Get it now or wait?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
......Question is really what devices are even real.....

also with the lack of hardware buttons it would let Microsoft implement "swipe to show buttons" like on Windows 8, which would give Apps more space and stop "nooo damn, i didn't want to activate the search or go back home". I can't be the only one who wants that a swipe able Bar on the bottom instead of fixed **** (at least as option please), there is nothing more annoying then capactivie buttons that are always on, soo annoying.

All this, and a bag of chips.
Not buying any of the L1820 rumors or whatever is out there. Just seems unreal to take a huge leap like those specs suggest. I love me some MS products, but reality is as reality does, and the MS reality is working to get things right, not fast. I am not expecting space age Windows Phones capabilities simply because they have caught up to the fancy jets on the L1520 and the L929.

Would not miss capacitive buttons at all since I have seen Androids without them. Would also give more area to screen size without forcing an increase to physical size. And that whole argument that HTC, Samsung, Sony, and other Android handset makers would be able to port WP to existing top end hardware would be great. Sign me up.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to check out the 1520 for the 3rd time this weekend. My AT&T store only has black on display, btw...

Sent NOT from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Get it.
Ive had it for two weeks now and it still gets better every day.

Btw, I have no touch issue so its not on all phones. Could have been a just on early batches.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I would wait...unless the camera and video performances of the camera have gotten better which some users were complaining about. MWC is around the corner and the next flagship should be here sometime in the next 6 months.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Got my 32gb yesterday and couldn't be happier! Not sure how long you plan on holding out, by the route the 929 is going you maybe waiting awhile....worst case you get the 1520, take care of it, something else comes out sell it and get what you want...but I couldn't be happier....i don't see the point of waiting and waiting

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Man...Nokia 1820 with Snapdragon 805 would be awesome. BUT, too early for that. SD805 will be launching mid-year...not so soon.

Either way, I hope my Lumia 1320 doesn't fall down to the order so soon. :(

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
gotta go with 32gb version ...on 32gb 920 i occupy 12gb of data . On 16gb that would leave me with about 4gb of memory left . That would slow my phone down......cant have that

Wrong. Unstoppable was absolutely correct. On its own, that has no direct influence on performance.

At some point, if you let free storage space drop to very low levels (don't have the number on hand) WP will start to be somewhat more aggressive in clearing out temporary files. This won't happen often, but if you are using the device when it does, then you likely will notice a delay (some might say lag... depends on what you were doing). If that is what you meant, okay, but that is not the permanent and constant performance degradation you make it sound like. It is also easy to fix...

Last edited:

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Okay maybe not slow down but with 16gb models I'll only be left with about 4gb of memory and that's data that ms unfortunately won't allow to be moved onto an SD card. So this deal with SD card support on ms is useless if all you can store on them is music....for photos you have SkyDrive !

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I went to the AT&T store yesterday, and had a lot of time with the 1520. It has a wonderful display and is very fluid. But I just couldn't get used to the size, and I felt the novelty would wear off. It also wouldn't fit in my pocket well, so I decided against it. If there is a global variant for the 929, and comes to AT&T, I'll get that, as 5 inches, heck even 5.3 inches, is better than 6 inches.

I appreciate all of your comments and helping me with this decision. For those with 1520's and love it, I'm glad you do. It is a wonderful device. If you can get used to the 6 inches and begin to love it, then that is perfect for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte