09-16-2015 01:01 PM
72 123
tools
    iPhone 4 reference went right over your head...
    Not sure what your going on about but then again I'm sure you do either.
    02-06-2014 10:11 AM
    Not sure what your going on about but then again I'm sure you do either.
    its a joke. Apple said that saying in response to people complaining about losing signal with their iPhones
    02-07-2014 02:53 AM
    It's got nothing to do with the way we are holding the phone. If we are holding the phone we don't need a notification light as glance will do. It is when your away from your phone that it would be handy. Yes you can leave glance on all the time but why not have both. The windows light already flashes if the phone is charging when powered off. Why not use that.

lol! Some people got the joke...

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk
    mozman68 likes this.
    02-07-2014 10:43 AM
    I haven't missed my notification LEDs from previous phones one bit. For me, Glance "always on" does the trick. You can see from pretty far away whether or not you've got a notification, and which one it is by position. The only gripe I have is with the limited number of app notifications you can map to the screen but I'm sure this feature will grow to accommodate more in some way.
    mozman68 likes this.
    02-07-2014 11:05 AM
    its proximity sensor :)
    Its not proximity sensor. Proximity sensor is just outside the earpiece. Please test it yourselves.
    06-02-2014 06:52 PM
    Oh, wow, I went back to my M8 because of the notifications, but finding this "new" info for me is just off the hook. Wow, freaking, wow, this is so much more awesome than a blinking light. I am just amazed, every day I learn something new about my 1520. I just sent myself an email and wow this is so AWESOME! Thanks for this post, I would have never known about this feature. I love this site!
    06-03-2014 11:47 PM
    All this talk about Notification light, should give an experienced DEV an idea - perhaps there's an app for that (@ .99 a pop)?
    06-04-2014 01:21 PM
    All this talk about Notification light, should give an experienced DEV an idea - perhaps there's an app for that (@ .99 a pop)?
    I'd happily pay more than that.
    06-04-2014 02:22 PM
    Seems that a lot of WP users will not be happy until the OS is as bloated as Blandroid!!!
    Glance is the modern version of the 'notification LED'. The option to have this included and then have an option to turn it off if you don't want to use it... is not an option....
    Come on people, learn to use the bloody phone properly... If MS did decide to include a notification LED, we would have a thousand threads on 'battery drain'.....
    The mind boggles!!!!!!
    06-06-2014 10:29 PM
    Seems that a lot of WP users will not be happy until the OS is as bloated as Blandroid!!!
    Glance is the modern version of the 'notification LED'. The option to have this included and then have an option to turn it off if you don't want to use it... is not an option....
    Come on people, learn to use the bloody phone properly... If MS did decide to include a notification LED, we would have a thousand threads on 'battery drain'.....
    The mind boggles!!!!!!
    So we have thousands of threads of the glance battery drain - what's the difference. Notification LED uses less power, and is great for us Lazy people. I would certainly appreciate looking over and seeing notifications via LED while my phone is on the table out of arms reach. That stuff is important for people, glance is great but when I can't reach my phone from over 6ft away w/ my phone flat on a table, it'll be nice to see for a notification. And actually Glance always on reduces my battery about 45 minutes - 1 hour.
    06-06-2014 11:20 PM
    The mind boggles!!!!!!
    Tell that to the people that don't have glance.

The mind boggles!
    06-07-2014 11:40 AM
    Hows about having the logo 'breath' like it used to wp 7
    06-07-2014 01:46 PM
    Hows about having the logo 'breath' like it used to wp 7
    My logo didn't do anything on any of my 3 Windows Phone 7 devices.
    06-07-2014 03:37 PM
    My logo didn't do anything on any of my 3 Windows Phone 7 devices.
    Really?
    Wait I have confused this completely sorry! The Nokia N-series had this breath feature i.e. N81 N96

Basically it would breath to let you know its on standby, but would flash if you had a notification
    06-07-2014 04:25 PM
    So we have thousands of threads of the glance battery drain - what's the difference. Notification LED uses less power, and is great for us Lazy people. I would certainly appreciate looking over and seeing notifications via LED while my phone is on the table out of arms reach. That stuff is important for people, glance is great but when I can't reach my phone from over 6ft away w/ my phone flat on a table, it'll be nice to see for a notification. And actually Glance always on reduces my battery about 45 minutes - 1 hour.
    And it seems that Glance always on with the latest Dev Preview update may be trying to melt phones they get so hot, at least I know for sure it's happening with the 1520, including mine. I was so excited until mine about lit the counter on fire. Turned it off, haven't seen it since. Bummer because notifications are a MUST for me.
    06-07-2014 10:31 PM
    I wanted to see how much battery glance always on made and it never heated my 1520 but it did use more than twice as much battery going from 0.3% per hour with glance set to peek to 0.7% per hour with glance always on.

Where did you hear that it was causing problems on the 1520
    06-08-2014 05:32 AM
    Here is another perspective and I do realize this is an old thread. This is a dealbreaker for me. I was looking at going with the 635 but won't without the notification light. I can live without a front facing camera, no LED light on the camera and fewer apps which are not available on the Windows Store.

For the people who say check the phone, I don't need to be doing that every 5 minutes when I can just look on my phone at a blinking light. Turning the phone on wastes more battery. And for the people that don't like the LED notification why don't just build into the software the ability to turn it on of off? I don't think anyone can complain with this and it makes everyone happy.
    03-27-2015 11:26 AM
    It would be useful the workaround is we have Glance. We don't need to open the phone with Glance on
    03-27-2015 02:50 PM
    Having used both, I find Glance superior to a blinking LED light in every way.
    03-27-2015 05:31 PM
    I get out of the shower,I go into the room get to the wardrobe open it and start to get dressed.The phone is on the table(desktop) at least 3-4 meters away,i look at the phone if the NL flashes i go to check the phone if not I continue to do what I'm doin and forget about the phone.You cannot see glance from an angle from 3-4 meters away.I do not wish to go near the phone to look i wanna be able to look from a distance...can you understant this situation?
    06-30-2015 08:08 AM
    Sure... It's all in how you train your habits and expectations.

I expect a full and clear report on what notifications are waiting. I trained myself to the habit of looking directly at the screen.

You expect a more general notification and have trained yourself to observe your phone at a distance.

I value explicitness of reporting higher than I value distance of separation from the device. The times my device is that far from me that Glance does not serve are minimal and would be equivalent in most regards to times when I simply do not care what notifications I have as I am not going to attend to any of them in any event during that scenario.
    06-30-2015 11:45 AM
    Given we have here many developers, is that complicated to create kinda app to configure the Windows Logo Led or the other 2, to be used as NOTIFICATION LIGHT?
    09-16-2015 01:01 PM
72 123