ( LCD and digitizer ) all in one piece. Costed me 900 SAR (240 USD)

They did the replacement but damaged the vibration and it doesn't work any more. I know many dislike the haptic feedback but me personally I like it and I'm thinking of taking it back to them and get it sorted.
I definitely would take it back, pretty sad when the authorized repair place breaks more stuff as if they don't know what they are doing ......

Scooby-2011

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I definitely would take it back, pretty sad when the authorized repair place breaks more stuff as if they don't know what they are doing ......

It sounded dodgy when the geezar at the front desk mentioned that my case was a first, and I knew deeply in my heart that something was going wrong, I was waiting and biting nails lol. Actually, this is what you pay if you get any device newly released, your device is gonna be the rat of experiment lol.

But yah as you mentioned, today I'm heading back to them.

Scooby-2011

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Update:

Took it back to the Nokia Care Centre and checked if there was any hardware defect or damage and found nothing. Actually, they checked and tested twice with no issues related to hardware!!!

I read somewhere else that some versions of Lumia have this issue and many claimed it was a software issue and i still wonder.

For me its not a biggy but a thing i'm used to and i find it a bit distracting to lose lol .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99