Nokia 1520 for ?400 - what's the catch?

marky9074

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Also, you are supposed to get ?20 free from the store when you register on the Nokia site. However, when I put in my IMEI it bombed out, so assume its because its a HK variant.

HarkAtYou

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I bought one from Amazon for ?400, came the next morning. I am assuming its a HK variant, as during the initial setup the numbers for setting the time and date also had the Asian symbols for numbers :) Since setting the country I'm in i haven't seen them again, and (I believe), when you register it, it registers it to the country you were in when you did it? There's a message that asks if you would like it to use location services to check your country to register the device.

cathain

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought one from Amazon for ?400, came the next morning. I am assuming its a HK variant, as during the initial setup the numbers for setting the time and date also had the Asian symbols for numbers :) Since setting the country I'm in i haven't seen them again, and (I believe), when you register it, it registers it to the country you were in when you did it? There's a message that asks if you would like it to use location services to check your country to register the device.

Yeah got my Hong Kong model today and it was the same

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There are a number now (last time I checked there were x3) of "fulfilled by Amazon" options, has anyone bought from any of these 3 sellers and are they also offering the HK variant?

HarkAtYou

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Where can you see this info?

Settings > Extras+Info > More Info.

It also says Mobile Operator 000-HK.

Just a thought though, if you pay for it with a credit card instead of a debit card, it doesn't matter if they don't honour the warranty, as it'll be covered under the warranty you get through the credit card purchases protection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro