Just got my 1520!

Chiefy707

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
So I went over to ATT today and picked up the 1520. It was a toss up between this or the 925, with the 1520 chosen because it was the latest and greatest. My impressions so far?

-sweet battery life
-amazing display
-extremely slick and smooth interface

I had never seen the device before in person so when I walked in the store I was taken aback by the size and began to fondle the 925. But with 8.1 on the way, it made more sense to get something "future proof". As the day went on and I played with the device more, the size became much less of an negative issue. The beautiful display pretty much justifies the size. The ease of using some apps because of the extra real estate further makes that point.

I am not exactly a hardcore gadget junkie. My previous phone was an old school Galaxy S1 (I was stuck with it in the Philippines), prior to that was an S3, with an S2 before that. My first WP phone was the HTC Arrive which gave me a good taste of the Metro UI. It was a good solid phone but not exactly impressive.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Many congrats on your brand new L1520. Its an awesome phone and as you rightly mentioned its future proof with Windows 8.1 on the way. I'm sure you'll have a ball of a time using it.
I had used a demo piece of L1520 at the Nokia store, its simply awesome. I only wish I had the money to afford it.

billyweber0101

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking about the 1520 also. With 8.1 coming do you know what that means for user experience. Like will I be able to to 2 things at once on the screen like with windows tablets stiff like that ;)

anon(6020507)

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine 2 days ago. Truly amazing battery life. No charging needed in middle of day (I am a heavy user. About 6-8 hours of screen on time atleast and glance always on). :smile:
Got used to the size in these two days. Performance is amazing. All the apps open super fast when compared to my previous phones. Just wish it had the 1020 camera.
But hey.. I got it on ATT Next.. So, new phone next year. Hope Microsoft comes up with a 1020 camera and upgraded battery life. :cool:

Focus --> 920 --> 520 --> 1520

harmon rabb

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Got mine yesterday. I'm still getting used to the size, and I'm a former Note 2 owner, but I love the phone so far. Great screen, great battery life, the OS is pretty slick, and the perception that there aren't a lot of apps for WP seems to be completely wrong. The store isn't on the level of google or apple, but it is still very full, and I've found every big name app I've looked for.

ThePKReddy

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Got mine yesterday. Same feeling. Didn't see it in person. Just ordered. Currently syncing data and apps. After an hour or two with it, doesn't feel as huge. Although I am currently typing from my 925 now...which is a beautiful device on its own, if it wasn't for storage limitations, I wouldn't have gotten the 1520

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

Khang Ngo1

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
One week of owning this phone, I like it a lot better than the Galaxy Note I got from 2 yrs ago. Sure it's not as plentiful in apps compare to the other systems, but who will use all them apps anyway right? The battery life is amazing on this phone, and the durability of it.

mantonas

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Congratz! I am a former Note 3 user and therefore, the screen size its not a problem for. To be honest, my previous Note 3 was starting to look a bit small and the 1520, suits me just right. Having this phone for about 2 days, couldn't be happier with it, so far, so good 😊

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Congrats... I got mine a couple days ago, I had the Note 2 some time ago, but thought it was too big. I didn't like the way it felt in my hands. So I went to the HTC One. I loved the One, it was the longest I even owned a smart phone. But I did miss my Lumia 920, so I decided to give the 1520 a go at it. I really like the 1520. (Even though my first one was a dud) I missed how smooth things went with a WP.

Bigsro

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Howdy chaps, I have a Lumia 1520 on order (UK Sim free, 32GB, Wireless charging version) and can't wait!

I've currently got a Lumia 920, so I'm not sure if I'm going to use it as my daily phone yet. What I am going to use it for is gaming, media (crunchyroll, moliplayer and/or VLC player if it ever sees the light of day).

Also ordered the Nokia case/stand...did I mention everything is in White? ;-)

Can't wait!

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I have got mine a few days ago, and have been trying to find a good SD card, and figure out what Apps and updates to get.

This is my first WP, so I have been looking allover the place and asking questions to get a hang of it.

So far I have ended up with a temporary SD card, a SanDisk Extreme (Plus) microSDXC 80MB/s 16GB, while waiting for price drop on the 64GB. It wasn't easy to find a good overview about updated Apps and firmware updates. The Nokia's Software Updater for Retail seams to need a total overhaul too.

My first impression: The hardware is suburb, the big 6" screen is great, and the performance is good and lag-free, but both Nokia and Microsoft need to work on software/Apps. MS needs to role out WP 8.1 and then make a fast leap to WP 9.0. Nokia needs to streamline firmware update, the support site and such too.

My first impression is good so far.

megamsp

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Got mine yesterday. I'm still getting used t
o the size, and I'm a former Note 2 owner, but I love the phone so far. Great screen, great battery life, the OS is pretty slick, and the perception that there aren't a lot of apps for WPely wrong. The store isn't on the level of google or apple, but it is still very full, and I've found every big name app I've looked for.

I have the Note 2 for about one year. I love the 1520 but there are some knowed problems that makes me think twice. I dont want to spend a good amont of money for it and then be stressed up with screen sensitivity and speaker problems and so on.
Are you getting along well with the 1520? Do you miss any thing from the Note 2?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234