So.. do you enjoy the phone?

Skycop

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So I took a 10 hour flight today. My 1520 had been off the charger for six hours before the flight. I watched 3/4ths of a season of Falling Skies, read for an hour or two and played a couple of games of FIFA. When I landed I had 56% battery life left. That's insane to me! Back when I had an EVO my battery was out well before lunch. I thought the 920 was good but still doesn't hold a candle to the 1520s battery life.

I really wasn't sure if I'd like such a huge phone but I absolutely love it! I can do whatever I want on it all day and never need to worry about running out of juice. Watching movies, web surfing and kindle reading is a joy on this screen. My next phone will be the 1520s successor!

CrackFachry

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I love this phone.
Been using it for 3 weeks.

At first I thought this phone is big. But even with a Nillkin case I can put the 1520 in any of my front pant's pocket (even the skinny one).

The Display is absolutely beautiful! Playing heavy games is blazing fast with this monster. The loudspeaker is also loud.
What I love the most is battery life!
I have a Galaxy S4 with an extra battery. This beast lasts longer than 2 x battery of the S4!

Some minor points are:
Subpar lowlight photos (compared to 920 and S4) - videos too. In daylight.. It was superb! I usually use the manual setting for lowlight situation. But that involve using higher shutter speed to achieve better result than 920.
Sometimes the screen is too sensitive..

Other than that.. I'm very happy with my Lumia 1520

Last edited:

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
is nokia going to fix the problems?

I would say its safe to say yes, only thing is carrier approval for the updates. The camera issues and touch screen can be addressed in a firmware update.

Ive had my phone for about 2.5 weeks and I can say I thoroughly enjoy it.

This is my work phone so I use it for all of my work related tasks. Seeing an excel file or Visio document on a 6in screen is just awesome. The phone has great battery life and all the great features of WP8. It fits in my pocket fine with or without my Nillkin case.

I haven't experienced the touch issues everyone that have posted it. I did drop the sensitivity down to normal an find it just fine for my use.

The only downside is I tend to have to use 2 hands for somethings but that isn't a big deal. It kind of comes with the territory with a 6in screen phone.

I had a Lumia 900 before and I love the speech text and how much its improved going from a Lumia 900 to the 1520. I love now how its enabled for emails and not just SMS. My car doesn't have Bluetooth integration so I have enabled the assist while connected to the AUX port and it makes it easy to respond to incoming texts without using my hands.

The only thing I don't like is GIF animation isn't supported in SMS but that is in no way a deal breaker.

Mine was a 16GB version and Im fine with that. I have the SD card expansion if I need it and my music is all streamed through Xbox Music. Again not a deal breaker in my case.
Same token is about the Qi charging. Ive seen some people say that is a deal breaker to buy the phone but that's kind of short sighted if you ask me. Having to plug my phone in to charge hasn't swayed my descision in any way.

Funny thing is I have so gotten used to the size. My wife's Lumia 920 feels tiny in my hands and a Apple iPhone 5 feels even smaller.

I love and enjoy my Lumia 1520.

Ben Hanchett

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree with everything you said. I also use mine for work. I've had it almost one month. Doing spreadsheets is a breeze. Pulling up blueprints is much easier. All the Iphone people on the jobsites(99% of the workers) are always taken back by the size. Once I watch a video, show them a webpage, or blueprints on my phone, they turn into the minions from Despicable Me and stand staring going Ooohhh. This phone is awesome. I have the restart problem and the signal problem as well but I used the hell out of this phone. I picked up my 920 yesterday, I had to squint, lol, to read the screen.

gremlingswe

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Great :) ... then just open wi-fi when you need it and then turn it off ... the cellular data will be a main data source now :) ... just like I did, a year ago with my Lumia 920 :)

AWw :( it restarted today again, this time Wlan was not on ..But it seems that Wlan increases the reboots.

harmon rabb

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I love it when I use it. Carrying it is more of a burden than my previous nexus 5. But that's a fair trade, I knew the price of admission. It's a small tablet that happens to be able to make calls, and that you can generally find some pocket to fit (or sort of fit) it in. If you're prepared to accept that, it's a great device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)