02-22-2014 02:25 AM
49 12
tools
    Why would you think import duties would apply to one and not the other? If you do go ahead and order let us know how you get on :)
    Good call, should read the T&Cs more thoroughly next time, import duties do apply indeed.
    02-10-2014 09:40 AM
    I have seen good deals on the wowcamera.net on their web site the 1520 is slightly cheapear than on Amazon. If the seller is the same from wich one is saffer to buy? I sent an email to Nokia Portugal and they told me that smartphone bought outside europe will not have warranty. The price is tempting but its a risk.
    How can i know wich version is european? Is there a code or number that i have to look before i buy?

I want to save money but in case of a problem i prefer to send to Nokia Portugal rather than Hong Kong.
    02-10-2014 10:27 AM
    For info, I didn't pay any import duties from Simply Electronics, though it did take an age to arrive (which I think is their most common complaint)
    02-10-2014 12:39 PM
    I purchased one from Top T on Amazon, very good service ordered on the 1st and arrived today via Royal Mail special delivery. 411 for a HK import considering the quality of the phone is ok by me. I did email them before i placed the order and asked where they sourced but the girl who replied stated it would either be an Asia or European version. It does state on Amazon that it would be a gb version but i'll take my chances.

I'm not complaining though especially at the price for it. No import duty as it was dispatched from uk. The girl did mention in her email that they use a dedicated Nokia service centre and if there are any warranty issues with the phone they pay for postage to it. I don't have a problem with it was looking at one on Gumtree but it's worse than ebay for scammers. Absolutely stunning phone and managed to keep my 1020 to replace my iPhone 5 for work so well pleased.
    I have emailed them to. They cant guarantee that it will be the 937 CV. They say that it can be this version or another. If its not the RM 937 CV version i will not have warranty in Portugal. The price they have on Amazon is 399. I would place my order but only if they guarantee that the one that i will receive is the internacional model RM 937 CV. Dont know what to do...
    02-11-2014 12:21 PM
    I have emailed them to. They cant guarantee that it will be the 937 CV. They say that it can be this version or another. If its not the RM 937 CV version i will not have warranty in Portugal. The price they have on Amazon is 399. I would place my order but only if they guarantee that the one that i will receive is the internacional model RM 937 CV. Dont know what to do...
    What are the different versions of RM-937? Is CV European version?
    02-11-2014 02:36 PM
    Nokia released three different RM models of 1520 (RM-937, RM-938 and RM-939).*Out of three RM-938 is US carrier AT&T specific LTE band (Only works with few carriers). RM-937 is the international version of the same LTE model which works with most of the carriers and RM-939 version is without LTE support model.

Has the member rajamass said on his review there are 3 versions. CV i dont know what it means but in some sites the CV appears.
    02-11-2014 04:23 PM
    ... CV i dont know what it means but in some sites the CV appears.
    I think CV stands for Country Variant.

Feel free to flame me if mistaken :-).
    02-11-2014 04:49 PM
    It maybe is country variant.
    I sent another email to the seller Top T. I said that i would place my ordered if they guarantee me the RM 937 version. Havent yet received an answer.
    If someone knows any good deal out there feel free to post here. Im searching for a good price for the RM 937 version.
    02-11-2014 05:46 PM
    It maybe is country variant.
    ... Im searching for a good price for the RM 937 version.
    What these sellers are selling is the RM-937 just not the variant you are looking for (in this case the HK one as opposed to one of the EURO ones).

I am looking for the GB Black (059V337 RM-937 VAR EURO GB CV BLACK) but every email I have sent to these sellers has either not been answered or when it has the message is the same, namely that they can't guarantee what variant it is going to be.
    02-11-2014 06:09 PM
    Can someone tell me where my emails disappear to?
    I don't delete them and the just go! ? Where to??
    02-11-2014 06:13 PM
    So i should look for a PT (Portugal) variant? GB means Great Britain right?
    Even if it is a GB variant (Great Britain) there will be no problems with warranty. I asked once to Nokia Portugal if i buy from UK the 1520 if i would have warranty. They told that yes. I would have warranty reconized in Portugal as long as i did have the invoice where it was stated the emai.
    02-11-2014 08:44 PM
    So i should look for a PT (Portugal) variant? GB means Great Britain right?...
    To find my variant I had a brief look here (don't know how complete or accurate it is but the product codes I am interested in seem to be): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531148
    Last edited by Evan_ISS; 02-12-2014 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Wrong URL
    02-12-2014 02:35 AM
    What these sellers are selling is the RM-937 just not the variant you are looking for (in this case the HK one as opposed to one of the EURO ones).

I am looking for the GB Black (059V337 RM-937 VAR EURO GB CV BLACK) but every email I have sent to these sellers has either not been answered or when it has the message is the same, namely that they can't guarantee what variant it is going to be.
    I don't think you'll get a UK-sourced 1520 at Hong Kong prices. There are several places that are selling the UK product, but you'll pay 500-600, unless you get a used one.

(As far as I can see, the best legit price on a UK phone is from O2 in red, as follows:
    - sign up for a new monthly contract at 17 per month, and add the phone via the option of 129 down payment and 24 months at 15
    - cancel the airtime contract within the cancellation period and pay off the phone contract
    - total payment is 489

It's locked to O2 but you can get them to unlock it.)
    02-12-2014 06:06 AM
    I wonder if new devices are announced at MWC will it affect the price of the 1520 in the next few weeks or would it be when those announced device are actually released in April? That's assuming there is even any high end Nokia devices announced which I doubt due to the lack of any reliable leaks 2 weeks away from the event??
    02-12-2014 08:45 AM
    I wonder if new devices are announced at MWC ...
    Daniel (Rubino) has been quite outspoken about the prospect of new devices at MWC (the rumored 1820 and 1525) and I am with him on that (i.e. new devices announced at Build with WP8.1, released to market around June).

I don't know whether I can wait until then, I absolutely loved the 1520 the brief time I had it, hence looking at buying back in.
    02-12-2014 10:18 AM
    Ebay seller has it for 368 now! Think I'm going to go for it and just hope I don't have any problems and have to return it to Hong Kong!?
    02-14-2014 05:57 AM
    Also, you are supposed to get 20 free from the store when you register on the Nokia site. However, when I put in my IMEI it bombed out, so assume its because its a HK variant.
    02-20-2014 02:44 AM
    I bought one from Amazon for 400, came the next morning. I am assuming its a HK variant, as during the initial setup the numbers for setting the time and date also had the Asian symbols for numbers :) Since setting the country I'm in i haven't seen them again, and (I believe), when you register it, it registers it to the country you were in when you did it? There's a message that asks if you would like it to use location services to check your country to register the device.
    02-20-2014 02:54 AM
    Ah yes, under info it has listed the manufacturer name as RM937_APAC_HONG_KONG_222
    02-20-2014 02:57 AM
    I bought one from Amazon for 400, came the next morning. I am assuming its a HK variant, as during the initial setup the numbers for setting the time and date also had the Asian symbols for numbers :) Since setting the country I'm in i haven't seen them again, and (I believe), when you register it, it registers it to the country you were in when you did it? There's a message that asks if you would like it to use location services to check your country to register the device.
    Yeah got my Hong Kong model today and it was the same
    02-21-2014 04:44 AM
    Ah yes, under info it has listed the manufacturer name as RM937_APAC_HONG_KONG_222
    Where can you see this info?
    02-21-2014 05:00 AM
    There are a number now (last time I checked there were x3) of "fulfilled by Amazon" options, has anyone bought from any of these 3 sellers and are they also offering the HK variant?
    02-21-2014 11:32 AM
    Where can you see this info?
    Settings > Extras+Info > More Info.

It also says Mobile Operator 000-HK.

Just a thought though, if you pay for it with a credit card instead of a debit card, it doesn't matter if they don't honour the warranty, as it'll be covered under the warranty you get through the credit card purchases protection.
    02-21-2014 03:31 PM
    I've just taken out an O2 refresh deal which means I can pay off the phone in one go, and out of my contract, for 360. Not bad for this type of phone.
    02-22-2014 02:25 AM
49 12