Notification light

ThinkFast81

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
No you don't....if you're close enough to your phone to see a blinking light, you're close enough to get off your ***, walk over and look at it. :winktongue:
come on man lol u have good idea but for me and most people prefer the notification light to make them alert for any new notification, even when u r busy or having your phone charging:)

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I thought that the idea of a notification light is to show that you a notification. So if I have my my phone on a table and it is on silent the notification light was there to tell me to look at my phone to see what it is.

The glance screen is not really the same as a notification light. With glance you have to look and interact with the phone to check if you have notification.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I thought that the idea of a notification light is to show that you a notification. So if I have my my phone on a table and it is on silent the notification light was there to tell me to look at my phone to see what it is.

The glance screen is not really the same as a notification light. With glance you have to look and interact with the phone to check if you have notification.

The only difference between glance and a notification light is that you have to be able to see the screen to use Glance....no interaction....and it gives you way more info than a stupid light.

I don't miss that damn BB light one bit.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Notification light are more accurate and easy to use

More accurate?

Can the blinking light tell me if the notification is from my work email? Personal email? Twitter update? Facebook update? Voicemail? SMS message?

Or is it just a dumb blinking light that could mean any or all of the above?

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
More accurate?

Can the blinking light tell me if the notification is from my work email? Personal email? Twitter update? Facebook update? Voicemail? SMS message?

Or is it just a dumb blinking light that could mean any or all of the above?

on other phones and operating systems they can distinguish via colors and frequency of flash. I had this on a old Sammy and Blackberry. They blink different colors and at different rates.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
on other phones and operating systems they can distinguish via colors and frequency of flash. I had this on a old Sammy and Blackberry. They blink different colors and at different rates.

....and if you have four different notifications come in since the last time you looked?

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
can the glance tell you anything without being close and opening your phone?

"Close"...yes (except at night when I can see it from a decent distance).

You don't have to open the phone... It's always on...that's the point....I can always see the time and my selected notifications. My favorite part of the phone. Particularly at night and while in meetings at work.

Santhosh L720

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The only difference between glance and a notification light is that you have to be able to see the screen to use Glance....no interaction....and it gives you way more info than a stupid light.

I don't miss that damn BB light one bit.
Buddy Buddy Buddy This is definitely not a thread named "mozman68 loves Glance and Hates Notification light" This thread is created by a user who wants Notification light.. Let us respect his desire and whats is so wrong in winning a new feature??? If u do not like it.., there is always option to turn it off.. so do not disapoint people.. plzzz

ThinkFast81

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Buddy Buddy Buddy This is definitely not a thread named "mozman68 loves Glance and Hates Notification light" This thread is created by a user who wants Notification light.. Let us respect his desire and whats is so wrong in winning a new feature??? If u do not like it.., there is always option to turn it off.. so do not disapoint people.. plzzz
exactly I totally agree with u

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

Read the first post..."does the 1520 have a notification light" or something to that extent. The original poster obviously doesn't have a 1520...or does and is too stupid to know that it doesn't.

I assumed I was educating someone on why it doesn't and why Glance is THE feature on a Nokia phone to replace that.

Don't buy the 1520 then and go buy a Blackberry...I hear they're selling like hot cakes because of their awesome notification light feature.

ThinkFast81

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Take it easy man, for me as the poster I already have Lumia 920 which is what I am using it now and I asked for more info to upgrade to Lumia 1520 , anyways each poster has his own opinion and we should respect that :)

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Read the first post..."does the 1520 have a notification light" or something to that extent. The original poster obviously doesn't have a 1520...or does and is too stupid to know that it doesn't.

I assumed I was educating someone on why it doesn't and why Glance is THE feature on a Nokia phone to replace that.

Don't buy the 1520 then and go buy a Blackberry...I hear they're selling like hot cakes because of their awesome notification light feature.

There's always at least one knob isn't there. I bet you're a deeply loved person by those who know you.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
There's always at least one knob isn't there. I bet you're a deeply loved person by those who know you.

I'm the greatest man on Earth...and my knob is loved as well!

Seriously though...responding to specific posts and questions on a forum is all I was doing....that's the point. How would me NOT doing that let "everyone's opinion" not be known?

Let someone create an app that uses the flash to give you the notification light you want...and then you will just have to leave your phone laying on its face the entire time.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro